- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 851489, 6 pages
Characterisation of C–F Polymer Film Formation on the Air-Bearing Surface Etched Sidewall of Fluorine-Based Plasma Interacting with AL2O3–TiC Substrate
1Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi, Bangkok 10140, Thailand
2Division of Material Science, Faculty of Science, Maejo University, Chiang Mai 50290, Thailand
3Western Digital (Thailand) Company Limited, Ayutthaya 13160, Thailand
Received 25 February 2013; Accepted 28 May 2013
Academic Editor: Shafiul Chowdhury
Copyright © 2013 Alonggot Limcharoen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Hsiao, “Fabrication of magnetic recording heads and dry etching of head materials,” IBM Journal of Research and Development, vol. 43, no. 1-2, pp. 89–102, 1999.
- M. Zhang, Y. S. Hor, G. Han, and B. Liu, “Dry etching of AlTiC with CF4 and H2 for slider fabrication,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 2486–2488, 2003.
- J. W. Kim, Y. C. Kim, and W. J. Lee, “Reactive ion etching mechanism of plasma enhanced chemically vapor deposited aluminum oxide film in CF4/O2 plasma,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 2045–2049, 1995.
- B. Bhushan and N. S. Tambe, “Role of particulate contamination on friction and wear and durability of load/unload and padded picosliders,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 857–863, 2003.
- J. Bhardwaj, D. M. Haynes, J. A. Grange et al., “High-throughput inductively coupled plasma production platform for etching air-bearing surface on GMR read/write heads,” in Datateched, pp. 131–140, 1st edition, 1998.
- N. Fukushima, H. Katai, T. Wada, and Y. Horiike, “High-rate and smooth surface etching of Al2O3-TiC employing Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP),” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 35, no. 4, part 1, pp. 2512–2515, 1996.
- J. W. Coburn, “In situ Auger electron spectroscopy of Si and SiO2 surfaces plasma etched in CF4-H2 glow discharges,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 5210–5213, 1979.
- J. W. Coburn and H. F. Winters, “Ion- and electron-assisted gas-surface chemistry—an important effect in plasma etching,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 3189–3196, 1979.
- B. Ji, S. A. Motika, P. R. Badowski, S. Dheandhanoo, J. R. Stets, and E. J. Karwacki, “Fluorine plasma chemistry for high-AR dielectric etching,” Solid State Technology, vol. 48, no. 11, pp. 45–52, 2005.
- I. R. Johnston, H. Ashraf, J. K. Bhardwaj, et al., “Etching 200-mm diameter SCALPEL mask with the ASE process,” in Emerging Lithographic Technologies IV, vol. 3997 of Proceeding of SPIE, pp. 184–193, July 2000.
- W. Zhu, C. S. Pai, H. E. Bair et al., “Novel co-sputtered fluorinated amorphous carbon films for sub-0.25 μm low κ damascene multilevel interconnect applications,” in Proceedings of the Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM '98), pp. 845–848, December 1998.
- C. E. Bottani, A. Lamperti, L. Nobili, and P. M. Ossi, “Structure and mechanical properties of PACVD fluorinated amorphous carbon films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 433, no. 1-2, pp. 149–154, 2003.
- F. L. Freire Jr., M. E. H. Maia da Costa, L. G. Jacobsohn, and D. F. Franceschini, “Film growth and relationship between microstructure and mechanical properties of a-C:H:F films deposited by PECVD,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 125–131, 2001.
- C. Alonso, A. Morato, F. Medina et al., “Preparation and characterization of different phases of aluminum trifluoride,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1148–1155, 2000.
- S. Saito, K. Sugita, and J. Tonotani, “Effect of CHF3 addition on reactive ion etching of aluminum using inductively coupled plasma,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 2971–2975, 2005.
- N. K. Srinivasan, M. C. Su, J. V. Michael, A. W. Jasper, S. J. Klippenstein, and L. B. Harding, “Thermal decomposition of CF3 and the reaction of CF2 + OH → CF2O + H,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 31–37, 2008.