Research Article | Open Access
Skirma Zalenkiene, Judita Sukyte, Remigijus Ivanauskas, Vitalijus Janickis, "Selenopentathionic and Telluropentathionic Acids as Precursors for Formation of Semiconducting Layers on the Surface of Polyamide", International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2007, Article ID 072497, 7 pages, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1155/2007/72497
Selenopentathionic and Telluropentathionic Acids as Precursors for Formation of Semiconducting Layers on the Surface of Polyamide
The layers of copper chalcogenides, which were formed on the surface of semihydrophilic polymer—polyamide 6 (PA) using monoselenopentathionic and monotelluropentathionic acids as precursors of chalcogens, were characterized. Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) and UV spectroscopy were used to monitor the effect of chalcogens on the changes in structure of PA corresponding to the concentration of the precursor's solution and an exposure time. The IR spectra of modified PA were completely different from that of the initial PA. Further interaction of chalcogenized PA with copper (II/I) salt solution leads to the formation of , , and mixed –– and – layers which have different electric transport properties. The surface properties of PA after treatment are studied using AFM and XRD. The electrical resistances of layers with various composition formed over a wide concentration range 0.01–0.5 of precursor's solution were measured. Variation in the conductivity of layers of Cu–Se–S and Cu–Te–S on the surface of PA shows an evident increase with the increasing of the mass fraction of selenium or tellurium.
- Ch. Ma, D. Moore, Y. Ding, J. Li, and Z. L. Wang, “Nanobelt and nanosaw structures of II-VI semiconductors,” International Journal of Nanotechnology, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 431–451, 2004.
- W. S. Chen, J. M. Stewart, and R. A. Mickelsen, “Polycrystalline thin-film Se/CdS solar cell,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 1095–1097, 1985.
- C. Naşcu, I. Pop, V. Ionescu, E. Indrea, and I. Bratu, “Spray pyrolysis deposition of CuS thin films,” Materials Letters, vol. 32, no. 2-3, pp. 73–77, 1997.
- H. Okimura, T. Matsumae, and R. Makabe, “Electrical properties of Se thin films and their application for solar cells,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 53–59, 1980.
- M. A. Korzhuev, “Dufour effect in superionic copper selenide,” Physics of the Solid State, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 217–219, 1998.
- M. Emziane, K. Durose, N. Romeo, A. Bosio, and D. P. Halliday, “Effect of activation on the impurity distribution in CdTe/CdS solar cell structures,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 480-481, pp. 377–381, 2005.
- O. Foss, “Salts of monotelluropentathionic acid,” Acta Chemica Scandinavica, vol. 3, pp. 708–716, 1949, ibid. “The interrelationship between monoseleno polythionates,” pp.435–444.
- V. I. Zelionkaite and V. J. Šukyte, “About the solutions of selenopentathionic acid,” Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 9, p. 2347, 1973 (Russian).
- J. Sukyte, R. Ivanauskas, and V. Janickis, “Chemistry and technology of inorganic compounds,” in Proceedings of the Conference of “Lithuanian Science and Industry”, p. 53, Kaunas, Lithuania, April 2004.
- R. Ivanauskas, V. Janickis, and N. Petrašauskienė, “Modification of polyamide (PA) films by layers of copper sulfides-selenides,” Materials Science, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 298–301, 2000.
- R. Ivanauskas, J. Sukyte, V. Janickis, and N. Petrašauskienė, “Modification of polyamide (PA) films by layers of mixed copper sulfides–copper tellurides,” Materials Science, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 29–33, 2004.
- V. J. Šukyte, R. Ivanauskas, and V. Janickis, “Preparation and some properties of Cu-Te-S thin films on the polyamide (PA) surface,” Polish Journal of Chemistry, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 759–771, 2005.
- K. Nakamoto, Infrared and Raman Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1986.
- I. Bružaite, V. Janickis, I. Ancutiene, and V. Snitka, “Formation of thallium sulphide layers on polyethylene (PE) sulphurised in a solution of higher polythionic acid,” Diffusion and Defect Data Pt.B: Solid State Phenomena, vol. 106, pp. 133–138, 2005.
- E. R. Clark and A. J. Collett, “Infrared and Raman spectra of seleno- and telluro-pentathionates,” Journal of the Chemical Society A: Inorganic, Physical, Theoretical, no. 10, pp. 1594–1596, 1969.
- O. Foss, “Structures of compounds containing chains of sulfur atoms,” in Advances in Inorganic Chemistry and Radiochemistry, H. J. Emeleus and A. G. Sharpe, Eds., vol. 2, p. 237, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1960.
- V. Janickis and J. Janickis, “IR absorption spectra of potassium selenopolythionates,” Transactions of Lithuanian Academy of Sciences. Series B, vol. 6, p. 43, 1986.
- P. M. Keane and H. F. Hanzen, “Chalcogenides: solid state chemistry,” in Encyclopedia of Inorganic Chemistry, R. B. King, Ed., p. 610, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- J. A. Hestekin, L. G. Bachas, and D. Bhattacharyya, “Poly(amino acid)-functionalized cellulosic membranes: metal sorption mechanisms and results,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 2668–2678, 2001.
Copyright © 2007 Skirma Zalenkiene et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.