- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 309863, 3 pages
Developmental Origins of Pediatric Obesity
1Division of Academic General Pediatrics, Child Development and Community Health, UC San Diego, CA 92093-0927, USA
2Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5406, USA
3Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology (INTA), University of Chile, El Líbano 5524, 138-11 Santiago, Chile
4Department of Pediatrics, Catholic University of Chile, Avenida Libertador General Bernardo O'Higgins 340, Santiago, Chile
5Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Amsterdam Academic Medical Center, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Received 18 July 2012; Accepted 18 July 2012
Copyright © 2012 Sheila Gahagan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “Intergrowth-21st, The International Fetal and Newborn Growth Consortium, University of Oxford Web site,” http://www.medscinet.net/intergrowth/, 2012.
- The WHO Child Growth Standards, “World Health Organization Web site,” http://www.who.int/childgrowth/en/, 2012.
- K. M. Rasmussen, A. L. Yaktine, and Institute of Medicine (U. S.), Eds., Committee to Reexamine IOM Pregnancy Weight Guidelines. Weight Gain During Pregnancy: Reexamining the Guidelines, National Academies Press, Washington, DC, USA, 2009.
- “The 1, 000 Days partnership supported by Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN),” http://www.thousanddays.org/ partnerships/scaling-up-nutrition-info/, 2012.
- C. Corvalan, A. D. Dangour, and R. Uauy, “Need to address all forms of childhood malnutrition with a common agenda,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 93, no. 5, pp. 361–362, 2008.
- E. Waters, A. de Silva-Sanigorski, B. J. Hall et al., “Interventions for preventing obesity in children,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 12, Article ID CD001871, 2011.
- L. M. Wen, L. A. Baur, J. M. Simpson, C. Rissel, K. Wardle, and V. M. Flood, “Effectiveness of home based early intervention on children's BMI at age 2: randomised controlled trial,” British Medical Journal, vol. 2, no. 1, 2012.
- P. R. Nader . Huang TT, S. Gahagan, S. Kumanyika, R. A. Hammond, and K. K. Christoffel, “Next steps in obesity prevention: altering early life systems to support healthy parents, infants, and toddlers,” Childhood Obesity, vol. 8, no. 3, 2012.