- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 909540, 7 pages
On the Reusage of Primary Radio Resources through the Exploitation of the Spatiotemporal Robustness of the MIMO Transmissions
Signal Theory and Communications Department, Technical University of Catalonia, Barcelona Tech, Building D4 Campus Nord, Jordi Girona 31, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Received 8 June 2012; Accepted 14 August 2012
Academic Editor: Ghazanfar Ali Safdar
Copyright © 2012 G. A. Medina-Acosta and José A. Delgado-Penín. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Y. Lee, and K. R. Chowdhury, “CRAHNs: cognitive radio ad hoc networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 810–836, 2009.
- S. Haykin, “Cognitive radio: brain-empowered wireless communications,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 201–220, 2005.
- D. Cabric, “Addressing the feasibility of cognitive radios: using testbed implementation and experiments for exploration and demonstration,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 85–93, 2008.
- T. Yücek and H. Arslan, “A survey of spectrum sensing algorithms for cognitive radio applications,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 116–130, 2009.
- A. Ghasemi and E. S. Sousa, “Spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks: requirements, challenges and design trade-offs,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 32–39, 2008.
- Q. Zhao and B. M. Sadler, “A survey of dynamic spectrum access,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 79–89, 2007.
- L. Zheng and D. N. C. Tse, “Diversity and multiplexing: a fundamental tradeoff in multiple-antenna channels,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 1073–1096, 2003.
- S. Sanayei and A. Nosratinia, “Antenna selection in MIMO systems,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 68–73, 2004.
- D. Gesbert and J. Akhtar, “Breaking the barriers of Shannon’s capacity: an overview of MIMO wireless systems,” Telektronikk, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 53–64, 2002.
- H. Holma and A. Toskala, LTE For UMTS OFDMA and SC-FDMA Based Radio Acces, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 2009.
- H. G. Myung, “Introduction to Single Carrier FDMA,” in Proceedings of the 15th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO '07), Poznan, Poland, September 2007.
- H. G. Myung, Single carrier orthogonal multiple access technique for broadband wireless communications [Ph.D. dissertation], Department of Electrical and Computer, Polytechnic University, Brooklyn, NY, USA, 2007.
- G. Berardinelli, T. B. Sørensen, P. Mogensen, and K. Pajukoski, “SVD-based vs. Release 8 codebooks for single user MIMO LTE-A uplink,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 71st Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '10), pp. 1–5, May 2010.
- P. Wang, “LTE Physical Layer Overview,” 2011, http://www-ee.uta.edu/Online/PWang/ee5368/Spring2011/Review%20_2_LTE%20Physical%20Layer%20Overview_01162011.pdf.
- G. Burel, “Statistical analysis of the smallest singular value in MIMO transmission system,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Signal, Speech, and Image Processing (WSEAS '02), Skiathos Island, Greece, September 2002.
- E. Castillo, Extreme Value Theory in Engineering, Academic Press, 1998.
- 3GPP TS 36.101 V9.4.0, “User Equipment (UE) radio transmission and reception,” 2010.
- 3GPP TR 25.814 V7.1.0, “Physical Layer aspects for evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (UTRA),” 2006.
- 3GPP TS 36.211 V9.1.0, “Physical Channels and Modulation,” 2010.
- 3GPP TR 25.943 V9.0.0, “Technical Specification Group Radio Access Network: Deployment aspects,” 2009.
- Z. Chen, C.-X. Wang, X. Hong, et al., “Interference Mitigation for cognitive radio MIMO systems based on practical precoding,” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.4155v1.
- K. Hamdi, W. Zhang, and K. B. Letaief, “Opportunistic spectrum sharing in cognitive MIMO wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 4098–4109, 2009.
- R. Zhang and Y. C. Liang, “Exploiting multi-antennas for opportunistic spectrum sharing in cognitive radio networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Signal Processing, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 88–102, 2008.
- H. Huang, Z. Zhang, P. Cheng, G. Yu, and O. Qui, “Throughput analysis of cognitive MIMO system,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Cross Layer Design (IWCLD '07), Jinan, China, September2007.