Research Article | Open Access
Real Time Medical Image Consultation System Through Internet
Teleconsultation among doctors using a telemedicine system typically involves dealing with and sharing medical images of the patients. This paper describes a software tool written in Java which enables the participating doctors to view medical images such as blood slides, X-Ray, USG, ECG etc. online and even allows them to mark and/or zoom specific areas. It is a multi-party secure image communication system tool that can be used by doctors and medical consultants over the Internet.
- W. Cai, D. D. Feng, and R. Fulton, “Web-based digital medical images,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 44–47, 2001.
- J.-S. Lee, C.-T. Tsai, C.-H. Pen, and H.-C. Lu, “A real time collaboration system for teleradiology consultation,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 72, no. 7, pp. 73–79, December 2003.
- L. Ling, Y. Dezhong, L. Jianqing, L. Bin, and W. Ling, “A multimedia telemedicine system,” in Proceedings of Engineering in Medicine and Biology 27th Annual Conference, pp. 3746–3748, Shanghai, China, 2005.
- S. K. Yoo, K. M. Kim, S. M. Jung, K. J. Lee, and N. H. Kim, “Design of multimedia telemedicine system for inter-hospital consultation,” in Proceedings of the 26th Annual International Conference of the IEEE EMBS, pp. 3109–3111, San Francisco, CA, USA, 2004.
- H. Huang, Ed., PACS: Basic Principles and Applications, Wiley-Liss Publisher, New York, 1999.
- A. K. Maji, A. Mukhoty, A. K. Majumdar et al., “Security analysis and implementation of web-based tele-medicine services with a four-tier architecture,” in In- ternational Workshop on Connectivity, Mobility and Patients' Comfort (CMPC), pp. 46–54, IEEE Computer Soceity Press, Tampere, Finland, 2008.
- A. K. Maji, A. Mukhoty, A. K. Majumdar, J. Mukhopadhyay, and S. Sural, “Secure healthcare delivery over the web: A multi-tier approach in india,” in Proceedings of the Indian Conference on Medical Informatics and Telemedicine (ICMIT 2006), pp. 62–67, India, 2006.
Copyright © 2010 Hindawi Publishing Corporation. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.