- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 415974, 6 pages
Effects of Vitrectomy on Recurrent Macular Edema due to Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion after Intravitreal Injection of Bevacizumab
1Department of Ophthalmology, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930-0194, Japan
2Division of Ophthalmology, Takaoka Municipal Hospital, 4-1 Takaramachi, Takaoka 933-8550, Japan
3Ishida Eye Clinic, 2-2-31 Honcho, Jouetsu 943-0832, Japan
Received 11 July 2012; Accepted 17 January 2013
Academic Editor: Ian Grierson
Copyright © 2013 Tatsuya Yunoki et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Kumagai, M. Furukawa, N. Ogino, A. Uemura, and E. Larson, “Long-term outcomes of vitrectomy with or without arteriovenous sheathotomy in branch retinal vein occlusion,” Retina, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 49–54, 2007.
- A. A. Aref and I. U. Scott, “Management of macular edema secondary to branch retinal vein occlusion: an evidence-based update,” Advances in Therapy, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 28–39, 2011.
- M. B. Parodi, G. di Stefano, and G. Ravalico, “Grid laser treatment for exudative retinal detachment secondary to ischemic branch retinal vein occlusion,” Retina, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 97–102, 2008.
- M. Yamasaki, H. Noma, H. Funatsu et al., “Changes in foveal thickness after vitrectomy for macular edema with branch retinal vein occlusion and intravitreal vascular endothelial growth factor,” International Ophthalmology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 161–167, 2009.
- G. B. Jaissle, M. Leitritz, F. Gelisken, F. Ziemssen, K. U. Bartz-Schmidt, and P. Szurman, “One-year results after intravitreal bevacizumab therapy for macular edema secondary to branch retinal vein occlusion,” Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, vol. 247, no. 1, pp. 27–33, 2009.
- T. C. Kreutzer, C. S. Alge, A. H. Wolf et al., “Intravitreal bevacizumab for the treatment of macular oedema secondary to branch retinal vein occlusion,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 351–355, 2008.
- M. D. Rabena, D. J. Pieramici, A. A. Castellarin, M. A. Nasir, and R. L. Avery, “Intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) in the treatment of macular edema secondary to branch retinal vein occlusion,” Retina, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 419–425, 2007.
- T. Yunoki, A. Miyakoshi, T. Nakamura, K. Fujita, C. Fuchizawa, and A. Hayashi :, “Treatment of macular edema due to branch retinal vein occlusion with single or multiple intravitreal injections of bevacizumab,” Japanese Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 159–164, 2012.
- E. Stefansson, R. L. Novack, and D. L. Hatchell, “Vitrectomy prevents retinal hypoxia in branch retinal vein occlusion,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 284–289, 1990.
- H. Noma, H. Funatsu, M. Yamasaki et al., “Pathogenesis of macular edema with branch retinal vein occlusion and intraocular levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and interleukin-6,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 140, no. 2, pp. 256–261, 2005.
- A. E. Fung, P. J. Rosenfeld, and E. Reichel, “The International Intravitreal Bevacizumab Safety Survey: using the internet to assess drug safety worldwide,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 90, no. 11, pp. 1344–1349, 2006.
- O. Artunay, E. Yuzbasioglu, R. Rasier, A. Sengül, and H. Bahcecioglu, “Incidence and management of acute endophthalmitis after intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) injection,” Eye, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 2187–2193, 2009.
- J. Sebag and E. A. Balazs, “Pathogenesis of cystoid macular edema: an anatomic consideration of vitreoretinal adhesions,” Survey of Ophthalmology, vol. 28, pp. 493–498, 1984.
- A. E. Hoeh, M. Ruppenstein, T. Ach, and S. Dithmar, “OCT patterns of macular edema and response to bevacizumab therapy in retinal vein occlusion,” Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, vol. 248, no. 11, pp. 1567–1572, 2010.
- N. Tachi and N. Ogino, “Vitrectomy for diffuse macular edema in cases of diabetic retinopathy,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 258–260, 1996.
- H. Lewis, G. W. Abrams, M. S. Blumenkranz, and R. V. Campo, “Vitrectomy for diabetic macular traction and edema associated with posterior hyaloidal traction,” Ophthalmology, vol. 99, no. 5, pp. 753–759, 1992.
- K. Kumagai, M. Furukawa, N. Ogino, E. Larson, M. Iwaki, and N. Tachi, “Long-term follow-up of vitrectomy for diffuse nontractional diabetic macular edema,” Retina, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 464–472, 2009.
- T. Bertelmann, N. Kičová, A. Messerschmidt-Roth, S. Irle, W. Sekundo, and S. Mennel, “The vitreomacular interface in retinal vein occlusion,” Acta Ophthalmologica, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 327–331, 2011.
- M. Raszewska-Steglinska, P. Gozdek, S. Cisiecki, Z. Michalewska, J. Michalewski, and J. Nawrocki, “Pars plana vitrectomy with ILM peeling for macular edema secondary to retinal vein occlusion,” European Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1055–1062, 2009.
- U. Mester and P. Dillinger, “Vitrectomy with arteriovenous decompression and internal limiting membrane dissection in branch retinal vein occlusion,” Retina, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 740–746, 2002.
- M. S. Mandelcorn and R. K. Nrusimhadevara, “Internal limiting membrane peeling for decompression of macular edema in retinal vein occlusion: a report of 14 cases,” Retina, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 348–355, 2004.
- K. Kriechbaum, F. Prager, W. Geitzenauer et al., “Association of retinal sensitivity and morphology during antiangiogenic treatment of retinal vein occlusion over one year,” Ophthalmology, vol. 116, no. 12, pp. 2415–2421, 2009.