- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 932653, 8 pages
Food Store Environment Modifies Intervention Effect on Fruit and Vegetable Intake among Low-Income Women in North Carolina
1Department of Nutrition and Food Science, College of Agriculture, University of Kentucky, 206G Funkhouser, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
2Program for Research in Nutrition and Health Disparities, School of Rural Public Health, Texas A&M Health Science Center, College Station, TX, USA
3The Department of Nutrition, Gillings School of Global Public Health and Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
4School of Medicine and Center for Health and Promotion, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
5Department of Biostatistics, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Received 15 June 2011; Revised 26 September 2011; Accepted 29 November 2011
Academic Editor: Maria Luz Fernandez
Copyright © 2012 Alison A. Gustafson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Erica Cavanaugh, Giridhar Mallya, Colleen Brensinger, Ann Tierney, and Karen Glanz, “Nutrition environments in corner stores in Philadelphia,” Preventive Medicine, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 149–151, 2013.
- Alison Gustafson, Jay W. Christian, Sarah Lewis, Kate Moore, and Stephanie Jilcott, “Food venue choice, consumer food environment, but not food venue availability within daily travel patterns are associated with dietary intake among adults, Lexington Kentucky 2011,” Nutrition Journal, vol. 12, 2013.
- Sarah Misyak, Meredith Ledlie Johnson, Mary McFerren, and Elena Serrano, “Family Nutrition Program Assistants' Perception of Farmers' Markets, Alternative Agricultural Practices, and Diet Quality,” Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 2014.
- Sparkle Springfield, Joanna Buscemi, Marian Fitzgibbon, Melinda Stolley, Shannon N. Zenk, Linda Schiffer, Jameika Sampson, Quiana Jones, Tanine Murdock, Iona Davis, Loys Holland, April Watkins, and Angela Odoms-Young, “A randomized pilot study of a community–based weight loss intervention for African American women: Rationale and study design of Doing Me! Sisters Standing Together for a Healthy Mind and Body,” Contemporary Clinical Trials, 2015.
- Alexandra Feathers, Ana C. Aycinena, Gina S. Lovasi, Andrew Rundle, Ann Ogden Gaffney, John Richardson, Dawn Hershman, Pam Koch, Isobel Contento, and Heather Greenlee, “Food environments are relevant to recruitment and adherence in dietary modification trials,” Nutrition Research, 2015.
- Deborah J. Bowen, Wendy E. Barrington, and Shirley A.A. Beresford, “Identifying the Effects of Environmental and Policy Change Interventions on Healthy Eating,” Annual Review of Public Health, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 289–306, 2015.
- Brianne E. McCabe, Ronald C. Plotnikoff, Deborah L. Dewar, Clare E. Collins, and David R. Lubans, “Social Cognitive Mediators of Dietary Behavior Change in Adolescent Girls,” American Journal of Health Behavior, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 51–61, 2015.
- Midori Ishikawa, T. Yokoyama, Y. Takemi, Y. Fukuda, T. Nakaya, K. Kusama, N. Yoshiike, M. Nozue, K. Yoshiba, and N. Murayama, “Association between satisfaction with state of health and meals, physical condition and food diversity, health behavior, and perceptions of shopping difficulty among older people living alone in Japan,” The journal of nutrition, health & aging, 2016.
- Dara D. Mendez, Tiffany L. Gary-Webb, Rachel Goode, Yaguang Zheng, Christopher C. Imes, Anthony Fabio, Jessica Duell, and Lora E. Burke, “Neighborhood factors and six-month weight change among overweight individuals in a weight loss intervention,” Preventive Medicine Reports, 2016.
- Genevieve Mercille, Lucie Richard, Lise Gauvin, Yan Kestens, Bryna Shatenstein, Mark Daniel, and Helene Payette, “The food environment and diet quality of urban-dwelling older women and men: Assessing the moderating role of diet knowledge,” Canadian Journal Of Public Health-Revue Canadienne De Sante Publique, vol. 107, pp. ES34–ES41, 2016.
- Leslie A. Lytle, and Rebeccah L. Sokol, “Measures of the food environment: A systematic review of the field, 2007–2015,” Health & Place, vol. 44, pp. 18–34, 2017.