- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 597924, 8 pages
Fast Food Consumption, Quality of Diet, and Obesity among Isfahanian Adolescent Girls
1Food Security Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
2Department of Community Nutrition, School of Nutrition and Food Science, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Received 2 January 2012; Revised 11 March 2012; Accepted 19 March 2012
Academic Editor: Jack A. Yanovski
Copyright © 2012 Mohammad Hossein Rouhani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Agnieszka Jaworowska, Toni Blackham, Ian G. Davies, and Leonard Stevenson, “Nutritional challenges and health implications of takeaway and fast food,” Nutrition Reviews, vol. 71, no. 5, pp. 310–318, 2013.
- Gholamreza Sharifirad, Parastoo Yarmohammadi, Leila Azadbakht, Mohammad Ali Morowatisharifabad, and Akbar Hassanzadeh, “Determinants of Fast Food Consumption among Iranian High School Students Based on Planned Behavior Theory,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- M. H. Rouhani, A. Salehi-Abargouei, P. J. Surkan, and L. Azadbakht, “Is there a relationship between red or processed meat intake and obesity? A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies,” Obesity Reviews, 2014.
- Roya Kelishadi, Ali-Akbar Haghdoost, Behnam Sadeghirad, and Razieh Khajehkazemi, “Trend in the prevalence of obesity and overweight among Iranian children and adolescents: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” Nutrition, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 393–400, 2014.
- Sudip Datta Banik, Ana Carolina Andrade Olalde, Luis Rodriguez, and Federico Dickinson, “The effect of socioeconomic indicators and macronutrient intake rate on body composition in adolescents 12 to 16 years old in Merida, Yucatan,” Anthropologischer Anzeiger, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 347–368, 2014.
- Leila Azadbakht, Vajihe Izadi, and Ahmad Esmaillzadeh, “The Importance of the First Mealtime in Prevalence of Overweightness and Obesity Among Female Adolescents in Isfahan,” International Journal of School Health, vol. 1, no. 3, 2014.
- Guiju Sun, Genmei Jia, Honglei Peng, Barbra Dickerman, Charlene Compher, and Jianghong Liu, “Trends of Childhood Obesity in China and Associated Factors,” Clinical Nursing Research, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 156–171, 2015.
- Sahar Saraf-Bank, Ahmad Esmaillzadeh, Elham Faghihimani, and Leila Azadbakht, “Effects of Legume-Enriched Diet on Cardiometabolic Risk Factors among Individuals at Risk for Diabetes: A Crossover Study,” Journal of the American College of Nutrition, pp. 1–10, 2015.
- Leila Azadbakht, Maryam Hajishafiee, Jafar Golshahi, and Ahmad Esmaillzadeh, “Snacking Behavior and Obesity among Female Adolescents in Isfahan, Iran,” Journal of the American College of Nutrition, pp. 1–8, 2015.
- Bokim Lee, “Association between Sleep Duration and Body Mass Index among South Korean Adolescents,” Korean Journal of Health Promotion, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 16, 2015.
- Leila Azadbakht, Fahimeh Haghighatdoost, and Ahmad Esmaillzadeh, “White Rice Consumption, Body Mass Index, and Waist Circumference among Iranian Female Adolescents,” Journal of the American College of Nutrition, pp. 1–9, 2016.
- Hesamedin Askari Majdabadi, Ali Montazeri, Davoud Shojaeizadeh, Saharnaz Nedjat, Farideh Khalajabadi Farahani, Abolghasem Djazayeri, Mohsen Asadi-Lari, and Mahnaz Solhi, “Parents’ and Stakeholders’ Perspectives on Strategies to Reduce Fast Food Consumption Among Iranian Adolescents: A Qualitative Study,” Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal, vol. InPress, no. InPress, 2016.
- Mohammad Hossein Rouhani, Fahimeh Haghighatdoost, Pamela J. Surkan, and Leila Azadbakht, “Associations between dietary energy density and obesity: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies,” Nutrition, 2016.
- Seyedeh Parisa Moosavian, Fahimeh Haghighatdoost, Pamela J. Surkan, and Leila Azadbakht, “Salt and obesity: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies,” International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, pp. 1–16, 2016.
- Hesamedin Askari Majabadi, Mahnaz Solhi, Ali Montazeri, Davoud Shojaeizadeh, Saharnaz Nejat, Farideh Khalajabadi Farahani, and Abolghasem Djazayeri, “Factors Influencing Fast-Food Consumption Among Adolescents in Tehran: A Qualitative Study,” Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal, vol. InPress, no. InPress, 2016.
- Mohammad Hossein Rouhani, Mojgan Mortazavi Najafabadi, Ahmad Esmaillzadeh, Awat Feizi, and Leila Azadbakht, “Dietary Energy Density, Renal Function, and Progression of Chronic Kidney Disease,” Advances in Medicine, vol. 2016, pp. 1–7, 2016.
- Mohammad Hossein Rouhani, Pamela J. Surkan, and Leila Azadbakht, “The effect of preload/meal energy density on energy intake in a subsequent meal: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” Eating Behaviors, 2017.