Journal of Oncology / 2009 / Article / Tab 5

Review Article

Clinical Efficacy and Toxicity of Anti-EGFR Therapy in Common Cancers

Table 5

Selected clinical trials of sorafenib. PFS, progression free survival; OS, overall survival; PR, partial response; CR, complete response; HCC, hepatocellular carcinoma; RCC, renal cell carcinoma; TBRR, Tumor burden reduction rate.

MalignancyRegimenNumber of patientsResponse rateComments

RCCSorafenib vs. placebo [41]903 Resistant to standard therapySorafenib: Median PFS (5.5 mo) PR (10%) Placebo: Median PFS (2.8 mo) PR (2%)The OS showed reduced risk of death compared with placebo but the results were not statistically significant

HCCSorafenib vs. placebo [42]602 pts No previous therapySorafenib: Median OS (10.7 mo) Placebo: Median OS (7.9 mo)The median OS was significantly longer in patients who received Sorafenib HR (0.69),

Metastatic thyroid carcinomaSorafenib monotherapy [45]36 pts Metastatic, iodine-refractory thyroid carcinomaPR in 7 pts (21%) SD in 20 pts (59%)Significant anti-tumor activity with overall clinical benefit rate (PR + SD) of 80%

Article of the Year Award: Outstanding research contributions of 2020, as selected by our Chief Editors. Read the winning articles.