- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 629350, 8 pages
Single-Channel Data Broadcasting under Small Waiting Latency
Department of Computer Science, National Taipei University of Education, Taipei 10671, Taiwan
Received 5 March 2013; Accepted 18 March 2013
Academic Editor: Pin-Han Ho
Copyright © 2013 Hsiang-Fu Yu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- TechNavio, “Global Video on Demand Market 2011–2015,” August 2012.
- Digital TV Research, “A sustained boom forecast for global online TV and video,” October 2012.
- J. Choi, A. S. Reaz, and B. Mukherjee, “A survey of user behavior in VoD service and bandwidth-saving multicast streaming schemes,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 156–169, 2012.
- K. Mayer-Patel and A. Jones, “StrandCast: peer-to-peer content distribution for latency tolerant applications,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Communication Systems and Networks, (COMSNETS '10), pp. 1–10, Bangalore, India, January 2010.
- L.-S. Juhn and L. M. Tseng, “Fast data broadcasting and receiving scheme for popular video service,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 100–105, 1998.
- Z.-Y. Yang, The telepresentation system over internet with latecomers support [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Central University, Taiwan, 2000.
- L.-S. Juhn and L.-M. Tseng, “Harmonic broadcasting for video-on-demand service,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 268–271, 1997.
- Y.-C. Tseng, M.-H. Yang, and C.-H. Chang, “A recursive frequency-splitting scheme for broadcasting hot videos in VOD service,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 1348–1355, 2002.
- H.-F. Yu, H.-C. Yang, and L.-M. Tseng, “Reverse Fast Broadcasting (RFB) for video-on-demand applications,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 103–111, 2007.
- H.-F. Yu, “Hybrid broadcasting with small buffer demand and waiting time for video-on-demand applications,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 304–311, 2008.
- Y. N. Chen and L. M. Tseng, “An efficient periodic broadcasting with small latency and buffer demand for near video on demand,” International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting, vol. 2012, Article ID 717538, 7 pages, 2012.
- J. F. Paris, “A fixed-delay broadcasting protocol for video-on-demand,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN '01), pp. 418–423, Scottsdale, Ariz, USA, October 2001.
- H. F. Yu, P. H. Ho, and H. C. Yang, “Generalized sequence-based and reverse sequence-based models for broadcasting hot videos,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 152–165, 2009.
- Z.-Y. Yang, Y.-M. Chen, and L.-M. Tseng, “A seamless broadcasting scheme with live video support,” International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting, vol. 2012, Article ID 373459, 8 pages, 2012.
- T. Yoshihisa, M. Tsukamoto, and S. Nishio, “A scheduling scheme for continuous media data broadcasting with a single channel,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2006.
- T. Yoshihisa, M. Tsukamoto, and S. Nishio, “A broadcasting scheme considering units to play continuous media data,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 628–635, 2007.
- Y. W. Chen and C. Y. Hsieh, “SingBroad: a scheduling scheme for broadcasting continuous multimedia data over a single channel,” Computer Networks, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 1546–1554, 2009.
- Y.-W. Chen and C.-Y. Chen, “PAS: a new scheduling scheme for broadcasting a video over a single channel,” IET Communications, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 951–960, 2011.
- B. S. Wu, C. C. Hsieh, and Y. W. Chen, “A reverse-order scheduling scheme for broadcasting continuous multimedia data over a single channel,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 721–728, 2011.