- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Cancer Epidemiology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 754815, 13 pages
Body Fat and Breast Cancer Risk in Postmenopausal Women: A Longitudinal Study
1Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
2Karmanos Cancer Center, Department of Surgery, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
3Department of Social Sciences and Health Policy, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC 27157, USA
4Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
5Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
6Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
7Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC 27127, USA
Received 19 February 2013; Revised 14 March 2013; Accepted 14 March 2013
Academic Editor: P. Vineis
Copyright © 2013 Thomas E. Rohan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Geoffrey C. Kabat, Moonseong Heo, Jean Wactawski-Wende, Catherine Messina, Cynthia A. Thomson, Sylvia Wassertheil-Smoller, and Thomas E. Rohan, “Body fat and risk of colorectal cancer among postmenopausal women,” Cancer Causes & Control, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1197–1205, 2013.
- Mia M. Gaudet, Brian D. Carter, Alpa V. Patel, Lauren R. Teras, Eric J. Jacobs, and Susan M. Gapstur, “Waist circumference, body mass index, and postmenopausal breast cancer incidence in the Cancer Prevention Study-II Nutrition Cohort,” Cancer Causes & Control, 2014.
- Silvia Toni, Riccardo Morandi, Marcello Busacchi, Lucia Tardini, Luciano Merlini, Nino Carlo Battistini, and Massimo Pellegrini, “Nutritional Status Evaluation in Patients Affected by Bethlem Myopathy and Ullrich Congenital Muscular Dystrophy,” Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, vol. 6, 2014.
- Sarah Cowen, Sarah McLaughlin, Gerald Hobbs, James Coad, Karen Martin, I. Olfert, and Linda Vona-Davis, “High-Fat, High-Calorie Diet Enhances Mammary Carcinogenesis and Local Inflammation in MMTV-PyMT Mouse Model of Breast Cancer,” Cancers, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 1125–1142, 2015.
- F.R. James, S. Wootton, A. Jackson, M. Wiseman, E.R. Copson, and R.I. Cutress, “Obesity in breast cancer – What is the risk factor?,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 705–720, 2015.
- Moonseong Heo, Geoffrey C. Kabat, Howard D. Strickler, Juan Lin, Lifang Hou, Marcia L. Stefanick, Garnet L. Anderson, and Thomas E. Rohan, “Optimal Cutoffs of Obesity Measures in Relation to Cancer Risk in Postmenopausal Women in the Women's Health Initiative Study,” Journal of Women's Health, pp. 150114075717002, 2015.
- Esther M. John, Meera Sangaramoorthy, Lisa M. Hines, Mariana C. Stern, Kathy B. Baumgartner, Anna R. Giuliano, Roger K. Wolff, and Martha L. Slattery, “Body Size Throughout Adult Life Influences Postmenopausal Breast Cancer Risk among Hispanic Women: The Breast Cancer Health Disparities Study,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 128–137, 2015.
- Jin Kim, Yoon Hee Lee, Jung Han Yoon Park, and Mi-Kyung Sung, “Estrogen deprivation and excess energy supply accelerate 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene-induced mammary tumor growth in C3H/HeN mice,” Nutrition Research and Practice, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 628, 2015.
- Iris Corbasson, Susan E. Hankinson, Edward J. Stanek, and Katherine W. Reeves, “Urinary bisphenol-A, phthalate metabolites and body composition in US adults, NHANES 1999–2006,” International Journal of Environmental Health Research, pp. 1–12, 2016.
- G. -C. Chen, S. -J. Chen, R. Zhang, K. Hidayat, J. -B. Qin, Y. -S. Zhang, and L. -Q. Qin, “Central obesity and risks of pre- and postmenopausal breast cancer: a dose-response meta-analysis of prospective studies,” Obesity Reviews, 2016.
- Renata Pacholczak, Wieslawa Klimek-Piotrowska, and Piotr Kuszmiersz, “Associations of anthropometric measures on breast cancer risk in pre- and postmenopausal women-a case-control study,” Journal Of Physiological Anthropology, vol. 35, 2016.
- Nada Assi, Aurelie Moskal, Nadia Slimani, Vivian Viallon, Veronique Chajes, Heinz Freisling, Stefano Monni, Sven Knueppel, Jana Foerster, Elisabete Weiderpass, Leila Lujan-Barroso, Pilar Amiano, Eva Ardanaz, Esther Molina-Montes, Diego Salmeron, Jose Ramon Quiros, Anja Olsen, Anne Tjonneland, Christina C. Dahm, Kim Overvad, Laure Dossus, Agnes Fournier, Laura Baglietto, Renee Turzanski Fortner, Rudolf Kaaks, Antonia Trichopoulou, Christina Bamia, Philippos Orfanos, Maria Santucci De Magistris, Giovanna Masala, Claudia Agnoli, Fulvio Ricceri, Rosario Tumino, H. Bas Bueno de Mesquita, Marije F. Bakker, Petra H. M. Peeters, Guri Skeie, Tonje Braaten, Anna Winkvist, Ingegerd Johansson, Kay-Tee Khaw, Nicholas J. Wareham, Tim Key, Ruth Travis, Julie A. Schmidt, Melissa A. Merritt, Elio Riboli, Isabelle Romieu, and Pietro Ferrari, “A treelet transform analysis to relate nutrient patterns to the risk of hormonal receptor-defined breast cancer in the European Prospective Investigat,” Public Health Nutrition, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 242–254, 2016.