- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 653185, 7 pages
A Single Consumption of High Amounts of the Brazil Nuts Improves Lipid Profile of Healthy Volunteers
1Department of Chemistry, Natural and Exact Sciences Centers, Federal University of Santa Maria (UFSM), 97105900 Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
2Department of Nutrition, Center Franciscan University (UNIFRA), Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
3Clinical Laboratory Analysis, University Hospital, Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
4Lutheran University of Brazil (ULBRA), Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
5Department of Technology and Food and Science, Federal University of Santa Maria (UFSM), Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Received 20 April 2013; Revised 15 May 2013; Accepted 15 May 2013
Academic Editor: Cindy Davis
Copyright © 2013 Elisângela Colpo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Elisângela Colpo, Carlos Dalton D.A. Vilanova, Luiz Gustavo B. Reetz, Marta M.M. F. Duarte, Iria Luiza G. Farias, Daiane F. Meinerz, Douglas O.C. Mariano, Raquel G. Vendrusculo, Aline A. Boligon, Cristiane L. Dalla Corte, Roger Wagner, Margareth L. Athayde, and João Batista T.D. Rocha, “Brazilian nuts consumption by healthy volunteers improves inflammatory parameters,” Nutrition, 2013.
- M. B. Stockler-Pinto, O. Malm, C. Moraes, N. E. Farage, W. S. Silva, S. M. F. Cozzolino, and D. Mafra, “A Follow-up Study of the Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Treated with Brazil Nut: Focus on Inflammation and Oxidative Stress,” Biological Trace Element Research, 2014.
- Carol E. O’Neil, Victor L. Fulgoni, and Theresa A. Nicklas, “Tree Nut consumption is associated with better adiposity measures and cardiovascular and metabolic syndrome health risk factors in U.S. Adults: NHANES 2005–2010,” Nutrition Journal, vol. 14, no. 1, 2015.
- Milena Barcza Stockler-Pinto, Juan Jesus Carrero, Luciene de Carvalho Cardoso Weide, Silvia Maria Franciscato Cozzolino, and Denise Mafra, “Effect of selenium supplementation via Brazil nut (Bertholletia excelsa, HBK) on thyroid hormones levels in hemodialysis patients: a pilot study,” Nutricion Hospitalaria, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 1808–1812, 2015.
- B. Momčilović, J. Prejac, V. Višnjević, S. Brundić, A.A. Skalny, and N. Mimica, “High hair selenium mother to fetus transfer after the Brazil nuts consumption,” Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology, vol. 33, pp. 110–113, 2016.