- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 920324, 10 pages
Physical Mistreatment in Persons with Alzheimer’s Disease
1The Harrell Center for The Study of Family Violence, Department of Community and Family Health, College of Public Health, University of South Florida, 13301 Bruce B. Downs Boulevard, MDC 56, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
2School of Health and Human Services, Southern Connecticut State University, 501 Crescent Street, Lang House, New Haven, CT 06515, USA
3Department of Community and Family Health, College of Public Health, University of South Florida, 13301 Bruce B. Downs Boulevard, MDC 56, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
4Department of Global Health, College of Public Health, University of South Florida, 13301 Bruce B. Downs Boulevard, MDC 56, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Received 13 September 2012; Accepted 28 October 2012
Academic Editor: Karl Rosengren
Copyright © 2013 Carla VandeWeerd et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Tracy C. Wharton, and Bryan K. Ford, “What Is Known About Dementia Care Recipient Violence and Aggression Against Caregivers?,” Journal of Gerontological Social Work, pp. 140304085902009, 2014.
- Pamela Tronetti, “Evaluating Abuse in the Patient with Dementia,” Clinics in Geriatric Medicine, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 825–838, 2014.
- Sofia Lalanda Frazao, Marilia Santos Silva, Pedro Norton, and Teresa Magalhaes, “Domestic violence against elderly with disability,” Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine, vol. 28, pp. 19–24, 2014.
- Xin Qi Dong, “Elder Abuse: Systematic Review and Implications for Practice,” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 1214–1238, 2015.
- Vasiliki Orgeta, and Phuong Leung, “Personality and dementia caring,” Current Opinion in Psychiatry, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 57–65, 2015.
- Tracy Wharton, Daniel Paulson, Lisa Macri, and Leslie Dubin, “Delirium and mental health history as predictors of aggression in individuals with dementia in inpatient settings,” Aging & Mental Health, pp. 1–8, 2016.
- Fang Boye, and Elsie Yan, “Abuse of Older Persons With Dementia,” Trauma, Violence, & Abuse, pp. 152483801665018, 2016.
- Maria Gabriella Melchiorre, Mirko Di Rosa, Francesco Barbabella, Norma Barbini, Fabrizia Lattanzio, and Carlos Chiatti, “Validation of the Italian Version of the Caregiver Abuse Screen among Family Caregivers of Older People with Alzheimer’s Disease,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2017, pp. 1–15, 2017.