- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 734509, 11 pages
Impact of Endothelial Microparticles on Coagulation, Inflammation, and Angiogenesis in Age-Related Vascular Diseases
1Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, 114 Doughty Street, STB, Charleston,
SC 29425, USA
2Department of Biology, College of Charleston, Rita Liddy Hollings Science Center, Charleston, SC 29424, USA
3Department of Radiology, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA
Received 1 April 2013; Accepted 4 September 2013
Academic Editor: Barbara Shukitt-Hale
Copyright © 2013 Margaret Markiewicz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [30 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Beatriz Marcos-Ramiro, Pedro Oliva Nacarino, Esther Serrano-Pertierra, Miguel Angel Blanco-Gelaz, Babette B. Weksler, Ignacio A. Romero, Pierre O. Couraud, Alberto Tunon, Carlos Lopez-Larrea, Jaime Millan, and Eva Cernuda-Morollon, “Microparticles in multiple sclerosis and clinically isolated syndrome: effect on endothelial barrier function,” Bmc Neuroscience, vol. 15, 2014.
- Melissa Cunningham, Natalia Marks, April Barnado, Jena R. Wirth, Gary Gilkeson, and Margaret Markiewicz, “Are Microparticles the Missing Link between Thrombosis and Autoimmune Diseases? Involvement in Selected Rheumatologic Diseases,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 675–681, 2014.
- Alexander E. Berezin, Alexander A. Kremzer, Tatyana A. Samura, Yulia V. Martovitskaya, Yaroslav V. Malinovskiy, Sergey V. Oleshko, and Tatyana A. Berezina, “Predictive value of apoptotic microparticles to mononuclear progenitor cells ratio in advanced chronic heart failure patients,” Journal of Cardiology, 2014.
- Alexander Jacob, and Jessy John Alexander, “Complement and blood–brain barrier integrity,” Molecular Immunology, 2014.
- Shuai-Shuai Hu, Hong-Gang Zhang, Qiu-Ju Zhang, and Rui-Juan Xiu, “CD144+EMPs/ CD62E+EMPs: A couple of new biomarker to monitor endothelial function in hypertension with hyperlipidemia involved,” International Journal of Cardiology, 2014.
- Alexander E. Berezin, Alexander A. Kremzer, Yulia V. Martovitskaya, Tatyana A. Samura, and Tatyana A. Berezina, “The predictive role of circulating microparticles in patients with chronic heart failure,” BBA Clinical, 2014.
- Stephanie M. Schindler, Jonathan P. Little, and Andis Klegeris, “Microparticles: A New Perspective in Central Nervous System Disorders,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–17, 2014.
- April K. Scruggs, Eugene A. Cioffi, Donna L. Cioffi, Judy A. C. King, and Natalie N. Bauer, “Lectin-Based Characterization of Vascular Cell Microparticle Glycocalyx,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 8, 2015.
- Alexander E. Berezin, Alexander A. Kremzer, Tatyana A. Berezina, and Yulia V. Martovitskaya, “Pattern of circulating microparticles in chronic heart failure patients with metabolic syndrome: Relevance to neurohumoral and inflammatory activation,” BBA Clinical, 2015.
- Antonella D’Ambrosio, Simona Pontecorvo, Tania Colasanti, Silvia Zamboni, Ada Francia, and Paola Margutti, “Peripheral Blood Biomarkers in Multiple Sclerosis,” Autoimmunity Reviews, 2015.
- Claudia M. Radu, Elena Campello, Luca Spiezia, Sonila Dhima, Silvia Visentin, Sabrina Gavasso, Barry Woodhams, Erich Cosmi, and Paolo Simioni, “Origin and levels of circulating microparticles in normal pregnancy: A longitudinal observation in healthy women,” Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation, vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 487–495, 2015.
- A. E. Berezin, A. A. Kremzer, T. A. Samura, T. A. Berezina, and P. Kruzliak, “Impaired immune phenotype of circulating endothelial-derived microparticles in patients with metabolic syndrome and diabetes mellitus,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, 2015.
- Alexander E. Berezin, and Alexander A. Kremzer, “Impaired phenotype of circulating endothelial microparticles in chronic heart failure patients: Relevance to body mass index,” Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews, 2015.
- Peter J. Barnes, “Mechanisms of development of multimorbidity in the elderly,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 790–806, 2015.
- Gretchen E. Tietjen, “Circulating microparticles in migraine with aura: Cause or consequence, a link to stroke,” Cephalalgia, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 85–87, 2015.
