- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 528932, 13 pages
LMI-Based Sliding Mode Observers for Incipient Faults Detection in Nonlinear System
1College of Electrical and Information Engineering, Hunan University of Technology, Hunan, Zhuzhou 412008, China
2College of Mechatronic Engineering and Automation, National University of Defense Technology, Hunan, Changsha 410073, China
3Wind Power Department, CSR Zhuzhou Institute Co., Ltd., Hunan, Zhuzhou 412001, China
Received 26 August 2012; Accepted 11 November 2012
Academic Editor: Xinzhi Liu
Copyright © 2012 Chang-fan Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. H. Choi and K. S. Ro, “LMI-based sliding-mode observer design method,” IEE Proceedings: Control Theory and Applications, vol. 152, no. 1, pp. 113–115, 2005.
- W. T. Chen and M. Saif, “Actuator fault diagnosis for uncertain linear systems using a high-order sliding-mode robust differentiator (HOSMRD),” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 18, no. 4-5, pp. 413–426, 2008.
- W. T. Chen and M. Saif, “Actuator fault isolation and estimation for uncertain nonlinear systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 3, pp. 2560–2565, Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA, October 2005.
- B. Jiang, M. Staroswiecki, and V. Cocquempot, “Fault accommodation for nonlinear dynamic systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 1578–1583, 2006.
- K. Zhang, B. Jiang, and V. Cocquempot, “Adaptive observer-based fast fault estimation,” International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 320–326, 2008.
- R. Sreedhar, B. Ferandez, and G. Y. Masada, “Robust fault detection in nonlinear systems using sliding mode observers,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Control Applications, pp. 715–721, Vancouver, Canada, September 1993.
- B. Jiang, M. Staroswiecki, and V. Cocquempot, “Fault estimation in nonlinear uncertain systems using robust sliding-mode observers,” IEE Proceedings: Control Theory and Applications, vol. 151, no. 1, pp. 29–37, 2004.
- X. G. Yan and C. Edwards, “Robust sliding mode observer-based actuator fault detection and isolation for a class of nonlinear systems,” in Proceedings of the 44th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, and the European Control Conference (CDC-ECC'05), pp. 987–992, Seville, Spain, December 2005.
- W. Chen and F. N. Chowdhury, “Design of sliding mode observers with sensitivity to incipient faults,” in Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Conference on Control Applications (CCA'07), pp. 795–800, Singapore, October 2007.
- X. G. Yan, S. K. Spurgeon, and Y. Orlov, “Sliding mode observer based control for a class of nonlinear time delay systems with delayed uncertainties,” in Proceedings of the 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and European Control Conference (CDC-ECC'11), pp. 7611–7616, Orlando, Fla, USA, December 2011.
- X. R. Li, L. Y. Zhao, and G. Z. Zhao, “Adaptive synchronization of parameter uncertain chaotic systems,” Journal of Zhejiang University (Engineering Science), vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 1993–1997, 2005.
- L. Yu, Robust Control-Linear Matrix Inequality Processing Method, TsingHua University Press, Beijing, China, 2002.
- X. D. Zhang, T. Parisini, and M. M. Polycarpou, “Sensor bias fault isolation in a class of nonlinear systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 370–376, 2005.