- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 984501, 6 pages
Sol-Gel Preparation of Highly Water-Dispersible Silsesquioxane/Zirconium Oxide Hybrid Nanoparticles
Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Kagoshima University, 1-21-40 Korimoto, Kagoshima 890-0065, Japan
Received 18 July 2012; Accepted 27 August 2012
Academic Editor: Kensuke Naka
Copyright © 2012 Yoshiro Kaneko and Tomoyuki Arake. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Lee, H. J. Shin, S. M. Yoon, D. K. Yi, J. Y. Choi, and U. Paik, “Refractive index engineering of transparent ZrO2-polydimethylsiloxane nanocomposites,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 15, pp. 1751–1755, 2008.
- T. Otsuka and Y. Chujo, “Preparation and characterization of poly(vinylpyrrolidone)/Zirconium oxide hybrids by using inorganic nanocrystals,” Polymer Journal, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 1157–1163, 2008.
- T. Otsuka and Y. Chujo, “Synthesis of transparent poly(vinylidene fluoride) (PVdF)/zirconium oxide hybrids without crystallization of PVdF chains,” Polymer, vol. 50, no. 14, pp. 3174–3181, 2009.
- M. Ochi, D. Nii, and M. Harada, “Effect of acetic acid content on in situ preparation of epoxy/zirconia hybrid materials,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 45, no. 22, pp. 6159–6165, 2010.
- Y. Hu, G. Gu, S. Zhou, and L. Wu, “Preparation and properties of transparent PMMA/ZrO2 nanocomposites using 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate as a coupling agent,” Polymer, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 122–129, 2011.
- M. Chatry, M. Henry, and J. Livage, “Synthesis of non-aggregated nanometric crystalline zirconia particles,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 517–522, 1994.
- J. Joo, T. Yu, Y. W. Kim et al., “Multigram scale synthesis and characterization of monodisperse tetragonal zirconia nanocrystals,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, no. 21, pp. 6553–6557, 2003.
- W. He, Z. Guo, Y. Pu, L. Yan, and W. Si, “Polymer coating on the surface of zirconia nanoparticles by inductively coupled plasma polymerization,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 896–898, 2004.
- Y. Kaneko, N. Iyi, K. Kurashima, T. Matsumoto, T. Fujita, and K. Kitamura, “Hexagonal-structured polysiloxane material prepared by sol-gel reaction of aminoalkyltrialkoxysilane without using surfactants,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 16, no. 18, pp. 3417–3423, 2004.
- Y. Kaneko, N. Iyi, T. Matsumoto, and K. Kitamura, “Synthesis of rodlike polysiloxane with hexagonal phase by sol-gel reaction of organotrialkoxysilane monomer containing two amino groups,” Polymer, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 1828–1833, 2005.
- Y. Kaneko and N. Iyi, “Sol-gel synthesis of rodlike polysilsesquioxanes forming regular higher-ordered nanostructure,” Zeitschrift für Kristallographie, vol. 222, no. 11, pp. 656–662, 2007.
- Y. Kaneko and N. Iyi, “Sol-gel synthesis of water-soluble polysilsesquloxanes with regular structures,” Kobunshi Ronbunshu, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 280–287, 2010.
- Y. Kaneko, M. Shoiriki, and T. Mizumo, “Preparation of cage-like octa(3-aminopropyl)silsesquioxane trifluoromethanesulfonate in higher yield with a shorter reaction time,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 29, pp. 14475–14478, 2012.
- Y. Kaneko, H. Toyodome, M. Shoiriki, and N. Iyi, “Preparation of ionic silsesquioxanes with regular structures and their hybridization,” International Journal of Polymer Science. In press.
- Y. Kaneko, N. Iyi, T. Matsumoto, and H. Usami, “Synthesis of water-soluble silicon oxide material by sol-gel reaction in tetraalkoxysilane-aminoalkyltrialkoxysilane binary system,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 2199–2204, 2005.
- Y. Kaneko, “Preparation of highly water-dispersible titanium-silicon binary oxide materials by sol-gel method,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 2458–2464, 2011.