- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 126362, 12 pages
Phase Analysis of the Cellulose Triacetate-Nitromethane System
1Institute of Chemistry, Saratov State University, 83 Ulitsa Astrakhanskaya, Saratov 410012, Russia
2Institute of Biochemistry and Physiology of Plants and Microorganisms, 13 Prospect Entuziastov, Saratov 410049, Russia
Received 31 March 2011; Revised 27 May 2011; Accepted 20 August 2011
Academic Editor: Jan-Chan Huang
Copyright © 2012 Anna B. Shipovskaya et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. E. Chalykh, V. K. Gerasimov, and Y. M. Mikhailov, Diagrams of the Phase State of Polymeric Systems, Yanus-K, Moscow, Russia, 1998.
- V. J. Klenin, Thermodynamics of Systems Containing Flexible-Chain Polymers, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1999.
- A. B. Shipovskaya and G. N. Timofeeva, “The liquid-crystalline state of cellulose acetates: from past to present. Experience of the Saratov school,” Fibre Chemistry, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 17–21, 2006.
- G. N. Timofeyeva, E. S. Sveshnikova, and A. B. Shipovskaya, “The orientation phenomena in system acetate of cellulose of different degree of replacement—nitromethane,” in Proceedings of the Composite—2004 International Conference, pp. 336–341, SGTU Press, Saratov, Russia, 2004.
- G. N. Timofeyeva, V. M. Averianova, and V. J. Klenin, “Thermokinetic studying of phase division in system triacetate cellulose-nitrometan,” Vysokomolekulyarnye Soedineniya B, vol. 19, no. 1, p. 7, 1977.
- V. J. Klenin, S. Yu. Shchyogolev, and V. I. Lavrushin, Characteristic Functions of Light Scattering of Disperse Systems, Saratov State University, Saratov, Russia, 1977.
- C. Reichardt, Solvents and Solvent Effects in Organic Chemistry, VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 1988.
- W. R. Moor and J. Schuttlewort, “Solvation of cellulose derivatives,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 132, no. 1, pp. 89–91, 1964.
- A. S. Buntjakov and V. M. Averyanova, “Structure of solutions and films of cellulose acetate,” Journal of Polymer Science Part C, no. 38, pp. 109–120, 1972.
- P. J. Flory, Principles of Polymer Chemistry, Cornell University Press, Ithaca, NY, USA, 1953.
- S. L. Shmakov, “Phase equilibrium in solutions of star-shaped macromolecules: an improved Okada-Numasawa model,” Polymer, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 1491–1495, 2001.
- V. I. Klenin, I. V. Fedusenko, and Y. I. Klokhtina, “Structure of crystallizable polymers in solutions: effect of dissolution technique,” Vysokomolekularnye Soedineniya, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 2054–2062, 2003.
- A. E. Chalykh, U. V. Nikulova, and A. S. Nikulov, “Phase balance and phase structure in system polystyrene-polivinilmetilovyj an ether,” Chemistry and Chemical Technology, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 28–32, 2008.
- S. P. Papkov, Physicochemical Principles of Processing Polymer Solutions, Chimiya press, Moscow, Russia, 1971.
- A. B. Shipovskaya and G. N. Timofeyeva, “Peculiarities of phase separation in the variacetylated cellulose acetate—mesophasogenic solvent (nitromethane) system,” in Struktura i Dinamika Molekuliarnykh Sistem, vol. 10, part 2, pp. 222–225, Kazan University Press, Kazan, Russia, 2003.
- P. V. Kozlov and E. V. Gert, “Individual crystals of cellulose acetates,” in Chemistry and Technology of Cellulose Derivatives, pp. 156–160, MITXT press, Moscow, Russia, 1971.
- A. Kuppel, H. Bittiger, and E. Husemann, “Das faserdiagramm des Triacetylcellulose-Nitromethankomplexes,” Kolloid-Zeitschrift und Zeitschrift für Polymere, vol. 250, no. 6, pp. 623–624, 1972.
- P. Messien, “Cristallinite des acetates et triacetates de cellulose,” Bulletin de la Société Royale des Sciences de Liége, vol. 37, no. 9-10, pp. 445–454, 1968.
- A. B. Shipovskaya, G. N. Timofeeva, N. O. Gegel, and S. Yu. Shchegolev, “Phase separation and liquid-crystal state of cellulose triacetate in nitromethane,” Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 1222–1231, 2008.
