- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Control Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 684610, 21 pages
Model-Based Fault Detection and Isolation of a Liquid-Cooled Frequency Converter on a Wind Turbine
1Innovation Center, KK-Electronic a/s, Bøgildvej 3, 7430 Ikast, Denmark
2Section of Automation and Control, Department of Electronic Systems, Aalborg University, Fredrik Bajers Vej 7C, 9220 Aalborg, Denmark
Received 11 April 2011; Revised 20 November 2011; Accepted 1 December 2011
Academic Editor: Ricardo Dunia
Copyright © 2012 Peng Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “Global wind 2009 report,” Tech. Rep., Global Wind Energy Council, 2010, http://www.gwec.net.
- X. Wei, M. Verhaegen, and T. van den Engelen, “Sensor fault diagnosis of wind turbines for fault tolerant,” in Proceedings of the 17th World Congress The International Federation of Automatic Control, vol. 17, pp. 3222–3227, IFAC, Seoul, South Korea, 2008.
- P. F. Odgaard, J. Stoustrup, R. Nielsen, and C. Damgaard, “Observer based detection of sensor faults in wind turbines,” in Proceedings of the European Wind Energy Conference (EWEA'09), Marseille, France, 2009.
- P. F. Odgaard, J. Stoustrup, and M. Kinnaert, “Fault tolerant control of wind turbines—a benchmark model,” in Proceedings of the 7th IFAC Symposium on Fault Detection, Supervision and Safety of Technical Processes, pp. 155–160, Barcelona, Spain, 2009.
- K. Rothenhagen and F. W. Fuchs, “Current sensor fault detection and reconfiguration for a doubly fed induction generator,” in Proceedings of the 38th Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference (PESC'07), F. W. Fuchs, Ed., pp. 2732–2738, Orlando, Fla, USA, June 2007.
- K. Rothenhagen, S. Thomsen, and F. W. Fuchs, “Voltage sensor fault detection and reconfiguration for a doubly fed induction generator,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Diagnostics for Electric Machines, Power Electronics and Drives, (SDEMPED'07), S. Thomsen, Ed., pp. 377–382, Cracow, Poland, 2007.
- S. Karimi, A. Gaillard, P. Poure, and S. Saadate, “FPGA-based real-time power converter failure diagnosis for wind energy conversion systems,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 4299–4308, 2008.
- P. Poure, P. Weber, D. Theilliol, and S. Saadate, “Fault-tolerant power electronic converters: reliability analysis of active power filter,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE '07), pp. 3174–3179, Vigo, Spain, June 2007.
- B. Rodrigo, N. Felipe, C. Aldo, and P. Rodrigo, “Expert fault detection and diagnosis for the refrigeration process of a hydraulic power plant,” in Proceedings of the 27th Chinese Control Conference (CCC'08), pp. 122–126, Yunnan, China, 2008.
- A. Wichman and J. E. Braun, “Fault detection and diagnostics for commercial coolers and freezers,” HVAC and R Research, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 77–99, 2009.
- H. T. Grimmelius, J. Klein Woud, and G. Been, “On-line failure diagnosis for compression refrigeration plants,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 31–41, 1995.
- S. Wang and J. Cui, “Sensor-fault detection, diagnosis and estimation for centrifugal chiller systems using principal-component analysis method,” Applied Energy, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 197–213, 2005.
- J. Cui and S. Wang, “A model-based online fault detection and diagnosis strategy for centrifugal chiller systems,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 44, no. 10, pp. 986–999, 2005.
- P. M. Frank, “Fault diagnosis in dynamic systems using analytical and knowledge-based redundancy. A survey and some new results,” Automatica, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 459–474, 1990.
- R. J. Patton, “Fault detection and diagnosis in aerospace systems using analytical redudency,” IEE Comnputing & Control Engineering Journal, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 127–136, 1990.
- R. J. Patton, P. M. Frank, and R. N. Clark, Fault Diagnosis in Dynamic System Theory and Application, Prentice Hall, 1989.
- R. J. Patton and J. Chen, “A review of parity space approaches to fault diagnosis,” in Proceedings of the IFAC/IMACS Symposium (SAFEPROCESS’91), pp. 239–255, 1991.
