- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 159167, 6 pages
Prevalence, Demographics, and Treatment Characteristics of Visual Impairment due to Diabetic Macular Edema in a Representative Canadian Cohort
1Aging, Rehabilitation and Geriatric Care Program, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, ON, Canada N6C 2R5
2Individual Health Outcomes Inc., ON, Canada N5X 3W7
3Parkwood Hospital, Aging, Rehabilitation and Geriatric Care Research Center, B-3002, 801 Commissioners Rd E., London, ON, Canada N6C 5J1
4Outcomes Research, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc., Dorval, QC, Canada H9S 1A9
Received 20 June 2012; Revised 10 November 2012; Accepted 11 November 2012
Academic Editor: Andrew G. Lee
Copyright © 2012 Robert J. Petrella et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Romero-Aroca, “Targeting the pathophysiology of diabetic macular edema,” Diabetes Care, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 2484–2485, 2010.
- Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study Group, “Photocoagulation for diabetic macular edema. Early treatment diabetic retinopathy study report number 1. Early treatment diabetic retinopathy study research group,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 103, no. 12, pp. 1796–1806, 1985.
- AA Fareed, “A review of diabetic macular edema,” Digital Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 3, no. 6, 1997.
- R. Klein, M. D. Knudtson, K. E. Lee, R. Gangnon, and B. E. K. Klein, “The wisconsin epidemiologic study of diabetic retinopathy XXIII: the twenty-five-year incidence of macular edema in persons with type 1 diabetes,” Ophthalmology, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 497–503, 2009.
- N. H. White, W. Sun, P. A. Cleary et al., “Effect of prior intensive therapy in type 1 diabetes on 10-year progression of retinopathy in the DCCT/EDIC: comparison of adults and adolescents,” Diabetes, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1244–1253, 2010.
- R. Williams, M. Airey, H. Baxter, J. Forrester, T. Kennedy-Martin, and A. Girach, “Epidemiology of diabetic retinopathy and macular oedema: a systematic review,” Eye, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 963–983, 2004.
- R. J. Petrella, E. P. Merikle, and J. Jones, “Prevalence, treatment, and control of hypertension in primary care: gaps, trends, and opportunities,” Journal of Clinical Hypertension, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 28–35, 2007.
- R. J. Petrella, E. Merikle, and J. Jones, “Prevalence and treatment of dyslipidemia in canadian primary care: a retrospective cohort analysis,” Clinical Therapeutics, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 742–750, 2007.
- R. J. Petrella and E. Merikle, “A retrospective analysis of the prevalence and treatment of hypertension and dyslipidemia in Southwestern Ontario, Canada,” Clinical Therapeutics, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 1145–1154, 2008.
- R. Petrella and C. Massien, “Poster presentation: what is the impact of switching from an ACE inhibitor to an angiotensin receptor blocker on blood pressure and cardiovascular events?” in Proceedings of the 15th Annual International Meeting International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR '10), May 2010.
- E. Chen, M. Looman, M. Laouri et al., “Burden of illness of diabetic macular edema: literature review,” Current Medical Research and Opinion, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1587–1597, 2010.
- D. J. Browning, M. M. Altaweel, N. M. Bressler, S. B. Bressler, and I. U. Scott, “Diabetic macular edema: what is focal and what is diffuse?” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 146, no. 5, pp. 649–655.e6, 2008.