E. Zenkevich, T. Blaudeck, M. Abdel-Mottaleb, F. Cichos, A. Shulga, C. von Borczyskowski, "Photophysical properties of self-aggregated porphyrin: semiconductor nanoassemblies", International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2006, Article ID 090242, 7 pages, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1155/IJP/2006/90242
Photophysical properties of self-aggregated porphyrin: semiconductor nanoassemblies
Colloidal semiconductor nanocrystals from CdSe show photoluminescence quenching via titration with porphyrin derivatives. This quenching is an indication of the formation of nanoassemblies via surface attachment of pyridyl linker groups. As a consequence of the complex formation, dynamic and/or static interactions between QD and porphyrins are induced. Quenching efficiencies depend critically on sample stability, temperature, solvent, and electronic properties of the porphyrins. In order to optimize photoinduced dynamic processes these parameters have to be under control.
- A. Sukhanova, J. Devy, L. Venteo et al., “Biocompatible fluorescent nanocrystals for immunolabeling of membrane proteins and cells,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 324, no. 1, pp. 60–67, 2004.
- S. Pelet, J.-E. Moser, and M. J. Grätzel, “Cooperative effect of adsorbed cations and iodide on the interception of back electron transfer in the dye sensitization of nanocrystalline ,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 104, no. 8, pp. 1791–1795, 2000.
- Ph. Tamarat, A. Maali, B. Lounis, and M. Orrit, “Ten years of single-molecule spectroscopy,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 1–16, 2000.
- M. Nirmal, B. O. Dabbousi, M. G. Bawendi et al., “Fluorescence intermittency in single cadmium selenide nanocrystals,” Nature, vol. 383, pp. 802–804, 1996.
- E. Zenkevich, F. Cichos, A. Shulga, E. Petrov, T. Blaudeck, and C. von Borczyskowski, “Nanoassemblies designed from semiconductor quantum dots and molecular arrays,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 18, pp. 8679–8692, 2005.
- E. Zenkevich, A. Shulga, T. Blaudeck, F. Cichos, and C. von Borczyskowski, Physics, Chemistry and Applications of Nanostructures: Reviews and Short Notes to Nanomeeting-2005, edited by V. I. Borisenko, S. V. Gaponenko, and V. S. Gurin, World Scientific, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2005.
- A. Issac, C. von Borczyskowski, and F. Cichos, “Correlation between photoluminescence intermittency of CdSe quantum dots and self-trapped states in dielectric media,” Physical Review B, vol. 71, p. 16130(R), 2005.
- A. M. Kapitonov, A. P. Stupak, S. V. Gaponenko, E. P. Petrov, A. L. Rogach, and A. Eychmüller, “Luminescence properties of thiol-stabilized CdTe nanocrystals,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 103, no. 46, pp. 10109–10113, 1999.
- B. R. Fischer, H.-J. Eisher, N. E. Stott, and M. G. Bawendi, “Emission intensity dependence and single-exponential behavior in single colloidal quantum dot fluorescence lifetimes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 143–148, 2004.
- E. Zenkevich and C. von Borczyskowski, Handbook of Polyelectrolytes and Their Applications, vol. 2, American Scientific, Stevenson Ranch, Calif, USA, 2002, chapter 11.
- G. Schmid, Ed., Nanoparticles: From Theory to Applications, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2004.
- L. E. Brus, “Quantum crystallites and nonlinear optics,” Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 465–474, 1991.
- A. R. Clapp, I. L. Medintz, J. M. Mauro, B. R. Fisher, M. G. Bawendi, and H. Mattoussi, “Fluorescence resonance energy transfer between quantum dot donors and dye-labeled protein acceptors,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 1, pp. 301–310, 2004.
- C. Burda, T. C. Green, S. Link, and M. A. El-Sayed, “Electron shuttling across the interface of CdSe nanoparticles monitored by femtosecond laser spectroscopy,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 103, no. 11, pp. 1783–1788, 1999.
- C. Landes, C. Burda, M. Braun, and M. A. El-Sayed, “Photoluminescence of CdSe nanoparticles in the presence of a hole acceptor: -butylamine,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 105, no. 15, pp. 2981–2986, 2001.
- S. F. Wuister, A. van Houselt, C. de Mello Donegá, D. Vanmaekelbergh, and A. Meijerink, “Temperature antiquenching of the luminescence from capped CdSe quantum dots,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol. 43, no. 23, pp. 3029–3033, 2004.
- J. Tang and R. A. Marcus, “Mechanisms of fluorescence blinking in semiconductor nanocrystal quantum dots,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 123, p. 54704, 2005.
- T. Blaudeck, thesis, Tu Chemnitz, Chemnitz, Germany, in preparation.
- E. Zenkevich, C. von Borczyskowski, and A. Shulga, “Structure and excited state properties of multiporphyrin arrays formed by supramolecular design,” Journal of Porphyrins & Phthalocyanines, vol. 7, no. 11-12, pp. 731–754, 2003.
Copyright © 2006 E. Zenkevich et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.