- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 948981, 14 pages
Potential Moderators of Physical Activity on Brain Health
1Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Sennott Square 3417, 210 S. Bouquet Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
2Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition, Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Sennott Square 3417, 210 S. Bouquet Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Received 29 June 2012; Revised 25 October 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Louis Bherer
Copyright © 2012 Regina L. Leckie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ondine van de Rest, Nikita L. van der Zwaluw, Michael Tieland, Jos J. Adam, Gert Jan Hiddink, Luc J.C. van Loon, and Lisette C.P.G.M. de Groot, “Effect of resistance-type exercise training with or without protein supplementation on cognitive functioning in frail and pre-frail elderly: Secondary analysis of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, 2013.
- Kirk I. Erickson, “Therapeutic Effects of Exercise on Cognitive Function,” Journal of The American Geriatrics Society, vol. 61, no. 11, pp. 2038–2039, 2013.
- Scott M. Hayes, Jasmeet P. Hayes, Mieke Verfaellie, and Margaret Cadden, “A review of cardiorespiratory fitness-related neuroplasticity in the aging brain,” Frontiers In Aging Neuroscience, vol. 5, 2013.
- Kirk I. Erickson, Regina L. Leckie, and Andrea M. Weinstein, “Physical activity, fitness, and gray matter volume,” Neurobiology of Aging, 2014.
- Mayara Chaves Faria, Gisele Santos Gonçalves, Natália Pessoa Rocha, Edgar Nunes Moraes, Maria Aparecida Bicalho, Marco Túlio Gualberto Cintra, Jonas Jardim de Paula, Luiz Felipe José Ravic de Miranda, Alessandro Clayton de Sousa Ferreira, Antônio Lúcio Teixeira, Karina Braga Gomes, Maria das Graças Carvalho, and Lirlândia P. Sousa, “Increased plasma levels OF BDNF and inflammatory markers in Alzheimer’s disease,” Journal of Psychiatric Research, 2014.
- Kirk I. Erickson, Lauren Oberlin, Swathi Gujral, Regina L. Leckie, Andrea M. Weinstein, Jennifer C. Hodzic, Asmaa Dabbagh, Patrick R. Whitmoyer, and Mariegold E. Wollam, “Exercise as a Way of Capitalizing on Neuroplasticity in Late Adulthood,” Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 8–14, 2014.
- Panagiotis D. Bamidis, Patrick Fissler, Sokratis G. Papageorgiou, Vasiliki Zilidou, Evdokimos I. Konstantinidis, Antonis S. Billis, Evangelia Romanopoulou, Maria Karagianni, Ion Beratis, Angeliki Tsapanou, Georgia Tsilikopoulou, Eirini Grigoriadou, Aristea Ladas, Athina Kyrillidou, Anthoula Tsolaki, Christos Frantzidis, Efstathios Sidiropoulos, Anastasios Siountas, Stavroula Matsi, John Papatriantafyllou, Eleni Margioti, Aspasia Nika, Winfried Schlee, Thomas Elbert, Magda Tsolaki, Ana B. Vivas, and Iris-Tatjana Kolassa, “Gains in cognition through combined cognitive and physical training: the role of training dosage and severity of neurocognitive disorder,” Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, vol. 7, 2015.
- Guohua Zheng, Wenji Zhou, Rui Xia, Jing Tao, and Lidian Chen, “Aerobic Exercises for Cognition Rehabilitation following Stroke: A Systematic Review,” Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, 2016.
- Mo-yi Li, Mao-mao Huang, Shu-zhen Li, Jing Tao, Guo-hua Zheng, and Li-dian Chen, “The effects of aerobic exercise on the structure and function of DMN-related brain regions: a systematic review,” International Journal of Neuroscience, pp. 1–16, 2016.
- Lara S.F. Carneiro, António Manuel Fonseca, Paula Serrão, Maria Paula Mota, José Vasconcelos-Raposo, and Maria Augusta Vieira-Coelho, “Impact of physical exercise on catechol-O-methyltransferase activity in depressive patients: A preliminary communication,” Journal of Affective Disorders, 2016.