- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 708505, 14 pages
Influence of Weight Loss, Body Composition, and Lifestyle Behaviors on Plasma Adipokines: A Randomized Weight Loss Trial in Older Men and Women with Symptomatic Knee Osteoarthritis
1Department of Health and Exercise Science, Wake Forest University, Reynolda Station, P.O. Box 7868 Winston-Salem, NC 27109, USA
2Department of Biology, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC 27109, USA
3Department of Mathematics, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC 27109, USA
Received 31 August 2012; Revised 15 November 2012; Accepted 19 November 2012
Academic Editor: Renato Pasquali
Copyright © 2012 Gary D. Miller et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jin-Fang Ge, Cong-Cong Qi, and Jiang-Ning Zhou, “Imbalance of leptin pathway and hypothalamus synaptic plasticity markers are associated with stress-induced depression in rats,” Behavioural Brain Research, vol. 249, pp. 38–43, 2013.
- M. A. Plow, S. Moore, M. Elaine Husni, and J. P. Kirwan, “A systematic review of behavioural techniques used in nutrition and weight loss interventions among adults with mobility-impairing neurological and musculoskeletal conditions,” Obesity Reviews, 2014.
- Ana Isabel Gutierrez Hervas, Manuel Reig Garcia-Galbis, Ma Mercedes Rizo Baeza, Ernesto Cortes Castell, Norma Mur Villar, and M. J. Aguilar Cordero, “Measurement Units Used In Treatments To Reduce Weight And Obesity. Systematic Review,” Nutricion Hospitalaria, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 478–485, 2014.
- Julio César Sánchez Naranjo, Diego Fernando López Zapata, and Oscar Alonso Pinzón Duque, “Osteoartritis, obesidad y síndrome metabólico,” Revista Colombiana de Reumatología, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 146–154, 2014.
- Xia Wang, David Hunter, Jianhua Xu, and Changhai Ding, “Metabolic triggered inflammation in osteoarthritis,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2014.
- Jean-Pierre Raynauld, Jean-Pierre Pelletier, Camille Roubille, Marc Dorais, François Abram, Wei Li, Yuanyuan Wang, Jessica Fairley, Flavia M. Cicuttini, and Johanne Martel-Pelletier, “Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Assessed Vastus Medialis Muscle Fat Content and Risk for Knee Osteoarthritis Progression: Relevance From a Clinical Trial,” Arthritis Care & Research, vol. 67, no. 10, pp. 1406–1415, 2015.
- A. Salehi-Abargouei, V. Izadi, and L. Azadbakht, “The Effect of Low Calorie Diet on Adiponectin Concentration: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis,” Hormone And Metabolic Research, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 549–555, 2015.
- G. Spahn, A. Lesser, G. O. Hofmann, and R. Schiele, “Knee-related Pain Problems during Pregnancy Correlate with an Increase in Body Weight. Results of a Prospective Study,” Zeitschrift Fur Geburtshilfe Und Neonatologie, vol. 219, no. 5, pp. 213–219, 2015.
- John A. Batsis, Lydia E. Gill, Rebecca K. Masutani, Anna M. Adachi-Mejia, Heather B. Blunt, Pamela J. Bagley, Francisco Lopez-Jimenez, and Stephen J. Bartels, “Weight Loss Interventions in Older Adults with Obesity: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials Since 2005,” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 2016.
- Janet L. Huebner, Lawrence R. Landerman, Tamara J. Somers, Francis J. Keefe, Farshid Guilak, James A. Blumenthal, David S. Caldwell, and Virginia B. Kraus, “Exploratory Secondary Analyses of a Cognitive-Behavioral Intervention for Knee Osteoarthritis Demonstrate Reduction in Biomarkers of Adipocyte Inflammation,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2016.