- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 851648, 6 pages
Predictive Factors in OCT Analysis for Visual Outcome in Exudative AMD
1University Eye Clinic, Franz-Josef-Strauss Allee 11, 93051 Regensburg, Germany
2IFE Europe GmbH, Zeche Katharina 6, 45307 Essen, Germany
Received 1 December 2011; Accepted 9 January 2012
Academic Editor: Raimondo Forte
Copyright © 2012 Maria-Andreea Gamulescu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Mitchell, J. F. Korobelnik, P. Lanzetta et al., “Ranibizumab (Lucentis) in neovascular age-related macular degeneration: evidence from clinical trials,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 2–13, 2010.
- U. Chakravarthy, A. P. Adamis, E. T. Cunningham Jr, et al., “Year 2 efficacy results of 2 randomized controlled clinical trials of pegaptanib for neovascular age-related macular degeneration. VEGF inhibition study in ocular neovascularization (V.I.S.I.O.N.) clinical trial group,” Ophthalmology, vol. 113, no. 9, pp. 1508.e1–1508.e25, 2006.
- Z. F. Bashshur, Z. A. Haddad, A. R. Schakal, R. F. Jaafar, A. Saad, and B. N. Noureddin, “Intravitreal bevacizumab for treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration: the second year of a prospective study,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 59–e1, 2009.
- V. J. Srinivasan, B. K. Monson, M. Wojtkowski et al., “Characterization of outer retinal morphology with high-speed, ultrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomography,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 1571–1579, 2008.
- C. Ahlers, W. Geitzenauer, G. Stock, I. Golbaz, U. Schmidt-Erfurth, and C. Prünte, “Alterations of intraretinal layers in acute central serous chorioretinopathy,” Acta Ophthalmologica, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 511–516, 2009.
- A. Oishi, A. Otani, M. Sasahara et al., “Photoreceptor integrity and visual acuity in cystoid macular oedema associated with retinitis pigmentosa,” Eye, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1411–1416, 2009.
- M. Ota, A. Tsujikawa, M. Kita et al., “Integrity of foveal photoreceptor layer in central retinal vein occlusion,” Retina, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1502–1508, 2008.
- H. Matsumoto, T. Sato, and S. Kishi, “Outer Nuclear Layer Thickness at the Fovea Determines Visual Outcomes in Resolved Central Serous Chorioretinopathy,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 105–e1, 2009.
- H. Hayashi, K. Yamashiro, A. Tsujikawa, M. Ota, A. Otani, and N. Yoshimura, “Association between Foveal Photoreceptor Integrity and Visual Outcome in Neovascular Age-related Macular Degeneration,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 83–e1, 2009.
- A. Sakamoto, K. Nishijima, M. Kita, H. Oh, A. Tsujikawa, and N. Yoshimura, “Association between foveal photoreceptor status and visual acuity after resolution of diabetic macular edema by pars plana vitrectomy,” Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, vol. 247, no. 10, pp. 1325–1330, 2009.
- O. F. M. Brasil, S. D. Smith, A. Galor, C. Y. Lowder, J. E. Sears, and P. K. Kaiser, “Predictive factors for short-term visual outcome after intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide injection for diabetic macular oedema: an optical coherence tomography study,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 91, no. 6, pp. 761–765, 2007.
- R. P. Singh, E. X. Fu, S. D. Smith, D. R. Williams, and P. K. Kaiser, “Predictive factors of visual and anatomical outcome after intravitreal bevacizumab treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration: an optical coherence tomography study,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 93, no. 10, pp. 1353–1358, 2009.
- R. F. Spaide, J. Sorenson, and L. Maranan, “Photodynamic therapy with verteporfin combined with intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonide for choroidal neovascularization,” Ophthalmology, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 301–304, 2005.
- E. Yamada, “Some structural features of the fovea centralis in the human retina,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 151–159, 1969.
- M. H. Suh, J. M. Seo, K. H. Park, and H. G. Yu, “Associations Between Macular Findings by Optical Coherence Tomography and Visual Outcomes After Epiretinal Membrane Removal,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 147, no. 3, pp. 473–e3, 2009.
- T. Wakabayashi, Y. Oshima, H. Fujimoto et al., “Foveal Microstructure and Visual Acuity after Retinal Detachment Repair. Imaging Analysis by Fourier-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography,” Ophthalmology, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 519–528, 2009.
- U. E. Wolf-Schnurrbusch, R. Ghanem, S. P. Rothenbuehler, V. Enzmann, C. Framme, and S. Wolf, “Predictors of short-term visual outcome after anti-VEGF therapy of macular edema due to central retinal vein occlusion,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 3334–3337, 2011.