- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 276318, 10 pages
Obesity and Other Correlates of Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviors among US High School Students
1Division of Adolescent and School Health, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, NE (Mailstop K-33), Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
2Division of Population Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
3Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Received 30 November 2012; Accepted 8 March 2013
Academic Editor: Terry Huang
Copyright © 2013 Richard Lowry et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yves Henchoz, Joseph Studer, Stéphane Deline, Alexandra A. N’Goran, Stéphanie Baggio, and Gerhard Gmel, “Video gaming disorder and sport and exercise in emerging adulthood: a longitudinal study,” Behavioral Medicine, pp. 00–00, 2014.
- Gill A. ten Hoor, Guy Plasqui, Annemie M. W. J. Schols, and Gerjo Kok, “Combating adolescent obesity: an integrated physiological and psychological perspective,” Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 521–524, 2014.
- Erica A. Hinckson, Scott Duncan, Melody Oliver, Suzanne Mavoa, Ester Cerin, Hannah Badland, Tom Stewart, Vivienne Ivory, Julia McPhee, and Grant Schofield, “Built environment and physical activity in New Zealand adolescents: a protocol for a cross-sectional study,” Bmj Open, vol. 4, no. 4, 2014.
- Nara Michelle Moura Soares, Arley Santos Leão, Josivan Rosa Santos, Glauber Rocha Monteiro, Jorge Rollemberg dos Santos, Sara Maria Thomazzi, and Roberto Jerônimo dos Santos Silva, “Systematic Review Shows Only Few Reliable Studies of Physical Activity Intervention in Adolescents,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Vesna Lesjak, and Olivera Stanojevic-Jerkovic, “Physical Activity, Sedentary Behavior And Substance Use Among Adolescents In Slovenian Urban Area,” Zdravstveno Varstvo, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 168–174, 2015.
- Dana Lee Olstad, Elizabeth J Campbell, Kim D Raine, and Candace IJ Nykiforuk, “A multiple case history and systematic review of adoption, diffusion, implementation and impact of provincial daily physical activity policies in Canadian schools,” BMC Public Health, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Flávio Ricardo Guilherme, Carlos Alexandre Molena-Fernandes, Vânia Renata Guilherme, Maria Teresa Martins Fávero, Eliane Josefa Barbosa dos Reis, and Wilson Rinaldi, “Physical inactivity and anthropometric measures in schoolchildren from Paranavaí, Paraná, Brazil,” Revista Paulista de Pediatria (English Edition), vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 50–55, 2015.
- Yang Bai, Senlin Chen, Spyridoula Vazou, Gregory J. Welk, and Jodee Schaben, “Mediated Effects of Perceived Competence on Youth Physical Activity and Sedentary Behavior,” Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, pp. 1–8, 2015.
- Flávio Ricardo Guilherme, Carlos Alexandre Molena‐Fernandes, Vânia Renata Guilherme, Maria Teresa Martins Fávero, Eliane Josefa Barbosa dos Reis, and Wilson Rinaldi, “Inatividade física e medidas antropométricas em escolares de Paranavaí, Paraná, Brasil,” Revista Paulista de Pediatria, 2015.
- Heidi Ruotsalainen, Helvi Kyngäs, Tuija Tammelin, Hanna Heikkinen, and Maria Kääriäinen, “Effectiveness of Facebook-Delivered Lifestyle Counselling and Physical Activity Self-Monitoring on Physical Activity and Body Mass Index in Overweight and Obese Adolescents: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Nursing Research and Practice, vol. 2015, pp. 1–14, 2015.
- Kathleen B. Watson, Carmen D. Harris, Susan A. Carlson, Joan M. Dorn, and Janet E. Fulton, “Disparities in Adolescents’ Residence in Neighborhoods Supportive of Physical Activity — United States, 2011–2012,” MMWR. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, vol. 65, no. 23, pp. 598–601, 2016.
- Susan Paudel, Narayan Subedi, and Suresh Mehata, “Physical Activity Level and Associated Factors Among Higher Secondary School Students in Banke, Nepal: A Cross-Sectional Study,” Journal Of Physical Activity & Health, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 168–176, 2016.
- Shannon L. Michael, Edward Coffield, Sarah M. Lee, and Janet E. Fulton, “Variety, Enjoyment, and Physical Activity Participation Among High School Students,” Journal Of Physical Activity & Health, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 223–230, 2016.
- Duygu Arikan, and Pinar Bekar, “Children’s Eating Habits and Obesity While Watching Television,” Iranian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. InPress, no. InPress, 2016.
- Johanne Langlois, Abdou Y Omorou, Anne Vuillemin, Serge Briançon, and Edith Lecomte, “Association of socioeconomic, school-related and family factors and physical activity and sedentary behaviour among adolescents: multilevel analysis of the PRALIMAP trial inclusion data,” BMC Public Health, vol. 17, no. 1, 2017.
- Christopher C. Cushing, Tarrah B. Mitchell, Carolina M. Bejarano, Ryan W. Walters, Christopher J. Crick, and Amy E. Noser, “Bidirectional Associations Between Psychological States and Physical Activity in Adolescents: A mHealth Pilot Study,” Journal of Pediatric Psychology, pp. jsw099, 2017.
- Alicia Ruiz-Trasserra, Anna Pérez, Xavier Continente, Kerry O’Brien, Montse Bartroli, Ester Teixidó-Compaño, and Albert Espelt, “Patterns of physical activity and associated factors among teenagers from Barcelona (Spain) in 2012,” Gaceta Sanitaria, 2017.