- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 171045, 10 pages
Behavior of Yb3+ and Er3+ during Heat Treatment in Oxyfluoride Glass Ceramics
1Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
2Ceramic Division, Department of Materials, Iran University of Science and Technology, Narmak, Tehran 1684613114, Iran
3Departamento de Física Fundamental y Experimental, Electrónica y Sistemas, Universidad de La Laguna, Avenida Astrofísico Francisco Sánchez, La Laguna, 38206 Tenerife, Spain
4MALTA Consolider Team, La Laguna, 38206 Tenerife, Spain
5Departamento de Física Fundamental II, Tenerife, Spain
6Servicio Integrado de Difracción de Rayos X, Tenerife, Spain
7Nanotechnology Department, Engineering Research Institute, Tehran 1465774111, Iran
Received 7 September 2013; Revised 2 December 2013; Accepted 6 December 2013; Published 2 January 2014
Academic Editor: Mohsen Rahmani
Copyright © 2014 M. H. Imanieh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Hernández-Rodríguez, M. H. Imanieh, L. L. Martín, and I. R. Martína, “Experimental enhancement of the photocurrent in a solar cell using upconversion process in fluoroindate glasses exciting at 1480 nm,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 116, pp. 171–175, 2013.
- A. Tressaud, Synthesis, Characterization & Properties of Nanostructured Solids, vol. 1, John Wiley & Sons, Paris, France, 2010.
- L. Rayleigh, “The incidence of light upon a transparent sphere of dimensions comparable with the wave-length,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London Series A, vol. 84, no. 567, pp. 25–46, 1910.
- S. Bhattacharyya, T. Höche, N. Hemono, M. J. Pascual, and P. A. van Aken, “Nano-crystallization in LaF3-Na2O-Al2O3-SiO2 glass,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 311, no. 18, pp. 4350–4355, 2009.
- G. H. Beall and L. R. Pinckney, “Nanophase glass-ceramics,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 5–16, 1999.
- M. C. Gonçalves, L. F. Santos, and R. M. Almeida, “Rare-earth-doped transparent glass ceramics,” Comptes Rendus Chimie, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 845–854, 2002.
- D. Chen, Y. Wang, Y. Yu et al., “Influences of Er3+ content on structure and upconversion emission of oxyfluoride glass ceramics containing CaF2 nanocrystals,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 95, no. 2-3, pp. 264–269, 2006.
- F. Bao, Y. Wang, and Z. Hu, “Influence of Er3+ doping on microstructure of oxyfluoride glass-ceramics,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 1645–1653, 2005.
- M. H. Imanieh, et al., “Crystallization of nano calcium fluoride in CaF2-Al2O3-SiO2 system,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 17, pp. 76–82, 2013.
- I. R. Martin, V. D. Rodríguez, V. Lavín, and U. R. Rodríguez-Mendoza, “Transfer and back transfer processes in Yb3+-Er3+ codoped fluoroindate glasses,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 935–939, 1999.
- D. Chen, Y. Wang, E. Ma, Y. Yu, and F. Liu, “Partition, luminescence and energy transfer of Er3+/Yb3+ ions in oxyfluoride glass ceramic containing CaF2 nano-crystals,” Optical Materials, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 1693–1699, 2007.
- M. H. Imanieh, et al., “Effect of alumina content and heat treatment on microstructure and upconversion emission of Er3+ ions in oxyfluoride glass-ceramics,” Journal of Rare Earths, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 1228–1234, 2012.
- Y. Kishi, S. Tanabe, S. Tochino, and G. Pezzotti, “Fabrication and efficient infrared-to-visible upconversion in transparent glass ceramics of Er-Yb Co-doped CaF2 nano-crystals,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 88, no. 12, pp. 3423–3426, 2005.
- C. Perez-Rodriguez, M. H. Imanieh, L. L. Martín, S. Rios, I. R. Martín, and B. E. Yekta, “Study of the focusing effect of silica microspheres on the upconversion of Er3+-Yb3+ codoped glass ceramics,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 576, pp. 363–368, 2013.
- D. Chen, Y. Wang, Y. Yu, and E. Ma, “Improvement of Er3+ emissions in oxyfluoride glass ceramic nano-composite by thermal treatment,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 179, no. 5, pp. 1445–1452, 2006.
- D. Chen, Y. Wang, Y. Yu, and E. Ma, “Influence of Yb3+ content on microstructure and fluorescence of oxyfluoride glass ceramics containing LaF3 nano-crystals,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 101, no. 2-3, pp. 464–469, 2007.
- G. Dantelle, M. Mortier, D. Vivien, and G. Patriarche, “Nucleation efficiency of erbium and ytterbium fluorides in transparent oxyfluoride glass-ceramics,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 472–481, 2005.
- M. H. Imanieh, et al., “Improved cooperative emission in ytterbium-doped oxyfluoride glass-ceramics containing CaF2 nanocrystals,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 95, no. 12, pp. 3827–3833, 2012.
- R. Hill, D. Wood, and M. Thomas, “Trimethylsilylation analysis of the silicate structure of fluoro-alumino-silicate glasses and the structural role of fluorine,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1767–1774, 1999.
- L. Lin, G. Ren, M. Chen, Y. Liu, and Q. Yang, “Study of fluorine losses and spectroscopic properties of Er3+ doped oxyfluoride silicate glasses and glass ceramics,” Optical Materials, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1439–1442, 2009.
- N. Hémono, G. Pierre, F. Muñoz, A. de Pablos-Martín, M. J. Pascual, and A. Durán, “Processing of transparent glass-ceramics by nanocrystallisation of LaF3,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 29, no. 14, pp. 2915–2920, 2009.
- C. Russel, “Nanocrystallization of CaF2 from Na2O/K2O/CaO/CaF2/Al2O3/SiO2 glasses,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 17, no. 23, pp. 5843–5847, 2005.
- T. Miyakawa and D. L. Dexter, “Phonon sidebands, multiphonon relaxation of excited states, and phonon-assisted energy transfer between ions in solids,” Physical Review B, vol. 1, no. 7, pp. 2961–2969, 1970.
- W. Yan, Y. Chen, and M. Yin, “Quenching mechanism of Er3+ emissions in Er3+- and Er3+/Yb3+-doped SrAl12O19 nanophosphors,” Journal of Rare Earths, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 202–206, 2011.
- J. del-Castillo, A. C. Yanes, J. Méndez-Ramos, V. K. Tikhomirov, and V. D. Rodríguez, “Structure and up-conversion luminescence in sol-gel derived Er3+-Yb3+ co-doped SiO2:PbF2 nano-glass-ceramics,” Optical Materials, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 104–107, 2009.