- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 526149, 6 pages
Surface Wettability of Oxygen Plasma Treated Porous Silicon
1Heavy Oil State Laboratory and Center for Bioengineering and Biotechnology, China University of Petroleum (East China), Qingdao 266580, China
2College of Petroleum Engineering, China University of Petroleum (East China), Qingdao 266580, China
Received 29 August 2013; Accepted 10 October 2013; Published 16 January 2014
Academic Editor: Marinella Striccoli
Copyright © 2014 Lei Jiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Föll, M. Christophersen, J. Carstensen, and G. Hasse, “Formation and application of porous silicon,” Materials Science and Engineering R: Reports, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 93–141, 2002.
- E. J. Anglin, L. Cheng, W. R. Freeman, and M. J. Sailor, “Porous silicon in drug delivery devices and materials,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 1266–1277, 2008.
- M. Latterich and J. Corbeil, “Label-free detection of biomolecular interactions in real time with a nano-porous silicon-based detection method,” Proteome Science, vol. 6, article 31, 2008.
- S. D. Alvarez, A. M. Derfus, M. P. Schwartz, S. N. Bhatia, and M. J. Sailor, “The compatibility of hepatocytes with chemically modified porous silicon with reference to in vitro biosensors,” Biomaterials, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 26–34, 2009.
- N. Massad-Ivanir, G. Shtenberg, A. Tzur, M. A. Krepker, and E. Segal, “Engineering nanostructured porous SiO2 surfaces for bacteria detection via “Direct Cell Capture”,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 83, no. 9, pp. 3282–3289, 2011.
- S. P. Low, K. A. Williams, L. T. Canham, and N. H. Voelcker, “Evaluation of mammalian cell adhesion on surface-modified porous silicon,” Biomaterials, vol. 27, no. 26, pp. 4538–4546, 2006.
- L. M. Bonanno and E. Segal, “Nanostructured porous silicon-polymer-based hybrids: from biosensing to drug delivery,” Nanomedicine, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 1755–1770, 2011.
- M. M. Orosco, C. Pacholski, G. M. Miskelly, and M. J. Sailor, “Protein-coated porous-silicon photonic crystals for amplified optical detection of protease activity,” Advanced Materials, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1393–1396, 2006.
- D. P. Dowling, I. S. Miller, M. Ardhaoui, and W. M. Gallagher, “Effect of surface wettability and topography on the adhesion of osteosarcoma cells on plasma-modified polystyrene,” Journal of Biomaterials Applications, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 327–347, 2011.
- J. Dong, Z. Yao, T. Yang, L. Jiang, and C. Shen, “Control of superhydrophilic and superhydrophobic graphene interface,” Scientific Reports, vol. 3, article 1733, 2013.
- A. Ressine, D. Finnskog, G. Marko-Varga, and T. Laurell, “Superhydrophobic properties of nanostructured-microstructured porous silicon for improved surface-based bioanalysis,” Nanobiotechnology, vol. 4, no. 1–4, pp. 18–27, 2008.
- S. Pace, P. Gonzalez, J.-M. Devoisselle, P.-E. Milhiet, D. Brunel, and F. Cunin, “Grafting of monoglyceride molecules for the design of hydrophilic and stable porous silicon surfaces,” New Journal of Chemistry, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 29–33, 2010.
- L. Fernández, M. Sánchez, F. J. Carmona et al., “Analysis of the grafting process of PVP on a silicon surface by AFM and contact angle,” Langmuir, vol. 27, no. 18, pp. 11636–11649, 2011.
- D. Dattilo, L. Armelao, G. Fois, G. Mistura, and M. Maggini, “Wetting properties of flat and porous silicon surfaces coated with a spiropyran,” Langmuir, vol. 23, no. 26, pp. 12945–12950, 2007.
- D. Dattilo, L. Armelao, M. Maggini, G. Fois, and G. Mistura, “Wetting behavior of porous silicon surfaces functionalized with a fulleropyrrolidine,” Langmuir, vol. 22, no. 21, pp. 8764–8769, 2006.
- Z. Wang and N. Koratkar, “Electrically controlled wetting and dewetting transition on silicon micro-pillar arrays,” Advanced Science Letters, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 222–225, 2008.
- B. A. Langowski and K. E. Uhrich, “Oxygen plasma-treatment effects on Si transfer,” Langmuir, vol. 21, no. 14, pp. 6366–6372, 2005.
- S.-W. Choi, W.-B. Choi, Y.-H. Lee, B.-K. Ju, M.-Y. Sung, and B.-H. Kim, “The analysis of oxygen plasma pretreatment for improving anodic bonding,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 149, no. 1, pp. G8–G11, 2002.
- L. Jiang, Z. Li, L. Yang et al., “Effect of oxygen plasma on surface wettability of porous silicon,” China Surface Engineering, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 43–48, 2013.
- S. B. Habib, E. Gonzalez, and R. F. Hicks, “Atmospheric oxygen plasma activation of silicon (100) surfaces,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 476–485, 2010.
- A. M. Rossi, L. Wang, V. Reipa, and T. E. Murphy, “Porous silicon biosensor for detection of viruses,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 741–745, 2007.
- N. Naveas, V. T. Costa, D. Gallach et al., “Chemical stabilization of porous silicon for enhanced biofunctionalization with immunoglobulin,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, vol. 13, no. 4, Article ID 045009, 2012.
- M. J. Sailor, “Fundamentals of porous silicon preparation,” in Porous Silicon in Practice, pp. 1–42, Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, 2011.
- Z. W. A, “Relation of the equilibrium contact angle to liquid and solid constitution,” in Contact Angle, Wettability, and Adhesion, pp. 1–51, American Chemical Society, 1964.
- J. N. Israelachvili, Intermolecular and Surface Forces, Academic Press, London, UK, 2nd edition, 1992.
- E. Gonzalez II, M. D. Barankin, P. C. Guschl, and R. F. Hicks, “Remote atmospheric-pressure plasma activation of the surfaces of polyethylene terephthalate and polyethylene naphthalate,” Langmuir, vol. 24, no. 21, pp. 12636–12643, 2008.
- T. Suni, K. Henttinen, I. Suni, and J. Mäkinen, “Effects of plasma activation on hydrophilic bonding of Si and SiO2,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 149, no. 6, pp. G348–G351, 2002.
- A. Grabbe, T. A. Michalske, and W. L. Smith, “Strained siloxane rings on the surface on silica. Their reaction with organosiloxanes, organosilanes, and water,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 99, no. 13, pp. 4648–4654, 1995.
- Y. J. Chabal, Fundamental Aspects of Silicon Oxidation, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2001.
- R. A. Gottscho, C. W. Jurgensen, and D. J. Vitkavage, “Microscopic uniformity in plasma etching,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B, vol. 10, pp. 2133–2147, 1992.
- J. Yeom, Y. Wu, J. C. Selby, and M. A. Shannon, “Maximum achievable aspect ratio in deep reactive ion etching of silicon due to aspect ratio dependent transport and the microloading effect,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 2319–2329, 2005.
- K. Malek and M.-O. Coppens, “Knudsen self- and Fickian diffusion in rough nanoporous media,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 119, no. 5, pp. 2801–2811, 2003.
- B. Hosticka, P. M. Norris, J. S. Brenizer, and C. E. Daitch, “Gas flow through aerogels,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 225, no. 1–3, pp. 293–297, 1998.
- J. S. Andrade Jr., U. M. S. Costa, M. P. Almeida, H. A. Makse, and H. E. Stanley, “Inertial effects on fluid flow through disordered porous media,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 82, no. 26, pp. 5249–5252, 1999.