- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 406850, 12 pages
Collagen Cross-Linking: Current Status and Future Directions
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Rostock, Doberaner Strasse 140, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Received 31 March 2011; Revised 2 November 2011; Accepted 20 November 2011
Academic Editor: Sunil Shah
Copyright © 2012 Marine Hovakimyan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jiong Wang, Tanja Stachon, Timo Eppig, Achim Langenbucher, Berthold Seitz, and Nóra Szentmáry, “Impact of photodynamic inactivation (PDI) using the photosensitizer chlorin e6 on viability, apoptosis, and proliferation of human corneal endothelial cells,” Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, vol. 251, no. 4, pp. 1199–1204, 2013.
- Rebecca McQuaid, JiaJun Li, Arthur Cummings, Michael Mrochen, and Brian Vohnsen, “Second-Harmonic Reflection Imaging of Normal and Accelerated Corneal Crosslinking Using Porcine Corneas and the Role of Intraocular Pressure,” Cornea, pp. 1, 2013.
- Anna Hellander-Edman, Jes Mortensen, Bjorn Ekesten, and Karim Makdoumi, “Corneal cross-linking in 9 horses with ulcerative keratitis,” Bmc Veterinary Research, vol. 9, 2013.
- Rasik B Vajpayee, Shah N Shafi, Prafulla K Maharana, Namrata Sharma, and Vishal Jhanji, “Evaluation of corneal collagen cross-linking as an additional therapy in mycotic keratitis,” Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology, 2014.
- Carsten Schuldt, Anett Karl, Nicole Körber, Christian Koch, Qing Liu, Anatol W. Fritsch, Andreas Reichenbach, Peter Wiedemann, Josef A. Käs, Mike Francke, and Hans Peter Iseli, “Dose-dependent collagen cross-linking of rabbit scleral tissue by blue light and riboflavin treatment probed by dynamic shear rheology,” Acta Ophthalmologica, 2014.
- Hesam Hashemian, Mahmoud Jabbarvand, Mehdi Khodaparast, and Kambiz Ameli, “Evaluation of Corneal Changes After Conventional Versus Accelerated Corneal Cross-linking: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 837–842, 2014.
- Gregory N. Grover, Nikhil Rao, and Karen L. Christman, “Myocardial matrix-polyethylene glycol hybrid hydrogels for tissue engineering,” Nanotechnology, vol. 25, no. 1, 2014.
- Radhakrishnan Sridhar, Kalaipriya Madhaiyan, Subramanian Sundarrajan, Aleksander Góra, Jayarama Reddy Venugopal, and Seeram Ramakrishna, “Cross-linking of protein scaffolds for therapeutic applications: PCL nanofibers delivering riboflavin for protein cross-linking,” Journal of Materials Chemistry B, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 1626, 2014.
- Amanda C. da Paz, Patrícia A. Bersanetti, Marcella Q. Salomão, Renato Ambrósio, and Paulo Schor, “Theoretical Basis, Laboratory Evidence, and Clinical Research of Chemical Surgery of the Cornea: Cross-Linking,” Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Xiaokun Wang, Yong Huang, Sabah Jastaneiah, Shoumyo Majumdar, Jin U. Kang, Samuel C. Yiu, Walter Stark, and Jennifer H. Elisseeff, “Protective Effects of Soluble Collagen during Ultraviolet-A Crosslinking on Enzyme-Mediated Corneal Ectatic Models,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 9, 2015.
- Anton Semchishen, Michael Mrochen, and Vladimir Semchishen, “Model for Optimization of the UV-A/Riboflavin Strengthening (cross-linking) of the Cornea: Percolation Threshold,” Photochemistry and Photobiology, 2015.
- Cristina Labate, Maria Penelope De Santo, Giuseppe Lombardo, and Marco Lombardo, “Understanding of the Viscoelastic Response of the Human Corneal Stroma Induced by Riboflavin/UV-A Cross-Linking at the Nano Level,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 4, 2015.
- Jiseung Heo, Rachel H. Koh, Whuisu Shim, Hwan D. Kim, Hyun-Gu Yim, and Nathaniel S. Hwang, “Riboflavin-induced photo-crosslinking of collagen hydrogel and its application in meniscus tissue engineering,” Drug Delivery and Translational Research, 2015.
- Muhammet Bahattin Kır, Kemal Türkyılmaz, and Veysi Öner, “Transepithelial High-Intensity Cross-Linking for the Treatment of Progressive Keratoconus: 2-year Outcomes,” Current Eye Research, pp. 1–4, 2016.
- Amani E Badawi, “Visual and topographic impacts of trans-epithelial versus epithelium-off corneal collagen cross-linking in adult keratoconus,” Journal of Eye and Ophthalmology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1, 2016.