- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 621378, 6 pages
Influence of Sodium Dodecyl Sulfonate on the Formation of ZnO Nanorods from ε-Zn(OH)2
Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 10084, China
Received 28 December 2012; Accepted 18 April 2013
Academic Editor: Yunpeng Yin
Copyright © 2013 Jing Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. H. Huang, S. Mao, H. Feick et al., “Room-temperature ultraviolet nanowire nanolasers,” Science, vol. 292, no. 5523, pp. 1897–1899, 2001.
- Y. H. Huang, Y. Zhahg, L. Liu, S. S. Fan, Y. Wei, and J. He, “Controlled synthesis and field emission properties of ZnO nanostructures with different morphologies,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 787–790, 2006.
- M. Law, L. E. Greene, J. C. Johnson, R. Saykally, and P. Yang, “Nanowire dye-sensitized solar cells,” Nature Materials, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 455–459, 2005.
- X. Wang, J. Song, J. Liu, and L. W. Zhong, “Direct-current nanogenerator driven by ultrasonic waves,” Science, vol. 316, no. 5821, pp. 102–105, 2007.
- J. Qiu, X. Li, W. He et al., “The growth mechanism and optical properties of ultralong ZnO nanorod arrays with a high aspect ratio by a preheating hydrothermal method,” Nanotechnology, vol. 20, no. 15, Article ID 155603, 2009.
- L. Vayssieres, “Growth of arrayed nanorods and nanowires of ZnO from aqueous solutions,” Advanced Materials, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 464–466, 2003.
- C. Xu, P. Shin, L. Cao, and D. Gao, “Preferential growth of long ZnO nanowire array and its application in dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 125–129, 2010.
- J. Qiu, X. Li, F. Zhuge et al., “Solution-derived 40νm vertically aligned ZnO nanowire arrays as photoelectrodes in dye-sensitized solar cells,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, no. 19, Article ID 195602, 2010.
- W. Wu, G. Hu, S. Cui, Y. Zhou, and H. Wu, “Epitaxy of vertical ZnO nanorod arrays on highly (001)-oriented ZnO seed monolayer by a hydrothermal route,” Crystal Growth and Design, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 4014–4020, 2008.
- B. Liu and H. C. Zeng, “Hydrothermal synthesis of ZnO nanorods in the diameter regime of 50 nm,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, no. 15, pp. 4430–4431, 2003.
- W. Jia, S. Dang, H. Liu et al., “Evidence of the formation mechanism of ZnO in aqueous solution,” Materials Letters, vol. 82, pp. 99–101, 2012.
- P. Li, H. Liu, B. Lu, and Y. Wei, “Formation mechanism of 1D ZnO nanowhiskers in aqueous solution,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 49, pp. 21132–21137, 2010.
- P. Li, H. Liu, F. X. Xu, and Y. Wei, “Controllable growth of ZnO nanowhiskers by a simple solution route,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 393–397, 2008.
- P. Li, Y. Wei, H. Liu, and X. Wang, “A simple low-temperature growth of ZnO nanowhiskers directly from aqueous solution containing Zn(OH)42-ions,” Chemical Communications, no. 24, pp. 2856–2857, 2004.
- R. A. McBride, J. M. Kelly, and D. E. McCormack, “Growth of well-defined ZnO microparticles by hydroxide ion hydrolysis of zinc salts,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1196–1201, 2003.
- N. J. Nicholas, G. V. Franks, and W. A. Ducker, “The mechanism for hydrothermal growth of zinc oxide,” CrystEngComm, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1232–1240, 2012.
- M. Wang, Y. Zhou, Y. Zhang, S. H. Hahn, and E. J. Kim, “From Zn(OH)2 to ZnO: a study on the mechanism of phase transformation,” CrystEngComm, vol. 13, no. 20, pp. 6024–6026, 2011.
- J. Xie, P. Li, Y. Li, Y. Wang, and Y. Wei, “Morphology control of ZnO particles via aqueous solution route at low temperature,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 114, no. 2-3, pp. 943–947, 2009.
- J. Xie, P. Li, Y. Wang, and Y. Wei, “Synthesis of ZnO whiskers with different aspect ratios by a facile solution route,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 205, no. 7, pp. 1560–1565, 2008.
- H. Sun, “Compass: an ab initio force-field optimized for condensed-phase applications—overview with details on alkane and benzene compounds,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 102, no. 38, pp. 7338–7364, 1998.
- S. Nosé, “A unified formulation of the constant temperature molecular dynamics methods,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 511–519, 1984.
- Z. R. Tian, J. A. Voigt, J. Liu et al., “Complex and oriented ZnO nanostructures,” Nature Materials, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 821–826, 2003.
- J. Joo, B. Y. Chow, M. Prakash, E. S. Boyden, and J. M. Jacobson, “Face-selective electrostatic control of hydrothermal zinc oxide nanowire synthesis,” Nature Materials, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 596–601, 2011.