- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 249502, 6 pages
Key Success Factors and Future Perspective of Silicon-Based Solar Cells
1Milano-Bicocca Solar Energy Research Center (MIB-SOLAR), Department of Materials Science, University of Milano-Bicocca, Via Cozzi 53, 20126 Milano, Italy
2Centre for Materials and Microsystems, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Via Sommarive 18, 38123 Trento, Italy
Received 18 January 2013; Accepted 6 February 2013
Academic Editor: Sudhakar Shet
Copyright © 2013 S. Binetti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Jackson, D. Hariskos, E. Lotter et al., “New world record efficiency for Cu(In,Ga)Se2 thin-film solar cells beyond 20%,” Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Application, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 894–897, 2011.
- T. K. Todorov, K. B. Reuter, and D. B. Mitziet, “High-efficiency solar cell with earth-abundant liquid-processed absorber,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 20, pp. E156–E159, 2010.
- H. Katagiri, K. Jimbo, S. Yamada et al., “Enhanced conversion efficiencies of Cu2ZnSnS4-based thin film solar cells by using preferential etching technique,” Applied Physics Express, vol. 1, no. 4, 2008.
- M. A. Green, K. Emery, Y. Hishikawa, W. Warta, and E. D. Dunlop, “Solar cell efficiency tables (version 39),” Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 12–20, 2012.
- R. Kopecek and M. McCann, “Multicrystalline silicon solar cells: standard processes and trends,” in Handbook of Silicon Photonics, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2013.
- A. Castaldini, D. Cavalcoli, A. Cavallini, and S. Pizzini, “Experimental evidence of dislocation related shallow states in p-type Si,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 95, no. 7, Article ID 076401, pp. 1–4, 2005.
- M. Kittler, C. Ulhaq-Bouillet, and V. Higgs, “Influence of copper contamination on recombination activity of misfit dislocations in SiGe/Si epilayers: temperature dependence of activity as a marker characterizing the contamination level,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 78, no. 7, pp. 4573–4583, 1995.
- S. Acerboni, S. Pizzini, S. Binetti, M. Acciarri, and B. Pichaud, “Effect of oxygen aggregation processes on the recombining activity of 60°dislocations in Czochralski grown silicon,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 76, no. 5, pp. 2703–2710, 1994.
- M. D. Pickett and T. Buonassisi, “Iron point defect reduction in multicrystalline silicon solar cells,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 12, Article ID 122103, 2008.
- J. Hofstetter, D. P. Fenning, J. F. Leliefvre, C. del Canizo, and T. Buonassisi, “Engineering metal precipitate size distributions to enhance gettering in multicrystalline silicon,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 209, no. 10, pp. 1861–1865, 2012.
- G. Coletti, P. C. Bronsveld, G. Hahn et al., “Impact of metal contamination in silicon solar cells,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 879–890, 2011.
- J. Libal, S. Novaglia, M. Acciarri et al., “Effect of compensation and of metallic impurities on the electrical properties of Cz-grown solar grade silicon,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 104, no. 10, Article ID 104507, 2008.
- J. Veirman, S. Dubois, N. Enjalbert, J. P. Garandet1, and M. Lemiti, “Electronic properties of highly-doped and compensated solar-grade silicon wafers and solar cells,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 109, no. 10, Article ID 103711, 2011.
- C. Modanese, M. Acciarri, S. Binetti, A. Søiland, M. Acciarri, and S. Binetti, “Temperature-dependent Hall-effect measurements of p-type multicrystalline compensated solar grade silicon,” Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, 2012.
- E. Klampaftis, D. Ross, K. R. McIntosh, and B. S. Richards, “Enhancing the performance of solar cells via luminescent down-shifting of the incident spectrum: a review,” Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 8, pp. 1182–1194, 2009.
- A. Le Donne, M. Dilda, M. Crippa, M. Acciarri, and S. Binetti, “Rare earth organic complexes as down-shifters to improve Si-based solar cell efficiency,” Optical Material, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 1012–1014, 2011.
- C. Y. Huang, D. Y. Wang, C. H. Wang et al., “Efficient light harvesting by photon downconversion and light trapping in hybrid ZnS nanoparticles/Si nanotips solar cells,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 5849–5854, 2010.
- A. J. Nozik, “Quantum dot solar cells,” Physica E, vol. 14, pp. 115–120, 2002.
- V. I. Klimov, S. A. Ivanov, J. Nanda et al., “Single-exciton optical gain in semiconductor nanocrystals,” Nature, vol. 447, no. 7143, pp. 441–446, 2007.
- A. Le Donne, S. K. Jana, S. Banerjee, S. Basu, and S. Binetti, “Optimized luminescence properties of Mn doped ZnS nanoparticles for photovoltaic applications,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 113, no. 1, Article ID 014903, 5 pages, 2013.
- J. Cao, J. Yang, Y. Zhang et al., “Optimized doping concentration of manganese in zinc sulfide nanoparticles for yellow-orange light emission,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 486, no. 1-2, pp. 890–894, 2009.
- E. C. Cho, S. Park, X. Hao et al., “Silicon quantum dot/crystalline silicon solar cells,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 24, Article ID 245201, 2008.
- D. Di, I. Perez-Wur, G. Conibeer, and M. A. Green, “Formation and photoluminescence of Si quantum dots in SiO2/Si3N4 hybrid matrix for all-Si tandem solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 12, pp. 2238–2243, 2010.
- I. Perez-Wurfl, L. Ma, D. Lin, X. Hao, M. A. Green, and G. Conibeer, “Silicon nanocrystals in an oxide matrix for thin film solar cells with 492 mV open circuit voltage,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 100, pp. 65–68, 2012.
- M. Morgano, I. Perez-Wurfl, and S. Binetti, “Nanostructured silicon-based films for photovoltaics: recent progresses and perspectives,” Science of Advanced Materials, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 388–400, 2011.
- M. Wang, A. Anopchenko, A. Marconi et al., “Light emitting devices based on nanocrystalline-silicon multilayer structure,” Physica E, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 912–915, 2009.
- E. Šimánek, “The temperature dependence of the electrical resistivity of granular metals,” Solid State Communications, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 1021–1023, 1981.