- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 281841, 7 pages
Thermodynamic Property Study of Nanostructured Mg-H, Mg-Ni-H, and Mg-Cu-H Systems by High Pressure DSC Method
1International Institute for Carbon-Neutral Energy Research (WPI- I2CNER), Kyushu University, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
2Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences (BNLMS), and The State Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Materials Chemistry and Applications, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Received 13 December 2012; Accepted 17 January 2013
Academic Editor: Jianxin Zou
Copyright © 2013 Huaiyu Shao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. J. Reilly and R. H. Wiswall, “The reaction of hydrogen with alloys of magnesium and copper,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 2220–2223, 1967.
- J. J. Reilly and R. H. Wiswall, “The reaction of hydrogen with alloys of magnesium and nickel and the formation of Mg2NiH4,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 2254–2256, 1968.
- H. Shao, G. Xin, J. Zheng, X. Li, and E. Akiba, “Nanotechnology in Mg-based materials for hydrogen storage,” Nano Energy, vol. 1, pp. 590–601, 2012.
- B. Sakintuna, F. Lamari-Darkrim, and M. Hirscher, “Metal hydride materials for solid hydrogen storage: a review,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1121–1140, 2007.
- J. Yang, A. Sudik, C. Wolverton, and D. J. Siegel, “High capacity hydrogen storage materials: attributes for automotive applications and techniques for materials discovery,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 656–675, 2010.
- B. Bogdanović, T. H. Hartwig, and B. Spliethoff, “The development, testing and optimization of energy storage materials based on the MgH2Mg system,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 575–589, 1993.
- F. H. Froes, C. Suryanarayana, K. Russell, and C. G. Li, “Synthesis of intermetallics by mechanical alloying,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 192-193, no. 2, pp. 612–623, 1995.
- Y. Q. Lei, Y. M. Wu, Q. M. Yang, J. Wu, and Q. D. Wang, “Electrochemical-behavior of some mechanically alloyed Mg-Ni-based amorphous hydrogen storage alloys,” Zeitschrift Fur Physikalische Chemie, vol. 183, pp. 379–384, 1994.
- M. Y. Song, “Effects of mechanical alloying on the hydrogen storage characteristics of Mg-Xwt-Percent Ni (X=0, 5, 10, 25 and 55) mixtures,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 221–227, 1995.
- G. Liang, S. Boily, J. Huot, A. Van Neste, and R. Schulz, “Hydrogen absorption properties of a mechanically milled Mg-50 wt%LaNi5 composite,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 268, no. 1-2, pp. 302–307, 1998.
- S. Orimo and H. Fujii, “Hydriding properties of the Mg2Ni-H system synthesized by reactive mechanical grinding,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 232, no. 1-2, pp. L16–L19, 1996.
- E. Akiba, “Hydrogen-absorbing alloys,” Current Opinion in Solid State and Materials Science, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 267–272, 1999.
- H. Imamura, I. Kitazawa, Y. Tanabe, and Y. Sakata, “Hydrogen storage in carbon/Mg nanocomposites synthesized by ball milling,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 32, no. 13, pp. 2408–2411, 2007.
- K. Asano, H. Enoki, and E. Akiba, “Effect of Li addition on synthesis of Mg-Ti BCC Alloys by means of ball milling,” Materials Transactions, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 121–126, 2007.
- H. Shao, K. Asano, H. Enoki, and E. Akiba, “Correlation study between hydrogen absorption property and lattice structure of Mg-based BCC alloys,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 2312–2318, 2009.
- H. Shao, K. Asano, H. Enoki, and E. Akiba, “Fabrication, hydrogen storage properties and mechanistic study of nanostructured Mg50Co50 body-centered cubic alloy,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 818–821, 2009.
- H. Shao, K. Asano, H. Enoki, and E. Akiba, “Preparation and hydrogen storage properties of nanostructured Mg-Ni BCC alloys,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 477, no. 1-2, pp. 301–306, 2009.
- H. Shao, K. Asano, H. Enoki, and E. Akiba, “Fabrication and hydrogen storage property study of nanostructured Mg-Ni-B ternary alloys,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 479, no. 1-2, pp. 409–413, 2009.
- K. Yamamoto, S. Tanioka, Y. Tsushio et al., “Influence of elemental diffusion on low temperature formation of MgH2 in TiMn1.3T0.2Mg (T equals 3d-transition elements),” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 243, no. 1-2, pp. 144–150, 1996.
- J. Lu, J. C. Young, Z. F. Zhigang, Y. S. Hong, and E. Rönnebro, “Hydrogen storage properties of nanosized MgH2-0.1TiH2 prepared by ultrahigh-energy-high-pressure milling,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 131, no. 43, pp. 15843–15852, 2009.
- H. Shao, T. Liu, X. Li, and L. Zhang, “Preparation of Mg2Ni intermetallic compound from nanoparticles,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 595–599, 2003.
- H. Shao, T. Liu, and X. Li, “Preparation of the Mg2Ni compound from ultrafine particles and its hydrogen storage properties,” Nanotechnology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. L1–L3, 2003.
- H. Shao, H. Xu, Y. Wang, and X. Li, “Preparation and hydrogen storage properties of Mg2Ni intermetallic nanoparticles,” Nanotechnology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 269–274, 2004.
- H. Shao, T. Liu, Y. Wang, H. Xu, and X. Li, “Preparation of Mg-based hydrogen storage materials from metal nanoparticles,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 465, no. 1-2, pp. 527–533, 2008.
- J. Zou, X. Zeng, Y. Ying et al., “Study on the hydrogen storage properties of core-shell structured Mg-RE (RE = Nd, Gd, Er) nano-composites synthesized through arc plasma method,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 38, pp. 2337–2346, 2013.
- J. X. Zou, X. Q. Zeng, Y. J. Ying, P. Stephane, and W. J. Ding, “Preparation and hydrogen sorption properties of a nano-structured Mg based Mg-La-O composite,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 37, pp. 13067–13073, 2012.
- H. Shao, H. Xu, Y. Wang, and X. Li, “Synthesis and hydrogen storage behavior of Mg-Co-H system at nanometer scale,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 177, no. 10, pp. 3626–3632, 2004.
- H. Shao, Y. Wang, H. Xu, and X. Li, “Preparation and hydrogen storage properties of nanostructured Mg2Cu alloy,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 178, no. 7, pp. 2211–2217, 2005.
- F. K. Hsu, C. W. Hsu, J. K. Chang, C. K. Lin, S. L. Lee, and C. E. Jiang, “Structure and hydrogen storage properties of Mg2Cu 1-xNix (x=0-1) alloys,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 35, no. 24, pp. 13247–13254, 2010.
- H. Shao, Preparation and hydrogen storage properties of Mg-based nanostructures materials [Ph.D. thesis], Beijing Unvieristy, 2005.
- C. Rongeat, I. Llamas-Jansa, S. Doppiu et al., “Determination of the heat of hydride formation/decomposition by High-Pressure Differential Scanning Calorimetry (HP-DSC),” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 111, no. 46, pp. 13301–13306, 2007.