- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 631848, 6 pages
Scientific Comparison of Different Online Heart Rate Monitoring Systems
1Institute of Public Health Research, Technical University of Munich, Connollystraße 32, 80809 Munich, Germany
2Fachgebiet für Trainingswissenschaftliche Diagnostik, Technische Universität München, Connollystraße 32, 80809 Munich, Germany
Received 22 February 2011; Accepted 12 May 2011
Academic Editor: Y. L. Hsu
Copyright © 2011 Martin Schönfelder et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Achten and A. E. Jeukendrup, “Heart rate monitoring: applications and limitations,” Sports Medicine, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 517–538, 2003.
- F. X. Gamelin, S. Berthoin, and L. Bosquet, “Validity of the polar S810 Heart rate monitor to measure R-R intervals at rest,” Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 887–893, 2006.
- M. Kingsley, M. J. Lewis, and R. E. Marson, “Comparison of Polar 810s and an ambulatory ECG system for RR interval measurement during progressive exercise,” International Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 39–44, 2005.
- H. Kinnunen and I. Heikkila, “The timing accuracy of the Polar Vantage NV heart rate monitor,” Journal of sports sciences, vol. 16, p. 107, 1998.
- L. Leger and M. Thivierge, “Heart rate monitors: validity, stability, and functionality,” Physician and Sportsmedicine, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 143–148, 1988.
- M. Thivierge and L. Leger, “The reliability of heart rate monitors,” Science and Sports, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 211–221, 1988.
- B. A. Lord and B. Parsell, “Measurement of pain in the prehospital setting using a visual analogue scale,” Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 353–358, 2003.