- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 913406, 5 pages
Antioxidant, Anti-Inflammatory, and Cytotoxic Activities of Garcinia nervosa (Clusiaceae)
School of Chemistry and Environmental Studies, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Jalan Meranek, 94300 Kota Samarahan, Sarawak, Malaysia
Received 28 June 2012; Revised 25 September 2012; Accepted 1 October 2012
Academic Editor: Filomena Conforti
Copyright © 2013 N. M. U. Seruji et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. K. Jayaprakasha, P. S. Negi, and B. S. Jena, “Antioxidative and antimutagenic activities of the extracts from the rinds of Garcinia pedunculata,” Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 246–250, 2006.
- G. Gopalakrishnan, B. Banumathi, and G. Suresh, “Evaluation of the antifungal activity of natural xanthones from Garcinia mangostana and their synthetic derivatives,” Journal of Natural Products, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 519–524, 1997.
- P. Williams, M. Ongsakul, J. Proudfoot, K. Croft, and L. Beilin, “Mangostin inhibits the oxidative modification of human low density lipoprotein,” Free Radical Research, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 175–184, 1995.
- L. G. Chen, L. L. Yang, and C. C. Wang, “Anti-inflammatory activity of mangostins from Garcinia mangostana,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 688–693, 2008.
- S. Deachathai, W. Mahabusarakam, S. Phongpaichit, and W. C. Taylor, “Phenolic compounds from the fruit of Garcinia dulcis,” Phytochemistry, vol. 66, no. 19, pp. 2368–2375, 2005.
- H. A. Jung, B. N. Su, W. J. Keller, R. G. Mehta, and A. D. Kinghorn, “Antioxidant xanthones from the pericarp of Garcinia mangostana (Mangosteen),” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 2077–2082, 2006.
- Q. B. Han, N. Y. Yang, H. L. Tian et al., “Xanthones with growth inhibition against HeLa cells from Garcinia xipshuanbannaensis,” Phytochemistry, vol. 69, no. 11, pp. 2187–2192, 2008.
- D. Permana, N. H. Lajis, M. M. Mackeen et al., “Isolation and bioactivities of constitutents of the roots of Garcinia atroviridis,” Journal of Natural Products, vol. 64, no. 7, pp. 976–979, 2001.
- K. A. Shadid, K. Shaari, F. Abas et al., “Cytotoxic caged-polyprenylated xanthonoids and a xanthone from Garcinia cantleyana,” Phytochemistry, vol. 68, no. 20, pp. 2537–2544, 2007.
- B. Elya, H. P. He, S. Kosela, M. Hanafi, and X. J. Hao, “A new cytotoxic xanthone from Garcinia rigida,” Fitoterapia, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 182–184, 2008.
- M. L. Jabit, R. Khalid, F. Abas et al., “Cytotoxic xanthones from Garcinia penangiana pierre,” Journal of Biosciences, vol. 62, no. 11-12, pp. 786–792, 2007.
- H. D. Nguyen, B. T. D. Trinh, and L. H. D. Nguyen, “Guttiferones Q-S, cytotoxic polyisoprenylated benzophenones from the pericarp of Garcinia cochinchinensis,” Phytochemistry Letters, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 129–133, 2011.
- F. Ismail, Learning from Indigeneous People [Electronic Version], ARBEC, 2001.
- K. Y. Pin, A. L. Chuah, A. A. Rashih et al., “Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of extracts of betel leaves (Piper betle) from solvents with different polarities,” Journal of Tropical Forest Science, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 448–455, 2010.
- Azhar-Ul-Haq, A. Malik, I. Anis et al., “Enzymes inhibiting lignans from Vitex negundo,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 1269–1272, 2004.
- S. K. Ling, T. Tanaka, and I. Kouno, “Effects of iridoids on lipoxygenase and hyaluronidase activities and their activation by β-glucosidase in the presence of amino acids,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 352–356, 2003.
- T. Noro, T. Miyase, and M. Kuroyanagi, “Monoamine oxidase inhibitor from the rhizomes of Kaempferia galanga L.,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 2708–2711, 1983.