- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Oncology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 601682, 8 pages
Cucurbitacin B Causes Increased Radiation Sensitivity of Human Breast Cancer Cells via G2/M Cell Cycle Arrest
1Faculty of Medical Technology, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
2Free Radical and Radiation Biology Program, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
3Faculty of Science, Ramkhamhaeng University, Bangkok, Thailand
Received 23 January 2012; Accepted 27 March 2012
Academic Editor: Julian J. Raffoul
Copyright © 2012 Suwit Duangmano et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ahmed Aribi, Sigal Gery, Dhong Hyun Lee, Nils H. Thoennissen, Gabriela B. Thoennissen, Rocio Alvarez, Quoc Ho, Kunik Lee, Ngan B. Doan, Kin T. Chan, Melvin Toh, Jonathan W. Said, and H. Phillip Koeffler, “The triterpenoid cucurbitacin B augments the antiproliferative activity of chemotherapy in human breast cancer,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 132, no. 12, pp. 2730–2737, 2012.
- Silvia T Elias, Gabriel A Borges, Danilo A Amorim, Daniela F Rêgo, Luiz A Simeoni, Dâmaris Silveira, Yris Maria Fonseca-Bazzo, José E Paula, Christopher William Fagg, Ivelone M C Barros, Wenzel C Abreu, Décio S Pinto-Júnior, Pérola O Magalhães, Francisco A R Neves, Adriana Lofrano-Porto, and Eliete N S Guerra, “Radiation induced a supra-additive cytotoxic effect in head and neck carcinoma cell lines when combined with plant extracts from Brazilian Cerrado biome,” Clinical Oral Investigations, 2014.
- Hui Feng, Li Zang, Zhen-Xia Zhao, and Quan-Cheng Kan, “Cucurbitacin-E Inhibits Multiple Cancer Cells Proliferation Through Attenuation of Wnt/β-Catenin Signaling,” Cancer Biotherapy & Radiopharmaceuticals, pp. 140602135728005, 2014.
- Ritu Arora, Clayton Yates, Bernard D. Gary, Steven McClellan, Ming Tan, Yaguang Xi, Eddie Reed, Gary A. Piazza, Laurie B. Owen, and Windy Dean-Colomb, “Panepoxydone Targets NF-kB and FOXM1 to Inhibit Proliferation, Induce Apoptosis and Reverse Epithelial to Mesenchymal Transition in Breast Cancer,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 6, 2014.
- Yajuan Gao, Mohammad Shyful Islam, Jiang Tian, Vivian Wai Yan Lui, and Dong Xiao, “Inactivation of ATP citrate lyase by Cucurbitacin B: A bioactive compound from cucumber, inhibits prostate cancer growth,” Cancer Letters, 2014.
- S. Giri, C. R. Lokesh, and S. Sahu, “Luffa echinata: Healer plant or potential killer?,” Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 72–74, 2014.
- Liang Yang, Ren Liu, Hong-Bin Ma, Ming-Zhen Ying, and Ya-Jie Wang, “Radiosensitivity in HeLa cervical cancer cells overexpressing glutathione S-transferase pi 1,” Oncology Letters, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1473–1476, 2015.
- Lucas Lourenço Marostica, Izabella Thaís Silva, Jadel Müller Kratz, Lara Persich, Fabiana Cristina Geller, Karen Luise Lang, Miguel Soriano Balparda Caro, Fernando Javier Durán, Eloir Paulo Schenkel, and Cláudia Maria Oliveira Simões, “Synergistic Antiproliferative Effects of a New Cucurbitacin B Derivative and Chemotherapy Drugs on Lung Cancer Cell Line A549,” Chemical Research in Toxicology, pp. 150925073323006, 2015.
- Fardous F. El-Senduny, Farid A. Badria, Ahmed M. EL-Waseef, Subhash C. Chauhan, and Fathi Halaweish, “Approach for chemosensitization of cisplatin-resistant ovarian cancer by cucurbitacin B,” Tumor Biology, 2015.
- Yuee Cai, Xiefan Fang, Chengwei He, Peng Li, Fei Xiao, Yitao Wang, and Meiwan Chen, “Cucurbitacins: A Systematic Review of the Phytochemistry and Anticancer Activity,” The American Journal of Chinese Medicine, pp. 1–20, 2015.
- Sonam Sinha, Sajid Khan, Samriddhi Shukla, Amar Deep Lakra, Sudhir Kumar, Gunjan Das, Rakesh Maurya, and Syed Musthapa Meeran, “Cucurbitacin B inhibits breast cancer metastasis and angiogenesis through VEGF-mediated suppression of FAK/MMP-9 signaling axis,” The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, 2016.
- Nayanne Larissa Cunha, Gabriella Machado Teixeira, Thomas Duzzi Martins, Anderson Roberto Souza, Pollyana Francieli Oliveira, Guilherme Venancio Smaro, Karen Cristina Souza Rezende, Natalia dos Santos Goncalves, Daniel Gottardo Souza, Denise Crispim Tavares, Marcio Lus Andrade Silva, and Raquel Alves dos Santos, “(-)-Hinokinin Induces G2/M Arrest and Contributes to the Antiproliferative Effects of Doxorubicin in Breast Cancer Cells,” Planta Medica, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 530–538, 2016.
- Kejuan Li, Yue Yu, Shuang Sun, Ye Liu, Sukant Garg, Sunil C. Kaul, Zhongfang Lei, Ran Gao, Renu Wadhwa, and Zhenya Zhang, “Functional Characterisation of Anticancer Activity in the Aqueous Extract of Helicteres angustifolia L. Roots,” Plos One, vol. 11, no. 3, 2016.
- Dhara Sharma, Harish Chandra Goel, and Sonal Chauhan, “ Radioprotective potential of Lagenaria siceraria extract against radiation-induced gastrointestinal injury ,” Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 1248–1254, 2016.
- Naghma Khan, Farah Jajeh, Mohammad Imran Khan, Eiman Mukhtar, Sameh M. Shabana, and Hasan Mukhtar, “Sestrin-3 modulation is essential for therapeutic efficacy of cucurbitacin B in lung cancer cells,” Carcinogenesis, pp. bgw124, 2016.