- Hind Hamzeh-Cognasse, Pauline Damien, Adrien Chabert, Bruno Pozzetto, Fabrice Cognasse, and Olivier Garraud, “Platelets and Infections â€“ Complex Interactions with Bacteria,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Gretchen E. Tietjen, and Jagdish Khubchandani, “Vascular biomarkers in migraine,” Cephalalgia, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 95–117, 2015.
- Alexander Berezin, Anthony Zulli, Steve Kerrigan, Daniel Petrovic, and Peter Kruzliak, “Predictive Role of Circulating Endothelial-derived Microparticles in Cardiovascular Diseases,” Clinical Biochemistry, 2015.
- Rui Song, Yuan I. Scarlet Chou, Jinge Kong, Jizhao Li, Bing Pan, Ming Cui, Enchen Zhou, Yongzhen Zhang, and Lemin Zheng, “Association of endothelial microparticle with NO, eNOS, ET-1, and fractional flow reserve in patients with coronary intermediate lesions,” Biomarkers, pp. 1–7, 2015.
- Kyriazoula Chatzianagnostou, Serena Del Turco, Alessandro Pingitore, Laura Sabatino, and Cristina Vassalle, “The Mediterranean Lifestyle as a Non-Pharmacological and Natural Antioxidant for Healthy Aging,” Antioxidants, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 719–736, 2015.
- Fabrice Cognasse, Hind Hamzeh-Cognasse, Sandrine Laradi, Ming-Li Chou, Jerard Seghatchian, Thierry Burnouf, Chantal Boulanger, Olivier Garraud, and Nicolas Amabile, “The role of microparticles in inflammation and transfusion: a concise review,” Transfusion and Apheresis Science, 2015.
- Michael Lichtenauer, Bjoern Goebel, Michael Fritzenwanger, Martin Förster, Stefan Betge, Alexander Lauten, Hans-Reiner Figulla, and Christian Jung, “Simulated temporary hypoxia triggers the release of CD31+/Annexin+ endothelial microparticles: A prospective pilot study in humans,” Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 83–90, 2015.
- Muyesai Nijiati, Yinghui Guo, Zulihumaer Abudureheman, Xiaolin Yu, and Guoqing Li, “Relationship between the Level of Circulating Endothelial Micro-Particles in the Blood and Blood Lipid Content in Uyghur and Han Patients with Acute C,” Clinical Laboratory, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 1071–1075, 2015.
- Alexander E. Berezin, Alexander A. Kremzer, Giovanni Cammarota, Anthony Zulli, Daniel Petrovic, Nieves Martell-Claros, Jan Sabo, and Peter Kruzliak, “Circulating endothelial-derived apoptotic microparticles and insulin resistance in non-diabetic patients with chronic heart failure,” Clinical Chemistry And Laboratory Medicine, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 1259–1267, 2016.
- P. Bambrick, W. S. Tan, R. Mulcahy, G. A. Pope, and J. Cooke, “Vascular risk assessment in older adults without a history of cardiovascular disease,” Experimental Gerontology, vol. 79, pp. 37–45, 2016.
- Qunwen Pan, Caixia He, Hua Liu, Xiaorong Liao, Bingyan Dai, Yanfang Chen, Yi Yang, Bin Zhao, Ji Bihl, and Xiaotang Ma, “Microvascular endothelial cells-derived microvesicles imply in ischemic stroke by modulating astrocyte and blood brain barrier function and cerebral blood flow,” Molecular Brain, vol. 9, no. 1, 2016.
- Liangliang Zhao, Yayan Bi, Junjie Kou, Jialan Shi, and Daxun Piao, “Phosphatidylserine exposing-platelets and microparticles promote procoagulant activity in colon cancer patients,” Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 35, no. 1, 2016.
- Alexander E. Berezin, Alexander A. Kremzer, Tatyana A. Berezina, and Yu V. Martovitskaya, “The pattern of circulating microparticles in patients with diabetes mellitus with asymptomatic atherosclerosis,” Acta Clinica Belgica, pp. 1–8, 2016.
- Eleonore Froehlich, “Action of Nanoparticles on Platelet Activation and Plasmatic Coagulation,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 408–430, 2016.
- Fan Deng, Shuang Wang, and Liangqing Zhang, “Endothelial Microparticles Act as Novel Diagnostic and Therapeutic Biomarkers of Diabetes and Its Complications: A Literature Review,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2016, pp. 1–8, 2016.