- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Oncology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 514310, 13 pages
The Role of Dysregulated Glucose Metabolism in Epithelial Ovarian Cancer
1Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 2W1
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4L8
3CIHR Group in Matrix Dynamics, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3E2
Received 29 April 2009; Accepted 3 December 2009
Academic Editor: Maurie M. Markman
Copyright © 2010 L. D. Kellenberger et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Anand Rotte, Venkanna Pasham, Melanie Eichenmueller, Madhuri Bhandaru, Michael Foeller, and Florian Lang, “Upregulation of Na+/H+ exchanger by the AMP-activated protein kinase,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 398, no. 4, pp. 677–682, 2010.
- Rexhep Rexhepaj, Anand Rotte, Shuchen Gu, Diana Michael, Venkanna Pasham, Kan Wang, Daniela S. Kempe, Teresa F. Ackermann, Bjoern Bruecher, Falko Fend, Michael Foeller, and Florian Lang, “Tumor suppressor gene adenomatous polyposis coli downregulates intestinal transport,” Pflugers Archiv-European Journal Of Physiology, vol. 461, no. 5, pp. 527–536, 2011.
- Tone Bjorge, Annekatrin Lukanova, Steinar Tretli, Jonas Manjer, Hanno Ulmer, Tanja Stocks, Randi Selmer, Gabriele Nagel, Martin Almquist, Hans Concin, Goran Hallmans, Hakan Jonsson, Christel Haggstrom, Par Stattin, and Anders Engeland, “Metabolic risk factors and ovarian cancer in the Metabolic Syndrome and Cancer project,” International Journal Of Epidemiology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1667–1677, 2011.
- J.-L. Brun, B. Boubli, and A.J. Sasco, “Epidemiología de los tumores del ovario,” EMC - Ginecología-Obstetricia, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 1–10, 2012.
- Juliana L. Abrantes, Cristiane M. Alves, Jessica Costa, Fabio C.L. Almeida, Mauro Sola-Penna, Carlos Frederico L. Fontes, and Thiago Moreno L. Souza, “Herpes simplex type 1 activates glycolysis through engagement of the enzyme 6-phosphofructo-1-kinase (PFK-1),” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, vol. 1822, no. 8, pp. 1198–1206, 2012.
- J.-L. Brun, B. Boubli, and A.J. Sasco, “Épidémiologie des tumeurs de l’ovaire,” EMC - Gynécologie, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- Gael L. M. Cagnone, Isabelle Dufort, Christian Vigneault, and Marc-Andre Sirard, “Differential Gene Expression Profile in Bovine Blastocysts Resulting from H yperglycemia Exposure During Early Cleavage Stages,” Biology of Reproduction, vol. 86, no. 2, 2012.
- Emma H Allott, Melissa J Morine, Joanne Lysaght, Sarah A McGarrigle, Claire L Donohoe, John V Reynolds, Helen M Roche, and Graham P Pidgeon, “Elevated Tumor Expression of PAI-1 and SNAI2 in Obese Esophageal Adenocarcinoma Patients and Impact on Prognosis.,” Clinical and translational gastroenterology, vol. 3, 2012.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Pioglitazone does not affect the risk of ovarian cancer: Analysis of a nationwide reimbursement database in Taiwan,” Gynecologic Oncology, 2013.
- Jung-Yun Lee, InPyo Jeon, Jae Weon Kim, Yong-Sang Song, Jae-Moon Yoon, and Sang Min Park, “Diabetes Mellitus and Ovarian Cancer Risk,” International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 402–412, 2013.
- Klaus Natter, and Sepp D. Kohlwein, “Yeast and cancer cells – common principles in lipid metabolism,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, vol. 1831, no. 2, pp. 314–326, 2013.
- Bola Olayanju, James Jensen Hampsey, and Michael Hampsey, “Genetic analysis of the Warburg effect in yeast,” Advances in Biological Regulation, 2014.
- Jiandong Wang, Xiaoli Ma, Hannah M. Jones, Leo Li-Ying Chan, Fang Song, Weiyuan Zhang, Victoria L. Bae-Jump, and Chunxiao Zhou, “Evaluation of the antitumor effects of c-Myc-Max heterodimerization inhibitor 100258-F4 in ovarian cancer cells,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 12, 2014.
- Shiyamala Duraipandian, Jianhua Mo, Wei Zheng, and Zhiwei Huang, “Near-infrared Raman spectroscopy for assessing biochemical changes of cervical tissue associated with precarcinogenic transformation,” The Analyst, vol. 139, no. 21, pp. 5379–5386, 2014.
- Hua-Fen Chen, Ya-Hui Chang, Ming-Chung Ko, and Chung-Yi Li, “A large scale population-based cohort study on the risk of ovarian neoplasm in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Gynecologic Oncology, 2014.
- Colin A. Ross, “The Trophoblast Model of Cancer,” Nutrition and Cancer, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- HyeRan Gwak, Guy Haegeman, Benjamin K. Tsang, and Yong Sang Song, “Cancer-specific interruption of glucose metabolism by resveratrol is mediated through inhibition of Akt/GLUT1 axis in ovarian cancer cells,” Molecular Carcinogenesis, 2014.
- Bipradeb Singha, Himavanth Gatla, and Ivana Vancurova, “Transcriptional Regulation of Chemokine Expression in Ovarian Cancer,” Biomolecules, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 223–243, 2015.
- Jia-Ying Fan, Yan Yang, Jing-Ying Xie, Yan-Ling Lu, Kun Shi, and Yan-Qing Huang, “MicroRNA-144 mediates metabolic shift in ovarian cancer cells by directly targeting Glut1,” Tumor Biology, 2015.