- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 391836, 8 pages
Altered Metabolic Profile in Congenital Lung Lesions Revealed by 1H Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
1Department of Medical and Biological Sciences, University of Udine, Piazzale M. Kolbe 4, 33100 Udine, Italy
2Department of the Mother and Child Health, Pediatric Surgery Unit, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Foundation Pavia and University of Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
3Department of the Mother and Child Health, Pediatric Unit, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Foundation Pavia and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
4Pediatric Surgery, Orthopaedics and Bioengineering Laboratory, Research Institute, Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
5Pediatric Surgery, Fetal Program, Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Received 11 November 2013; Accepted 17 December 2013; Published 29 January 2014
Academic Editors: T. Fossen and I. Zhukov
Copyright © 2014 Maria Chiara Mimmi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Warburton, M. Schwarz, D. Tefft, G. Flores-Delgado, K. D. Anderson, and W. V. Cardoso, “The molecular basis of lung morphogenesis,” Mechanisms of Development, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 55–81, 2000.
- T. Berrocal, C. Madrid, S. Novo, J. Gutiérrez, A. Arjonilla, and N. Gómez-León, “Congenital anomalies of the tracheobronchial tree, lung, and mediastinum: embryology, radiology, and pathology,” Radiographics, vol. 24, no. 1, article e17, 2004.
- O. Beckonert, H. C. Keun, T. M. D. Ebbels et al., “Metabolic profiling, metabolomic and metabonomic procedures for NMR spectroscopy of urine, plasma, serum and tissue extracts,” Nature Protocols, vol. 2, no. 11, pp. 2692–2703, 2007.
- W. Lu, B. D. Bennett, and J. D. Rabinowitz, “Analytical strategies for LC-MS-based targeted metabolomics,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 871, no. 2, pp. 236–242, 2008.
- T. W. M. Fan, A. N. Lane, R. M. Higashi et al., “Altered regulation of metabolic pathways in human lung cancer discerned by 13C stable isotope-resolved metabolomics (SIRM),” Molecular Cancer, vol. 8, article 41, 2009.
- K. Kami, T. Fujimori, H. Sato et al., “Metabolomic profiling of lung and prostate tumor tissues by capillary electrophoresis time-of-flight mass spectrometry,” Metabolomics, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 444–453, 2013.
- N. J. Serkova, Z. van Rheen, M. Tobias, J. E. Pitzer, J. E. Wilkinson, and K. A. Stringer, “Utility of magnetic resonance imaging and nuclear magnetic resonance-based metabolomics for quantification of inflammatory lung injury,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 295, no. 1, pp. L152–L161, 2008.
- L. J. I. Zimmermann, D. J. M. T. Janssen, D. Tibboel, A. Hamvas, and V. P. Carnielli, “Surfactant metabolism in the neonate,” Biology of the Neonate, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 296–307, 2005.
- A. Akella and S. B. Deshpande, “Pulmonary surfactants and their role in pathophysiology of lung disorders,” Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 5–22, 2013.
- C. Krafft, D. Codrich, G. Pelizzo, and V. Sergo, “Raman mapping and FTIR imaging of lung tissue: congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation,” Analyst, vol. 133, no. 3, pp. 361–371, 2008.
- K. Glunde, Z. M. Bhujwalla, and S. M. Ronen, “Choline metabolism in malignant transformation,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 835–848, 2011.
- M. C. Mimmi, P. Picotti, A. Corazza et al., “High-performance metabolic marker assessment in breast cancer tissue by mass spectrometry,” Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 317–324, 2011.
- L. Braunschweiler and R. R. Ernst, “Coherence transfer by isotropic mixing: application to proton correlation spectroscopy,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 521–528, 1983.
- A. Bax and D. G. Davis, “MLEV-17-based two-dimensional homonuclear magnetization transfer spectroscopy,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 355–360, 1985.
- D. I. Hoult, “Solvent peak saturation with single phase and quadrature fourier transformation,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 337–347, 1976.
- D. Morvan, A. Demidem, J. Papon, and J. C. Madelmont, “Quantitative HRMAS proton total correlation spectroscopy applied to cultured melanoma cells treated by chloroethyl nitrosourea: demonstration of phospholipid metabolism alterations,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 241–248, 2003.
- Y. Xu, Y. Wang, V. Besnard et al., “Transcriptional programs controlling perinatal lung maturation,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 8, Article ID e37046, 2012.
- V. Fanos, L. Atzori, K. Makarenko, G. B. Melis, and E. Ferrazzi, “Metabolomics application in maternal-fetal medicine,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, Article ID 720514, 9 pages, 2013.
- F. Podo, “Tumour phospholipid metabolism,” NMR in Biomedicine, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 413–439, 1999.