- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 765383, 7 pages
Gynostemma pentaphyllum Tea Improves Insulin Sensitivity in Type 2 Diabetic Patients
1Endocrine and Diabetes Unit, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
2Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi 1000, Vietnam
3Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, National Institute of Gerontology, Hanoi 1000, Vietnam
4Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 2N2
Received 10 July 2012; Revised 6 December 2012; Accepted 11 December 2012
Academic Editor: Maurizio Muscaritoli
Copyright © 2013 V. T. T. Huyen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Faradianna E. Lokman, Harvest F. Gu, Wan Nazaimoon Wan Mohamud, Mashitah M. Yusoff, Keh Leong Chia, and Claes-Göran Östenson, “Antidiabetic Effect of Oral Borapetol B Compound, Isolated from the Plant Tinospora crispa, by Stimulating Insulin Release,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Osaronowen Egua Maxwell, Udo Etuk Emmanuel, Oricha Bello Shaibu, and Wara Hassan Sanusi, “Antidiabetic potential of liquid-liquid partition fractions of ethanolic seed extract of Corchorus olitorious,” Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytotherapy, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 4–9, 2014.
- Kaiser Hamid, Ali Alqahtani, Moon-Sun Kim, Jun-Lae Cho, Pei H. Cui, Chun Guang Li, Paul W. Groundwater, and George Q. Li, “Tetracyclic Triterpenoids in Herbal Medicines and their Activities in Diabetes and its Complications,” Current Topics In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 23, pp. 2406–2430, 2015.
- Ezarul Faradianna Lokman, Harvest F. Gu, Wan Nazaimoon Wan Mohamud, and Claes-Göran Östenson, “ Evaluation of Antidiabetic Effects of the Traditional Medicinal Plant Gynostemma pentaphyllum and the Possible Mechanisms of Insulin Release ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–7, 2015.
- Chenxue Zhang, Ruixin Lian, Mohammed Mahmoodurrahman, Sisi Lai, Zhongxiang Zhao, and Yang Yu, “Serum pharmacochemistry for tracking bioactive components by UPLC-Q-TOF-MS/MS combined chromatographic fingerprint for Quality Assessment of Sanziguben Granule,” Journal of Chromatography B, 2016.
- Letizia Polito, Massimo Bortolotti, Stefania Maiello, Maria Battelli, and Andrea Bolognesi, “Plants Producing Ribosome-Inactivating Proteins in Traditional Medicine,” Molecules, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1560, 2016.
- Lu Wang, Min Pang, Xiaobing Wang, Pan Wang, Yaping Xiao, and Quanhong Liu, “ Characteristics, composition, and antioxidant activities in vitro and in vivo of Gynostemma pentaphyllum (Thunb.) Makino seed oil ,” Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 2016.
- Verena Stadlbauer, Renate Haselgruebler, Peter Lanzerstorfer, Birgit Plochberger, Daniela Borgmann, Jaroslaw Jacak, Stephan M. Winkler, Klaus Schroeder, Otmar Hoeglinger, and Julian Weghuber, “Biomolecular Characterization of Putative Antidiabetic Herbal Extracts,” Plos One, vol. 11, no. 1, 2016.