- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 389634, 6 pages
Synthesis and Surface Characterization of -Mn Nanostructures
Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Received 29 December 2012; Accepted 19 April 2013
Academic Editor: Yunpeng Yin
Copyright © 2013 Chengxiang Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. H. Feng, L. M. Zhai, W. F. Tan, F. Liu, and J. Z. He, “Adsorption and redox reactions of heavy metals on synthesized Mn oxide minerals,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 147, no. 2, pp. 366–373, 2007.
- R. K. Ghavami, Z. Rafiei, and S. M. Tabatabaei, “Effects of cationic CTAB and anionic SDBS surfactants on the performance of Zn–MnO2 alkaline batteries,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 164, no. 2, pp. 934–946, 2007.
- H. Abbas and S. A. Nasser, “Hydroxyl as a defect of the manganese dioxide lattice and its applications to the dry cell battery,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 15–21, 1996.
- K. D. Kwon, K. Refson, and G. Sposito, “Zinc surface complexes on birnessite: a density functional theory study,” Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, vol. 73, no. 5, pp. 1273–1284, 2009.
- H. Tamura, N. Katayama, and R. Furuichi, “Modeling of ion-exchange reactions on metal oxides with the frumkin isotherm. 1. Acid-base and charge characteristics of MnO2, TiO2, Fe3O4 and AI2O3 surfaces and adsorption affinity of alkali metal ions,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 1198–1204, 1996.
- A. P. Malloy and S. W. Donne, “Porosity changes during reduction of γ-MnO2 for aqueous alkaline applications,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 155, no. 11, pp. A817–A824, 2008.
- A. P. Malloy, G. J. Browning, and S. W. Donne, “Surface characterization of heat-treated electrolytic manganese dioxide,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 285, no. 2, pp. 653–664, 2005.
- G. Pan, Y. Qin, X. Li, T. Hu, Z. Wu, and Y. Xie, “EXAFS studies on adsorption-desorption reversibility at manganese oxides-water interfaces: I. Irreversible adsorption of zinc onto manganite (γ-MnOOH),” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 271, no. 1, pp. 28–34, 2004.
- X. Li, G. Pan, Y. Qin, T. Hu, Z. Wu, and Y. Xie, “EXAFS studies on adsorption-desorption reversibility at manganese oxide-water interfaces: II. Reversible adsorption of zinc on δ-MnO2,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 271, no. 1, pp. 35–40, 2004.
- D. Zhao, X. Yang, H. Zhang, C. Chen, and X. Wang, “Effect of environmental conditions on Pb(II) adsorption on β-MnO2,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 164, no. 1, pp. 49–55, 2010.
- S. Jouanneau, S. Sarciaux, A. L. La Salle, and D. Guyomard, “Influence of structural defects on the insertion behavior of γ-MnO2: comparison of H+ and Li+,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 140, no. 3-4, pp. 223–232, 2001.
- Y. Chabre and J. Parmetier, “Structural and electrochemical properties of the proton/γ-MnO2 system,” Progress in Solid State Chemistry, vol. 23, pp. l–130, 1995.
- N. Kijima, H. Yasuda, T. Sato, and Y. Yoshimura, “Preparation and characterization of open tunnel oxide α-MnO2 precipitated by ozone oxidation,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 94–102, 2001.
- R. N. DeGuzman, Y. F. Shen, E. J. Neth et al., “Synthesis and characterization of Octahedral Molecular Sieves (OMS-2) having the hollandite structure,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 815–821, 1994.
- Y. Tanaka, M. Tsuji, and Y. Tamaura, “ESCA and thermodynamic studies of alkali metal ion exchange reactions on an α-MnO2 phase with the tunnel structure,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 1473–1479, 2000.
- V. Subramanian, H. Zhu, R. Vajtai, P. M. Ajayan, and B. Wei, “Hydrothermal synthesis and pseudocapacitance properties of MnO2 nanostructures,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 43, pp. 20207–20214, 2005.
- H. A. Le, S. Chin, E. Park, L. T. Linh, G. N. Bae, and J. Jurng, “Chemical vapor synthesis and characterization of manganese oxides,” Chemical Vapor Deposition, vol. 17, pp. 228–234, 2011.
- T. Hiemstra, W. H. van Riemsdijk, and G. H. Bolt, “Multisite proton adsorption modeling at the solid/solution interface of (hydr)oxides: a new approach. I. Model description and evaluation of intrinsic reaction constants,” Journal of Colloid And Interface Science, vol. 133, no. 1, pp. 91–104, 1989.
- T. Hiemstra, J. C. M. de Wit, and W. H. van Riemsdijk, “Multisite proton adsorption modeling at the solid/solution interface of (hydr)oxides: a new approach. II. Application to various important (hydr)oxides,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 133, no. 1, pp. 105–117, 1989.