- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 509038, 9 pages
The Use of Garcinia Extract (Hydroxycitric Acid) as a Weight loss Supplement: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Clinical Trials
Peninsula Medical School, University of Exeter, Devon EX2 4NT, UK
Received 13 May 2010; Revised 13 July 2010; Accepted 22 October 2010
Academic Editor: S. B. Heymsfield
Copyright © 2011 Igho Onakpoya et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ji-Eun Kim, Seon-Min Jeon, Ki Hun Park, Woo Song Lee, Tae-Sook Jeong, Robin A. McGregor, and Myung-Sook Choi, “Does Glycine max leaves or Garcinia Cambogia promote weight-loss or lower plasma cholesterol in overweight individuals: a randomized control trial,” Nutrition Journal, vol. 10, 2011.
- Norman J. Temple, “The Marketing of Dietary Supplements: A Canadian Perspective,” Current Nutrition Reports, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 167–173, 2013.
- Li Oon Chuah, Wan Yong Ho, Boon Kee Beh, and Swee Keong Yeap, “Updates on Antiobesity Effect of Garcinia Origin (−)-HCA,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–17, 2013.
- Frank Madeo, Federico Pietrocola, Tobias Eisenberg, and Guido Kroemer, “Caloric restriction mimetics: towards a molecular definition,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, 2014.
- Pee-Win Chong, Zhi-Ming Beah, Barbara Grube, and Linda Riede, “IQP-GC-101 Reduces Body Weight and Body Fat Mass: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study,” Phytotherapy Research, 2014.
- Annette M. Lopez, Joshua Kornegay, and Robert G. Hendrickson, “Serotonin Toxicity Associated with Garcinia cambogia Over-the-counter Supplement,” Journal of Medical Toxicology, 2014.
- Guillermo Marino, Federico Pietrocola, Tobias Eisenberg, Yongli Kong, Shoaib Ahmad Malik, Aleksandra Andryushkova, Sabrina Schroeder, Tobias Pendl, Alexandra Harger, Mireia Niso-Santano, Naoufal Zamzami, Marie Scoazec, Silvere Durand, David P. Enot, Alvaro F. Fernandez, Isabelle Martins, Oliver Kepp, Laura Senovilla, Chantal Bauvy, Eugenia Morselli, Erika Vacchelli, Martin Bennetzen, Christoph Magnes, Frank Sinner, Thomas Pieber, Carlos Lopez-Otin, Maria Chiara Maiuri, Patrice Codogno, Jens S. Andersen, Joseph A. Hill, and Guido Kroemer, “Regulation of Autophagy by Cytosolic Acetyl-Coenzyme A,” Molecular Cell, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 710–725, 2014.
- Guillermo Mariño, Federico Pietrocola, Frank Madeo, and Guido Kroemer, “Caloric restriction mimetics: natural/physiological pharmacological autophagy inducers,” Autophagy, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 1879–1882, 2014.
- Marcos A. Mayer, Graham Finlayson, Daniela Fischman, Carolina de Paz, Martín R. Telleriarte, Alejandro J. Ferrero, Cecilia Bobillo, and Belisario E. Fernández, “Evaluation of the satiating properties of a nutraceutical product containing Garcinia cambogia and Ascophyllum nodosum extracts in healthy volunteers,” Food & Function, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 773, 2014.
- Alireza Esteghamati, Tina Mazaheri, Mona Vahidi Rad, and Sina Noshad, “Complementary and Alternative Medicine for the Treatment of Obesity: A Critical Review,” International Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 13, no. 2, 2015.
- Sony S. Thazhath, Tongzhi Wu, Michelle J. Bound, Helen L. Checklin, Scott Standfield, Karen L. Jones, Michael Horowitz, and Christopher K. Rayner, “Effects of intraduodenal hydroxycitrate on glucose absorption, incretin release and glycemia in response to intraduodenal glucose infusion in health and type 2 diabetes – a randomised controlled trial (NUT-D-15-00649 revised version),” Nutrition, 2015.
- Jose Melendez-Rosado, David Snipelisky, Guatam Matcha, and Fernando Stancampiano, “Acute Hepatitis Induced by Pure Garcinia cambogia,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 449–450, 2015.
- Muhammad Taher, Mohamed Zaffar Ali Mohamed Amiroudine, Tengku Muhamad Faris Syafiq Tengku Zakaria, Deny Susanti, Solachuddin J. A. Ichwan, Mohd Arifin Kaderi, Qamar Uddin Ahmed, and Zainul Amiruddin Zakaria, “ α -Mangostin Improves Glucose Uptake and Inhibits Adipocytes Differentiation in 3T3-L1 Cells via PPAR γ , GLUT4, and Leptin Expressions ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- Adam Kinnaird, Steven Zhao, Kathryn E. Wellen, and Evangelos D. Michelakis, “Metabolic control of epigenetics in cancer,” Nature Reviews Cancer, 2016.
- Jan Martel, David M. Ojcius, Chih-Jung Chang, Chuan-Sheng Lin, Chia-Chen Lu, Yun-Fei Ko, Shun-Fu Tseng, Hsin-Chih Lai, and John D. Young, “Anti-obesogenic and antidiabetic effects of plants and mushrooms,” Nature Reviews Endocrinology, 2016.
- Federico Pietrocola, Jonathan Pol, Erika Vacchelli, Shuan Rao, David P. Enot, Elisa E. Baracco, Sarah Levesque, Francesca Castoldi, Nicolas Jacquelot, Takahiro Yamazaki, Laura Senovilla, Guillermo Marino, Fernando Aranda, Sylvère Durand, Valentina Sica, Alexis Chery, Sylvie Lachkar, Verena Sigl, Norma Bloy, Aitziber Buque, Simonetta Falzoni, Bernhard Ryffel, Lionel Apetoh, Francesco Di Virgilio, Frank Madeo, Maria Chiara Maiuri, Laurence Zitvogel, Beth Levine, Josef M. Penninger, and Guido Kroemer, “Caloric Restriction Mimetics Enhance Anticancer Immunosurveillance,” Cancer Cell, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 147–160, 2016.
- Maria Eliza de Castro Moreira, Dorina Isabel Gomes Natal, Renata Celi Lopes Toledo, Natalia Medina Ramirez, Sonia Machado Rocha Ribeiro, Laércio dos Anjos Benjamin, Leandro Licursi de Oliveira, Dayana Alves Rodrigues, Jacinto Demuner Antônio, Marcia Paranho Veloso, Marcelo Henrique Dos Santos, and Hercia Stampini Duarte Martino, “Bacupari peel extracts (Garcinia brasiliensis) reduce high-fat diet-induced obesity in rats,” Journal of Functional Foods, vol. 29, pp. 143–153, 2017.