- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 568301, 5 pages
Synthesis and Properties of Polysilsesquioxanes Having Ethoxysulfonyl Group as a Side Chain
Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278-8510, Japan
Received 29 June 2012; Accepted 20 August 2012
Academic Editor: Yoshiro Kaneko
Copyright © 2012 Takahiro Gunji et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. J. D. Kalaw, Z. Yang, I. H. Musselman, D. J. Yang, K. J. Balkus, and J. P. Ferraris, “Novel polysilsesquioxane hybrid membranes for proton exchange membrane fuel cell (PEMFC) applications,” Separation Science and Technology, vol. 43, no. 16, pp. 3981–4008, 2008.
- T. Tezuka, K. Tadanaga, A. Hayashi, and M. Tatsumisago, “Proton-conductive inorganic-organic hybrid membrane prepared from 3-(2-aminoethylaminopropyl)triethoxysilane and sulfuric acid by the sol-gel method,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 156, no. 1, pp. B174–B177, 2009.
- M. Khiterer, D. A. Loy, C. J. Cornelius et al., “Hybrid poly electrolyte materials for fuel cell applications: design, synthesis, and evaluation of proton-conducting bridged polysilsesquioxanes,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 18, no. 16, pp. 3665–3673, 2006.
- K. Miyatake, T. Tombe, Y. Chikashige, H. Uchida, and M. Watanabe, “Enhanced proton conduction in polymer electrolyte membranes with acid-functionalized polysilsesquioxane,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 46, no. 35, pp. 6646–6649, 2007.
- C. S. Karthikeyan, S. P. Nunes, and K. Schulte, “Permeability and conductivity studies on Ionomer-polysilsesquioxane hybrid materials,” Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, vol. 207, no. 3, pp. 336–341, 2006.
- X. Li, Y. Song, M. Zhu, B. Liu, and Z. Jiang, “Preparation and properties of the POSS-containing composites as proton exchange membranes,” Gaodeng Xuexiao Huaxue Xuebao, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1670–1672, 2011.
- S. H. Pezzin, N. Stock, S. Shishatskiy, and S. P. Nunes, “Modification of proton conductive polymer membranes with phosphonated polysilsesquioxanes,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 325, no. 2, pp. 559–569, 2008.
- C. Chanthad, K. Xu, H. Huang, and Q. Wang, “Proton-conductive polymer nanocomposite membranes prepared from telechelic fluorinated polymers containing perfluorosulfonic acid side chains,” Journal of Polymer Science, Part A, vol. 48, no. 21, pp. 4800–4810, 2010.
- B. J. Liu, X. F. Li, M. M. Guo, C. Liu, L. Li, and Z. H. Jiang, “Synthesis and hybrid of a(4-phosphonic acid)phenylated poly(arylene ether sulfone),” Gaodeng Xuexiao Huaxue Xuebao, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 1081–1083, 2010.
- T. Gunji, Y. Suetaka, Y. Abe, S. Inagaki, and S. Fujita, “Synthesis of organic-inorganic hybrids from benzene-bridged polysiloxane,” Kobunshi Ronbunshu, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 416–420, 2008.
- T. Gunji, Y. Shigematsu, T. Kajiwara, and Y. Abe, “Preparation of free-standing films with sulfonyl group from 3-mercaptopropyl(trimethoxy)silane/1,2-bis(triethoxysilyl)ethane copolymer,” Polymer Journal, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 684–688, 2010.
- A. B. Claryton, US Patent, 4897144.