Research Article | Open Access
B. S. Lukyanov, Yu. S. Alekseenko, E. L. Mukhanov, M. B. Lukyanova, A. V. Metelitsa, K. N. Khalanskij, V. V. Tkachev, O. N. Ryashin, "Spiropyrans Containing the Reactive Substituents in the 2H-Chromene Moiety", International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2007, Article ID 010583, 6 pages, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1155/2007/10583
Spiropyrans Containing the Reactive Substituents in the 2H-Chromene Moiety
Some spiropyrans containing functional substituents in the -chromene part of the molecule were synthesized and their photochromic properties in solution and solid state were investigated. The presence of the formyl group in the -chromene fragment enhances the possibility to show photochromic properties in solution.
- H. Bouas-Laurent and H. Dürr, “Organic photochromism (IUPAC Technical Report),” Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 639–665, 2001.
- H. Dürr and H. Bouas-Laurent, Photochromism. Molecules and System, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1990.
- M. W. Evans, Ed., Modern Nonlinear Optics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- B. I. Feringa, Ed., Molecular Switches, John Wiley & Sons, Weinheim, Germany, 2001.
- B. S. Lukyanov and M. B. Lukyanova, “Spiropyrans: synthesis, properties, and application. (Review),” Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 281–311, 2005.
- S. M. Aldoshin, “Structural studies by X-ray diffraction,” in Organic Photochromic and Thermochromic Compounds, Vol. 2, J. C. Carno and R. J. Gugliemetti, Eds., p. 297, Kluwer Academic, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- V. I. Minkin, “Photo-, thermo-, solvato-, and electrochromic spiroheterocyclic compounds,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 104, no. 5, pp. 2751–2776, 2004.
- V. I. Minkin, “Molecular computers,” Scientific Ideas of Caucasus (Russia), vol. 32, 2004.
- B. B. Safoklov, B. S. Lukyanov, A. O. Bulanov et al., “Photo- and thermochromic spiropyrans. 21. -formyl-3,-dimethyl-4-oxospiro(3,4-dihydro-2H-1,3-benzoxazine-2,-chromene) possessing photochromic properties in the solid phase,” Russian Chemical Bulletin, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 462–466, 2002.
- B. S. Lukyanov, A. V. Metelitsa, N. A. Voloshin et al., “Solid state photochromism of spiropyrans,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 2005.
- A. O. Bulanov, B. B. Safoklov, B. S. Lukyanov et al., “Photochromic and thermochromic spiropyrans. 22. Spiropyrans of the 4-Oxo-3,4-dihydro-3H-1,3-benzoxazine series containing -accepting substituents at position ,” Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 315–317, 2003.
- G. T. Vasilyuk, S. A. Maskevich, S. G. Podtynchenko, V. I. Stepuro, B. S. Lukyanov, and Yu. S. Alekseenko, “Structural thermo- and phototransformations of oxaindane spiropyrans adsorbed on silver films,” Journal of Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 344–350, 2002.
- A. Feofanov, A. Ianoul, E. Kryukov et al., “Nondisturbing and stable SERS-active substrates with increased contribution of long-range component of raman enhancement created by high-temperature annealing of thick metal films,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 69, no. 18, pp. 3731–3740, 1997.
- B. S. Lukyanov, A. V. Metelitsa, M. B. Lukyanova et al., “Photochromism of the spiropyran thin solid films,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, vol. 431, pp. 351–356, 2005.
- Yu. S. Alekseenko, A. O. Bulanov, Yu. A. Sayapin, A. S. Alekseenko, B. S. Lukyanov, and B. B. Safoklov, “New photochromic bispiropyran,” Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 1152–1153, 2002.
- E. L. Mukhanov, Yu. S. Alekseenko, B. S. Lukyanov, Yu. I. Ryabukhin, O. N. Ryashchin, and M. B. Lukyanova, “Novel spiropyrans of the benzoxazinone series containing a condensed benzo ring in the hetarene moiety,” Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 408–409, 2006.
- B. S. Lukyanov, Yu. I. Ryabukhin, G. N. Dorofeenko, L. E. Nivorozhkin, and V. I. Minkin, “Photochromic and thermochromic spirans,” Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 122–127, 1978.
- E. L. Mukhanov, O. N. Ryashin, Yu. S. Alekseenko et al., “New asymmetrical bispiropyran,” in The 4th National Crystal Chemical Conference, p. 125, Chernogolovka, Russia, June 2006.
Copyright © 2007 B. S. Lukyanov et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.