- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 967295, 8 pages
Coaxial Electrospinning with Mixed Solvents: From Flat to Round Eudragit L100 Nanofibers for Better Colon-Targeted Sustained Drug Release Profiles
1School of Materials Science & Engineering, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, 516 Jungong Road, Yangpu District, Shanghai 200093, China
2School of Environment and Architecture, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, Shanghai 200093, China
Received 6 December 2013; Revised 26 January 2014; Accepted 4 March 2014; Published 27 March 2014
Academic Editor: Aihua He
Copyright © 2014 Deng-Guang Yu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Mitragotri and J. Lahann, “Physical approaches to biomaterial design,” Nature Materials, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 15–23, 2009.
- T. Lin and X. Wang, Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Edited by H. S. Nalwa, American Scientific, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, 2nd edition, 2011.
- N. Vitchuli, Q. Shi, J. Nowak et al., “Atmospheric plasma application to improve adhesion of electrospun nanofibers onto protective fabric,” Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 924–938, 2013.
- J. Fang, H. Niu, H. Wang, X. Wang, and T. Lin, “Enhanced mechanical energy harvesting using needleless electrospun poly(vinylidene fluoride) nanofibre web,” Energy & Environmental Science, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 2196–2202, 2013.
- J. Fang, X. Wang, and T. Lin, “Nanofibrous p-n junction and its rectifying characteristics,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2013, Article ID 758395, 7 pages, 2013.
- Y. Li, B. Guo, L. Ji et al., “Structure control and performance improvement of carbon nanofibers containing a dispersion of silicon nanoparticles for energy storage,” Carbon, vol. 51, pp. 185–194, 2013.
- X.-Y. Li, X. Wang, D.-G. Yu et al., “Electrospun borneol-PVP nanocomposites,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 731382, 8 pages, 2012.
- D.-G. Yu, W. Chian, X. Wang, X.-Y. Li, Y. Li, and Y.-Z. Liao, “Linear drug release membrane prepared by a modified coaxial electrospinning process,” Journal of Membrane Sciences, vol. 428, no. 2, pp. 150–156, 2013.
- D.-G. Yu, X.-Y. Li, X. Wang, W. Chian, Y.-Z. Liao, and Y. Li, “Zero-order drug release cellulose acetate nanofibers prepared using coaxial electrospinning,” Cellulose, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 379–389, 2013.
- D. G. Yu, X. Wang, X. Y. Li, W. Chian, Y. Li, and Y. Z. Liao, “Electrospun biphasic drug release polyvinylpyrrolidone/ethyl cellulose core/shell nanofibers,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 5665–5672, 2013.
- D.-G. Yu, G. R. Williams, X.. Wang, X. K. Liu, H. L. Li, and S. W. A. Bligh, “Coaxial electrospinning using a concentric Teflon spinneret to prepare biphasic-release nanofibers of helicid,” RSC Advances, vol. 3, no. 39, pp. 17775–17783, 2013.
- K.-H. Roh, D. C. Martin, and J. Lahann, “Biphasic Janus particles with nanoscale anisotropy,” Nature Materials, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 759–763, 2005.
- S. Agarwal, A. Greiner, and J. H. Wendorff, “Functional materials by electrospinning of polymers,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 963–991, 2013.
- C. J. Luo, S. D. Stoyanov, E. Stride, E. Pelan, and M. Edirisinghe, “Electrospinning versus fibre production methods: from specifics to technological convergence,” Chemistry Society Reviews, vol. 41, no. 13, pp. 4708–4735, 2012.
- A. K. Moghe and B. S. Gupta, “Co-axial electrospinning for nanofiber structures: preparation and applications,” Polymer Reviews, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 353–377, 2008.
- D.-G. Yu, L.-M. Zhu, C. Branford-White, S. W. A. Bligh, and K. N. White, “Coaxial electrospinning with organic solvent for controlling the size of self-assembled nanoparticles,” Chemical Communications, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 1216–1218, 2011.
- D.-G. Yu, C. J. Branford-White, N. P. Chatterton et al., “Electrospinning of concentrated polymer solutions,” Macromolecules, vol. 43, no. 24, pp. 10743–10746, 2010.
- D.-G. Yu, C. Branford-White, S. W. A. Bligh, K. White, N. P. Chatterton, and L.-M. Zhu, “Improving polymer nanofiber quality using a modified co-axial electrospinning process,” Macromolecular Rapid Communications, vol. 32, no. 9-10, pp. 744–750, 2011.
- D.-G. Yu, G. R. Williams, X. Wang, X.-K. Liu, H.-L. Li, and S. W. A. Bligh, “Dual drug release nanocomposites prepared using a combination of electrospraying and electrospinning,” RSC Advances, vol. 3, no. 14, pp. 4652–4658, 2013.
- X.-X. Shen, D.-G. Yu, L.-M. Zhu, C. Branford-White, K. White, and N. P. Chatterton, “Electrospun diclofenac sodium loaded Eudragit L 100–55 nanofibers for colon-targeted drug delivery,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 408, no. 1-2, pp. 200–207, 2011.
- D.-G. Yu, J.-H. Yu, L. Chen, G. R. Williams, and X. Wang, “Modified coaxial electrospinning for the preparation of high-quality ketoprofen-loaded cellulose acetate nanofibers,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. 1016–1023, 2012.
- N. A. Peppas, “Analysis of Fickian and non-Fickian drug release from polymers,” Pharmaceutica Acta Helvetiae, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 110–111, 1985.