- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 791490, 3 pages
Parental Involvement in the Preoperative Surgical Safety Checklist Is Welcomed by Both Parents and Staff
1Our Lady’s Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin 12, Ireland
2Paediatric Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin 2, Ireland
3King Hamad University Hospital, Busaiteen, P.O. Box 24343, Bahrain
4Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, RCSI Medical University of Bahrain, Al Sayh, Bahrain
Received 29 December 2013; Accepted 16 March 2014; Published 13 April 2014
Academic Editor: Samuel Menahem
Copyright © 2014 Martin T. Corbally and Eamon Tierney. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. F. Stahel, A. L. Sabel, M. S. Victoroff et al., “Wrong-site and wrong-patient procedures in the universal protocol era: analysis of a prospective database of physician self-reported occurrences,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 145, no. 10, pp. 978–984, 2010.
- L. L. Leape, “Error in medicine,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 272, no. 23, pp. 1851–1857, 1994.
- J. Neily, P. D. Mills, N. Eldridge et al., “Incorrect surgical procedures within and outside of the operating room,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 144, no. 11, pp. 1028–1034, 2009.
- P. J. Pronovost and J. A. Freischlag, “Improving teamwork to reduce surgical mortality,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 304, no. 15, pp. 1721–1722, 2010.