- S. P. Papkov and V. G. Kulichikhin, Liquid Crystal State of Polymers, Khimiya press, Moscow, Russia, 1977.
- V. G. Kulichikhin and L. K. Golova, “Liquid crystalline state of cellulose and its derivatives,” Chemistry of Wood, vol. 5, pp. 9–27, 1985.
- V. V. Myasoyedova, S. Y. Belov, and G. A. Krestov, “Relations between rheological properties and phase transitions in non-aqueous solutions of cellulose triacetate and cellulose in the trifluoroacetic acid—1,2-dichloroethane mixture,” Vysokomolekulyarnye Soedineniya A, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1149–1152, 1987.
- B. Y. Yunusov, O. A. Khanchich, M. V. Shablygin, O. A. Nikitina, and A. T. Serkov, “Structural transformations at solidifying anisotropic solutions of cellulose acetates in trifluoroacetic acid,” Vysokomolekulyarnye Soedineniya B, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 292–294, 1983.
- G. H. Meeten and P. Navard, “Gel formation and liquid crystalline order in cellulose triacetate solutions,” Polymer, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 815–819, 1983.
- S. M. Aharoni, “Rigid backbone polymers—8. Effects of the nature of the solvent on the lyotropic mesomorphicity of cellulose acetate,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 237–241, 1980.
- G. N. Timofeeva and V. M. Averianova, “Studying kinetics phase division in student not forming system triacetate cellulose-nitrometan a rheological method,” Colloid Journal, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 393–397, 1980.
- A. B. Shipovskaya, S. L. Shmakov, and G. N. Timofeeva, “Phase processes and energetics of spontaneous change in the dimensions of acetate fibers in nitromethane vapors,” Polymer Science—Series A, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 509–519, 2006.
- A. B. Shipovskaya and G. N. Timofeeva, “New information concerning spontaneous elongation of acetate fibers,” Polymer Science—Series A, vol. 49, no. 11, pp. 1210–1217, 2007.
- A. B. Shipovskaya and G. N. Timofeeva, “Self-organizing a macropierkul of cellulose acetates under the influence of steams of mezofazogen solvents,” in Sinergetika v Estestvennykh Naukakh, N. O. Gegel and S. Yu. Shchyogolev, Eds., pp. 178–181, TverGU Press, Tver Cuty, Russia, 2008.
- S. Y. Frenkel, V. G. Baranov, B. M. Ginzburg, and G. K. Eliashevich, “Specific interactions polymer-solvent at crystallization and occurrence of a supramolecular order,” Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR, vol. 179, no. 5, pp. 1155–1158, 1968.
- H. Song, Y. Niu, Z. Wang, and J. Zhang, “Liquid crystalline phase and gel-sol transitions for concentrated microcrystalline cellulose (MCC)/1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium acetate (EMIMAc) solutions,” Biomacromolecules, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1087–1096, 2011.
- D. D. Grinshpan, T. A. Savitskaya, N. G. Tsygankova, et al., “Cellulose acetate sulfate as a lyotropic liquid crystalline polyelectrolyte: synthesis, properties, and application,” International Journal of Polymer Science, pp. 1–17, 2010.
- V. G. Kulichikhin, G. I. Kudryavtsev, and S. P. Papkov, “Rheological properties of liquid-crystalline polymer solutions,” International Journal of Polymeric Materials, vol. 9, no. 3-4, pp. 239–256, 1982.
- P. J. Flory, “Phase equilibria in solutions of rodlike particles,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 234, no. 1, pp. 60–72, 1956.
- S. P. Papkov, “About a mutual combination liquid, liquid crystal and crystal phase balance in connection with a problem of morphology of natural polymers,” Vysokomolekulyarnye Soedineniya A, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 1083–1089, 1984.
- S. Y. Frenkel, “Thermokinetics of formation of ordered structures in polymer solutions and gels,” Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 38, no. 1-2, pp. 117–149, 1974.
- A. Ciferri and W. R. Krigbaum, “Self-assembly of natural polymers via liquid crystalline phases,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, vol. 69, no. 3-4, pp. 273–280, 1981.
- W. Hu, D. Frenkel, and V. B. F. Mathot, “Lattice-model study of the thermodynamic interplay of polymer crystallization and liquid-liquid demixing,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 118, no. 22, pp. 10343–10348, 2003.
- A. Y. Grosberg and A. R. Khokhlov, Statistical Physics of Macromolecules, Nauka press, Moscow, Russia, 1989.