- J. Gertler, “Analytical redudency methods in failure detection and isolation,” in Proceedings of the IFAC/IMACS Symposium (SAFEPROCESS’91), pp. 9–21, 1991.
- R. Isermann, Fault-Diagnosis Systems—An Introduction from Fault Detection to Fault Tolerance, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2006.
- S. X. Ding, Model-Based Fault Diagnosis Techniques: Design Schemes, Algorithms and Tools, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- P. M. Frank and J. Wünnenberg, Fault Diagnosis in Dynamic System Theory and Application, Prentice-Hall, 1989.
- J. Chen and H. Zhang, “Robust detection of faulty actuators via unknown input observers,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1829–1839, 1991.
- R. J. Patton, J. Chen, and H. Y Zhang, “Modelling methods for improving robustness in fault diagnosis of jet engine system,” in Proceedings of the 31st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 2330–2335, Tuscon, Tex, USA, 1992.
- R. J. Patton, H. Y. Zhang, and J. Chen, “Modelling of uncertainties for robust fault diagnosis,” in Proceedings of the 31st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 921–926, Tuscon, Tex, USA, 1992.
- J. Chen and R. J. Patton, “Optimal filtering and robust fault diagnosis of stochastic systems with unknown disturbances,” Control Theory and Applications, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 31–36, 1996.
- Y. Cengel and R. Turner, Fundamentals of Thermal-Fluid Sciences, McGraw-Hill, 2008.
- B. W. Bequette, Process Control: Modeling, Design, and Simulation, Prentice-Hall, 1st edition, 2003.
- G. F. Franklin, J. D. Powell, and M. L. Workman, Digital Control of Dynamic Systems, Addison Wesley, 3rd edition, 1997.
- M. Knudsen, “Experimental modelling of dynamic systems,” Tech. Rep., Department of Control Engineering, Aalborg University, 2004, http://www.control.aau.dk/~mk/ExpMod/Publicdoc/LectureNote02pdf.pdf.
- M. Blanke, “Consistent design of dependable control systems,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 1305–1312, 1996.
- R. Izadi-Zamanabadi and J. A. Larsen, “A fault tolerant control supervisory system development procedure for small satellites—the AAUSAT-II case,” in Proceedings of the 17th IFAC Symposium on Automatic Control in Aerospace, vol. 17, pp. 289–294, Toulouse, France, 2007.
- W. G. Ireson, C. F. Coombs, and R. Y. Moss, Eds., Handbook of Reliability Engineering and Management, McGraw-Hill, 1996.
- J. Ribrant, Reliability performance and maintenance—a survey of failures in wind power systems, M.S. thesis, KTH School of Electrical Engineering, 2006, https://eeweb01.ee. kth.se/upload/publications/reports/2006/XR-EE-EEK_2006_009.pdf.
- DOWEC, “Estimation of turbine reliability figures within the dowec project,” Tech. Rep., Energy research Centre of the Netherlands, 2002, http://www.ecn.nl/fileadmin/ecn/units/wind/docs/dowec/10048_004.pdf.
- P. F. Odgaard and B. Mataji, “Observer-based fault detection and moisture estimating in coal mills,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 909–921, 2008.
- S. L. Campbell and R. Nikoukhah, Auxiliary Signal Design for Failure Detection, Princeton University, 2004.
- M. Basseville, “Model-based statistical signal processing and decision theoreic approaches to monitoring,” in Proceedings of the 5th IFAC Symposium om Fault Detection, Supervision and Safety of Technical Process, pp. 1–12, Washington, DC, USA, 2003.
- M. Basseville and I. V. Nikiforov, Detection of Abrupt Changes—Theory and Application, Prentice-Hall, 1993.
- S. W. Roberts, “A comparison of some control chart procedures,” Technometrics, vol. 8, pp. 411–430, 1966.
- B. Basseville, M. Espiau, and J. Gasnier, “EDGE detection using sequential methods for change in level -part i: a sequential edge detection algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. ASSP-29, no. 1, pp. 24–31, 1981.
- H. Hammouri, M. Kinnaert, and E. H. El Yaagoubi, “Observer-based approach to fault detection and isolation for nonlinear systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 44, no. 10, pp. 1879–1884, 1999.
- C. De Persis and A. Isidori, “A geometric approach to nonlinear fault detection and isolation,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 853–865, 2001.