- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 890183, 5 pages
Energy Yield of Tracking PV Systems in Jordan
Electrical Engineering Department, Hashemite University, Zarqa 13115, Jordan
Received 7 February 2012; Revised 3 April 2012; Accepted 3 April 2012
Academic Editor: Shahed Khan
Copyright © 2012 A. Al Tarabsheh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. A. Kelly and T. L. Gibson, “Improved photovoltaic energy output for cloudy conditions with a solar tracking system,” Solar Energy, vol. 83, no. 11, pp. 2092–2102, 2009.
- P. Roth, A. Georgiev, and H. Boudinov, “Cheap two axis sun following device,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 46, no. 7-8, pp. 1179–1192, 2005.
- Array Technologies Incorporation, Wattsun Solar Trackers, http://www.wattsun.com/.
- I. Etier, A. Al Tarabsheh, and M. Ababneh, “Analysis of solar radiation in Jordan,” Jordan Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 190–197, 2010.
- Meteotest, METEONORM Global Meteorological Database for Engineers, Planners and Education, Version 5.0, Meteotest, Bern, Switzerland, 2003.
- A. Luque and S. Hegedus, Handbook of Photovoltaic Science and Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- R. Hanitsch, I. Etier, N. Ertürk, K. Heumann, and M. Munschauer, “Simulation and comparison of a tracked PV system with a model based on the measurement of the sky-irradiance distribution,” in Proceedings of the 2nd ISES-Europe Congress (EuroSun '98), Portoroz, Slovenia, September 1998.
- D. J. Higham and N. J. Higham, MATLAB Guide, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2nd edition, 2005.
- I. Etier, A. Tarabsheh, and M. Ababneh, “Investigation of solar energy in the Hashemite University,” in Proceedings of the International Conference and Exhibition on Green Energy & Sustainability for Arid Regions & Mediterranean Countries, Amman, Jordan, November 2009.
- T. Tomson, “Discrete two-positional tracking of solar collectors,” Renewable Energy, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 400–405, 2008.