Hai-Ning Cui, Manuel F. Costa, V. Teixeira, Jun Zhang, "Solution-grown method of C
Solution-grown method of C
dS film by ultrasonical colloid chemistry deposition technique
A technique called ultrasonical colloid chemistry deposition (UCCD) has been used to produce bar-shaped ultrafine particles (UFP) cadmium sulphide films. UV-visible spectra and electron micrographic characterization results are presented and discussed. The thin films were analyzed by means of grazing incidence X-ray diffraction (GIXD) and X-ray diffraction (XRD). Detailed results about the amorphous characterization of the films during room temperature growth and post annealing are given.
- V. I. Boev, C. J. R. Silva, and M. J. M. Gomes, “Synthesis and characterization of a sol-gel derived ureasilicate hybrid organic-inorganic matrix containing CdS colloidal particles,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 31, no. 1–3, pp. 131–135, 2004.
- Y. C. Tian, T. Newton, N. A. Kotov, D. M. Guldi, and J. H. Fendler, “Coupled composite CdS-CdSe and core-shell types of (CdS)CdSe and (CdSe)CdS nanoparticles,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 100, no. 21, pp. 8927–8939, 1996.
- J. H. Fendler and F. C. Meldrum, “The colloid chemical approach to nanostructured materials,” Advanced Materials, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 607–632, 1995.
- K. Rajeshwar, “Electrosynthesized thin films of group II-VI compound semiconductors, alloys and superstructures,” Advanced Materials, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 23–29, 1992.
- M. Wu, W. Z. Gu, W. Z. Li, X. W. Zhu, F. D. Wang, and S. T. Zhao, “Preparation and characterization of ultrafine zinc sulfide particles of quantum confinement,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 224, no. 5-6, pp. 557–562, 1994.
- J. Kuczynski and J. K. Thomas, “Photophysical properties of cadmium sulfide deposited in porous Vycor glass,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 89, no. 13, pp. 2720–2722, 1985.
- S. L. Suib, “Zeolitic and layered materials,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 803–826, 1993.
- R. D. Stramel, T. Nakamura, and J. K. Thomas, “Cadmium sulfide on synthetic clay,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 130, no. 5, pp. 423–425, 1986.
- H.-N. Cui and S.-Q. Xi, “The fabrication of dipped CdS and sputtered ITO thin films for photovoltaic solar cells,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 288, no. 1-2, pp. 325–329, 1996.
- J. M. Dona and J. Herero, “Chemical codeposited. CdS-ZnS film characterization,” in Proceedings of 12th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, April 1994, P. 3B. 3.
- H.-N. Cui, R. Wang, H. J. Zhang, L. Y. Wang, and S.-Q. Xi, China Patent, The application and public number: 96123704x, December 1996.
- H.-N. Cui, W. Wang, E. Zhou, and X. Zhao, “Preparation and characterization of Langmuir-Blodgett films of porphyrins without long alkyl chains,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 214, no. 2, pp. 238–242, 1992.
- L. E. Brus, “Zero-dimensional “excitons” in semiconductor clusters,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1909–1914, 1986.
- R. M. German, Powder Metallurgy Science, Metal Powder Industries Federation, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1984.
- D. W. Pashley and M. J. Stowell, “Nucleation and growth of thin films as observed in the electron microscope,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 156–166, 1966.
- R. A. Arndt, J. F. Allison, A. Meulenberg Jr., and J. G. Haynos, “Optical properties of the COMSAT non-reflective cell,” in Proceedings of 11th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, pp. 40–43, Scottsdale, Ariz, USA, May 1975.
- J. X. Wang, Y. R. Sun, and T. B. Li, “Some improvements in thin film solar cells,” Acta Energiae Solaris Sinica, vol. 3, no. 1, p. 37, 1982.
- Hirishi Uda, Seiji Ikegami, and Hajimu Sonomura, “Properties of CdS/CdTe solar cells with Cu2Te-Au contacts,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 36, pp. 5549–5550, 1997.
Copyright © 2006 Hai-Ning Cui et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.