- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 894894, 13 pages
Comparing Years of Healthy Life, Measured in 16 Ways, for Normal Weight and Overweight Older Adults
1Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
2Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
3Department of Psychiatry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
4Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Puget Sound VA Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
5Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
6Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
7Department of Epidemiology and Center for Aging and Population Research, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Received 14 November 2011; Revised 17 February 2012; Accepted 7 March 2012
Academic Editor: Francisco Lopez-Jimenez
Copyright © 2012 Paula Diehr et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Stephen Thielke, and Paula Diehr, “Transitions among Health States Using 12 Measures of Successful Aging in Men and Women: Results from the Cardiovascular Health Study,” Journal of Aging Research, vol. 2012, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- P. Manu, C.-U. Correll, M. Wampers, R. van Winkel, W. Yu, D. Shiffeldrim, and M. De Hert, “Dysmetabolic features of the overweight patients receiving antipsychotic drugs: A comparison with normal weight and obese subjects,” European Psychiatry, 2013.
- W. T. Longstreth, Paula H. Diehr, Laura M. Yee, Anne B. Newman, and Norman J. Beauchamp, “Brain Imaging Findings in Elderly Adults and Years of Life, Healthy Life, and Able Life over the Ensuing 16 Years: The Cardiovascular Health Study,” Journal of The American Geriatrics Society, vol. 62, no. 10, pp. 1838–1843, 2014.
- Vincent S. Fan, Emily R. Locke, Paula Diehr, Anthony Wilsdon, Paul Enright, Sachin Yende, Mark Avdalovic, Graham Barr, Vishesh K. Kapur, Rachel Thomas, Jerry A. Krishnan, Gina Lovasi, and Stephen Thielke, “Disability and Recovery of Independent Function in Obstructive Lung Disease: The Cardiovascular Health Study,” Respiration, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 329–338, 2014.
- Yanbo Zhu, Qi Wang, Guoming Pang, Lin Lin, Hideki Origasa, Yangyang Wang, Jie Di, Mai Shi, Chunpok Fan, and Huimei Shi, “Association between Body Mass Index and Health-Related Quality of Life: The "Obesity Paradox" in 21,218 Adults of the Chinese General Population,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 6, 2015.