- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Experimental Diabetes Research
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 289614, 10 pages
Creating a Long-Term Diabetic Rabbit Model
1Department of Surgery, University of Louisville, MDR 316, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
2Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
3Research Resources Facilities and Cardiovascular Innovation Institute, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Received 26 March 2010; Revised 25 August 2010; Accepted 23 November 2010
Academic Editor: Bernard Portha
Copyright © 2010 Jianpu Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Aileen JF King, “The use of animal models in diabetes research,” British Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 166, no. 3, pp. 877–894, 2012.
- Satarupa Acharjee, Bijaya Ghosh, Bandar E. Al-Dhubiab, and Anroop B. Nair, “Understanding Type 1 Diabetes: Etiology and Models,” Canadian Journal of Diabetes, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 269–276, 2013.
- Seung-Hee Lee, Ron Piran, Ehud Keinan, Anthony Pinkerton, and Fred Levine, “Induction of β-Cell Replication by a Synthetic HNF4α Antagonist,” Stem Cells, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 2396–2407, 2013.
- Jea-Beom Park, Eun-Young Kim, Janghyun Paek, Yoon-Ah Kook, Do-Min Jeong, Il-Sik Cho, and Gerald Nelson, “Primary Stability of Self-Drilling and Self-Tapping Mini-Implant in Tibia of Diabetes-Induced Rabbits,” International Journal of Dentistry, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Robert J. Soto, and Mark H. Schoenfisch, “Preclinical Performance Evaluation of Percutaneous Glucose Biosensors,” Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 978–984, 2015.
- K.B. King, and A.K. Rosenthal, “The adverse effects of diabetes on osteoarthritis: update on clinical evidence and molecular mechanisms,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2015.
- Andrea Díaz-Roa, María A. Gaona, Nidya A. Segura, Alejandro Ramírez-Hernández, Jesús A. Cortés-Vecino, Manuel A. Patarroyo, and Felio Bello, “Evaluating Sarconesiopsis magellanica blowfly-derived larval therapy and comparing it to Lucilia sericata-derived therapy in an animal model,” Acta Tropica, 2015.
- Jennifher Góngora, Andrea Díaz-Roa, Alejandro Ramírez-Hernández, Jesús A. Cortés-Vecino, María A. Gaona, Manuel A. Patarroyo, and Felio Bello, “ Evaluating the Effect of Sarconesiopsis magellanica (Diptera: Calliphoridae) Larvae-Derived Haemolymph and Fat Body Extracts on Chronic Wounds in Diabetic Rabbits ,” Journal of Diabetes Research, vol. 2015, pp. 1–10, 2015.
- Tetiana V. Talaieva, and Victor V. Bratus, “Proteolytic Enzyme Combination Reduces Inflammation and Oxidative Stress and Improves Insulin Sensitivity in a Model of Metabolic Syndrome,” Advances in Enzyme Research, vol. 03, no. 01, pp. 1–8, 2015.
- Bhagwat V. Alapure, Yan Lu, Hongying Peng, and Song Hong, “Surgical Denervation of Specific Cutaneous Nerves Impedes Excisional Wound Healing of Small Animal Ear Pinnae,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2017.
- Young-Seok Park, “Novel route of insulin delivery using an implant-mediated drug delivery system,” Drug Delivery and Translational Research, 2017.
- Behnoush Khorsand, Nate Nicholson, Anh-Vu Do, John E. Femino, James A. Martin, Emily Petersen, Brian Guetschow, Douglas C. Fredericks, and Aliasger K. Salem, “Regeneration of bone using nanoplex delivery of FGF-2 and BMP-2 genes in diaphyseal long bone radial defects in a diabetic rabbit model,” Journal of Controlled Release, 2017.