- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 868797, 9 pages
Is There Successful Aging for Nonagenarians? The Vitality 90+ Study
1Gerontology Research Center and School of Health Sciences, 33014 University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
2Finnish Cancer Registry, Institute of Statical and Epidemiological Cancer Research, Pieni Roobertinkatu 9, 00130 Helsinki, Finland
Received 23 March 2012; Revised 12 September 2012; Accepted 12 September 2012
Academic Editor: Loretta DiPietro
Copyright © 2012 Lily Nosraty et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ross Wilkie, Abdelouahid Tajar, and John McBeth, “The Onset of Widespread Musculoskeletal Pain Is Associated with a Decrease in Healthy Ageing in Older People: A Population-Based Prospective Study,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Raffaello Molino-Lova, Francesco Sofi, Guido Pasquini, Annamaria Gori, Federica Vannetti, Rosanna Abbate, Gian Franco Gensini, and Claudio Macchi, “The Mugello Study, a survey of nonagenarians living in Tuscany: Design, methods and participants' general characteristics,” European Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 745–749, 2013.
- Mireia Mora, Mateu Serra-Prat, Elisabet Palomera, and Manel Puig-Domingo, “Metabolic and hormonal contributors to survival in the participants of the Mataró Ageing Study at 8 years follow-up,” Clinical Endocrinology, 2014.
- Sonja Vestergaard, Karen Andersen-Ranberg, Axel Skytthe, Kaare Christensen, Jean-Marie Robine, and Bernard Jeune, “Health and function assessments in two adjacent Danish birth cohorts of centenarians: Impact of design and methodology,” European Journal of Ageing, 2015.
- Karen Siu-Lan Cheung, and Bobo Hi-Po Lau, “Successful aging among Chinese near-centenarians and centenarians in Hong Kong: a multidimensional and interdisciplinary approach,” Aging & Mental Health, pp. 1–13, 2015.
- Joseph Shiu Kwong Kwan, Bobo Hi Po Lau, and Karen Siu Lan Cheung, “Toward a Comprehensive Model of Frailty: An Emerging Concept From the Hong Kong Centenarian Study,” Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, 2015.
- Kirsi K. Rantanen, Timo E. Strandberg, Sari S. Stenholm, Arto Y. Strandberg, Kaisu H. Pitkälä, Veikko V. Salomaa, and Reijo S. Tilvis, “Clinical and laboratory characteristics of active and healthy aging (AHA) in octogenarian men,” Aging Clinical and Experimental Research, 2015.
- Lily Nosraty, Linda Enroth, Jani Raitanen, Antti Hervonen, and Marja Jylha, “Do Successful Agers Live Longer? The Vitality 90+Study,” Journal Of Aging And Health, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 35–53, 2015.
- Guglielmo Bonaccorsi, Francesca Santomauro, Chiara Lorini, Laura Indiani, Elettra Pellegrino, Guido Pasquini, Raffaele Molino-Lova, Francesco Epifani, and Claudio Macchi, “Risk of malnutrition in a sample of nonagenarians: specific vs classic bioelectrical impedance vector analysis,” Nutrition, 2015.
- M. Herr, J.J. Arvieu, J.M. Robine, and J. Ankri, “Health, frailty and disability after ninety: Results of an observational study in France,” Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, vol. 66, pp. 166–175, 2016.
- Gulistan Bahat, Asli Tufan, Fatih Tufan, Cihan Kilic, Timur Selçuk Akpinar, Murat Kose, Nilgun Erten, Mehmet Akif Karan, and Alfonso J. Cruz-Jentoft, “Reply-Letter to the Editor-Comment on “Cut-off points to identify sarcopenia according to European Working Group on Sarcopenia in Older People (EWGSOP) definition”,” Clinical Nutrition, 2016.