- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 713583, 5 pages
Fabrication of Vertically Aligned CNT Composite for Membrane Applications Using Chemical Vapor Deposition through In Situ Polymerization
1School of Chemical and Materials Engineering (SCME), National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST), H-12, Islamabad 46000, Pakistan
2Centre for Energy Systems, USAID Centre for Advanced Studies, National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST), H-12, Islamabad 46000, Pakistan
3Department of Chemistry, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Abbottabad 22060, Pakistan
4Advanced Technology Institute (ATI), University of Surrey, Guilford GU2 7XH, UK
Received 4 April 2013; Accepted 23 June 2013
Academic Editor: John Zhanhu Guo
Copyright © 2013 Munir Mohammad et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Tsuda and Y. Sakka, “Simultaneous alignment and micropatterning of carbon nanotubes using modulated magnetic field,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, vol. 10, no. 1, Article ID 014603, 6 pages, 2009.
- H. Y. Jung, S. M. Jung, and J. S. Suh, “Horizontally aligned single-walled carbon nanotube field emitters fabricated on vertically aligned multi-walled carbon nanotube electrode arrays,” Carbon, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 1345–1349, 2008.
- E. J. García, A. J. Hart, B. L. Wardle, and A. H. Slocum, “Fabrication of composite microstructures by capillarity-driven wetting of aligned carbon nanotubes with polymers,” Nanotechnology, vol. 18, no. 16, Article ID 165602, 11 pages, 2007.
- Y. Nakayama and S. Akita, “Field-emission device with carbon nanotubes for a flat panel display,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 117, no. 1–3, pp. 207–210, 2001.
- S. C. Youn, D.-H. Jung, Y. K. Ko, Y. W. Jin, J. M. Kim, and H.-T. Jung, “Vertical alignment of carbon nanotubes using the magneto-evaporation method,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 131, no. 2, pp. 742–748, 2009.
- P. V. Kamat, K. G. Thomas, S. Barazzouk, G. Girishkumar, K. Vinodgopal, and D. Meisel, “Self-assembled linear bundles of single wall carbon nanotubes and their alignment and deposition as a film in a dc field,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 34, pp. 10757–10762, 2004.
- C. Zhang, F. Yan, C. S. Allen et al., “Growth of vertically-aligned carbon nanotube forests on conductive cobalt disilicide support,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 108, no. 2, Article ID 024311, 6 pages, 2010.
- A. I. López-Lorente, B. M. Simonet, and M. Valcárcel, “The potential of carbon nanotube membranes for analytical separations,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 82, no. 13, pp. 5399–5407, 2010.
- S. J. Limb, C. B. Labelle, K. K. Gleason, D. J. Edell, and E. F. Gleason, “Growth of fluorocarbon polymer thin films with high CF2 fractions and low dangling bond concentrations by thermal chemical vapor deposition,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 68, no. 20, pp. 2810–2813, 1996.
- K. B. Jirage, J. C. Hulteen, and C. R. Martin, “Nanotubule-based molecular-filtration membranes,” Science, vol. 278, no. 5338, pp. 655–658, 1997.
- D. Tasis, N. Tagmatarchis, A. Bianco, and M. Prato, “Chemistry of carbon nanotubes,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 106, no. 3, pp. 1105–1136, 2006.
- M. Burghard and K. Balasubramanian, “Chemically functionalized carbon nanotubes,” Small, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 180–192, 2005.