- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 597871, 10 pages
An Update on Less Invasive and Endoscopic Techniques Mimicking the Effect of Bariatric Surgery
1Department of General Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Centre, P.O. Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
2Department of Surgery, Bariatric Centre Lievensberg Hospital, P.O. Box 135, 4600 AC Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
3Department of General Surgery, Atrium Medical Parkstad Centre, 6401 CX Heerlen, The Netherlands
4Department of Gastroenterology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, P.O. Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Received 20 January 2012; Revised 2 April 2012; Accepted 30 April 2012
Academic Editor: Bernhard Breier
Copyright © 2012 Froukje J. Verdam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Veronica Baptista, and Wahid Wassef, “Bariatric procedures,” Current Opinion in Gastroenterology, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 684–693, 2013.
- Regina Patricia Schukro, Christoph Heiserer, Andrea Michalek-Sauberer, Andreas Gleiss, and Sabine Sator-Katzenschlager, “The Effects of Auricular Electroacupuncture on Obesity in Female Patients- a Prospective Randomized Placebo-controlled Pilot Study,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2013.
- Antonio Jesús Martínez-Ortega, Alberto Aliaga-Verdugo, José Luis Pereira-Cunill, Ignacio Jiménez-Varo, Ana R. Romero-Lluch, Salvador Sobrino-Rodríguez, Ovidio Belda-Laguna, and Pedro Pablo García-Luna, “Intraluminal/endoscopic procedures in the treatment of obesity,” Endocrinología y Nutrición (English Edition), 2014.
- Paulo Sakai, and Joel Faintuch, “Evolving endoscopic surgery,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1132–1138, 2014.
- Kim T. Nguyen, and Judith Korner, “The Sum of Many Parts: Potential Mechanisms for Improvement in Glucose Homeostasis After Bariatric Surgery,” Current Diabetes Reports, vol. 14, no. 5, 2014.
- Luca Busetto, John Dixon, Maurizio Luca, Scott Shikora, Walter Pories, and Luigi Angrisani, “Bariatric Surgery in Class I Obesity,” Obesity Surgery, 2014.
- Ovidio Belda-Laguna, Pedro Pablo García-Luna, Antonio Jesús Martínez-Ortega, Alberto Aliaga-Verdugo, José Luis Pereira-Cunill, Ignacio Jiménez-Varo, Ana R. Romero-Lluch, and Salvador Sobrino-Rodríguez, “Procedimientos endoluminales/endoscópicos en el tratamiento de la obesidad,” Endocrinología y Nutrición, 2014.
- Geoffroy Vanbiervliet, Eduardo Aimore Bonin, Rodrigo Garces, Jean-Michel Gonzalez, Emmanuelle Garnier, Marie Christine Saint Paul, Stephane Berdah, and Marc Barthet, “Gastrojejunal anastomosis using a tissue-apposing stent: a safety and feasibility study in live pigs,” Endoscopy, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 871–877, 2014.
- Reem Z. Sharaiha, Prashant Kedia, Nikhil Kumta, Ersilia M. DeFilippis, Monica Gaidhane, Alpana Shukla, Louis J. Aronne, and Michel Kahaleh, “Initial experience with endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty: technical success and reproducibility in the bariatric population,” Endoscopy, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 164–166, 2015.
- Tessa Verlaan, Givan F. Paulus, Elisabeth M. H. Mathus-Vliegen, Elisabeth A. M. L. Veldhuyzen, Jose M. Conchillo, Nicole D. Bouvy, and Paul Fockens, “Endoscopic gastric volume reduction with a novel articulating plication device is safe and effective in the treatment of obesity (with video),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 312–320, 2015.
- Daunia Verdi, Luca Prevedello, Alice Albanese, Andrea Lobba, and Mirto Foletto, “Laparoscopic Gastric Plication (LGCP) Vs Sleeve Gastrectomy (LSG): A Single Institution Experience,” Obesity Surgery, 2015.
- D. Val-Laillet, E. Aarts, B. Weber, M. Ferrari, V. Quaresima, L.E. Stoeckel, M. Alonso-Alonso, M. Audette, C.H. Malbert, and E. Stice, “Neuroimaging and neuromodulation approaches to study eating behavior and prevent and treat eating disorders and obesity,” NeuroImage: Clinical, vol. 8, pp. 1–31, 2015.
- Robert D. Fanelli, and Brandon D. Andrew, “Is Endoluminal Bariatric Therapy a New Paradigm of Treatment for Obesity?,” Clinical Gastroenterology And Hepatology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 507–515, 2016.
- Cynthia E. Weber, Eric Marcotte, and Bipan Chand, “Small intestinal interventions including barriers, duodenal mucosal resurfacing, and other small bowel strategies,” Techniques in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2016.
- Davor Štimac, Sanja Klobučar Majanović, and Milan Ličina, “Recent Trends in Endoscopic Management of Obesity,” Surgical Innovation, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 525–537, 2016.
- Hyuk Soon Choi, and Hoon Jai Chun, “Recent Trends in Endoscopic Bariatric Therapies,” Clinical Endoscopy, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 11–16, 2017.