- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 875821, 10 pages
Natural Immunity to HIV: A Delicate Balance between Strength and Control
Laboratoire d’Immunogénétique, Centre de Recherche, Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (CRCHUM) et Département de Microbiologie et Immunologie, Université de Montréal, Montreal, QC, Canada H2L 4M1
Received 14 August 2012; Revised 10 November 2012; Accepted 16 November 2012
Academic Editor: Vicki L. Traina-Dorge
Copyright © 2012 Johanne Poudrier et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Fabien B. Vincent, Damien Saulep-Easton, William A. Figgett, Kirsten A. Fairfax, and Fabienne Mackay, “The BAFF/APRIL system: Emerging functions beyond B cell biology and autoimmunity,” Cytokine & Growth Factor Reviews, 2013.
- Vincent Pavot, Nicolas Rochereau, Philip Lawrence, Marc P. Girard, Christian Genin, Bernard Verrier, and Stephane Paul, “Recent progress in HIV vaccines inducing mucosal immune responses,” Aids, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 1701–1718, 2014.
- Kate Shannon, Shira M. Goldenberg, Kathleen N. Deering, and Steffaine A. Strathdee, “HIV infection among female sex workers in concentrated and high prevalence epidemics: why a structural determinants framework is needed,” Current Opinion in Hiv and Aids, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 174–182, 2014.
- Laurie-Anne Batraville, Jonathan Richard, Maxime Veillette, Annie-Claude Labbe, Michel Alary, Fernand Guedou, Daniel E. Kaufmann, Johanne Poudrier, Andres Finzi, and Michel Roger, “Short Communication: Anti-HIV-1 Envelope Immunoglobulin Gs in Blood and Cervicovaginal Samples of Beninese Commercial Sex Workers,” Aids Research and Human Retroviruses, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1145–1149, 2014.
- Johanne Poudrier, Caroline Soulas, Josiane Chagnon-Choquet, Tricia Burdo, Patrick Autissier, Kathryn Oskar, Kenneth C. Williams, and Michel Roger, “High Expression Levels of BLyS/BAFF by Blood Dendritic Cells and Granulocytes Are Associated with B-cell dysregulation in SIV-Infected Rhesus Macaques,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 6, 2015.
- Catherine Sabourin-Poirier, Lyvia Fourcade, Josiane Chagnon-Choquet, Annie-Claude Labbé, Michel Alary, Fernand Guédou, Johanne Poudrier, and Michel Roger, “Blood B Lymphocyte Stimulator (BLyS)/BAFF levels may reflect natural immunity to HIV in highly exposed uninfected Beninese Commercial Sex Workers,” Scientific Reports, vol. 6, pp. 32318, 2016.
- Cesar A. C. Cervantes, Luanda M. S. Oliveira, Kelly C. G. Manfrere, Josenilson F. Lima, Natalli Z. Pereira, Alberto J. S. Duarte, and Maria N. Sato, “Antiviral factors and type I/III interferon expression associated with regulatory factors in the oral epithelial cells from HIV-1-serodiscordant coupl,” Scientific Reports, vol. 6, 2016.
- Julie Gauvin, Josiane Chagnon-Choquet, Johanne Poudrier, and Michel Roger, “Fluctuations in Blood Marginal Zone B-Cell Frequencies May Reflect Migratory Patterns Associated with HIV-1 Disease Progression Status,” Plos One, vol. 11, no. 5, 2016.
- Anna Aldovini, “Mucosal Vaccination for Prevention of HIV Infection and AIDS,” Current Hiv Research, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 247–259, 2016.